Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

ps1957

Oct 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for my mother PR in Jan 2016 . Last year Dec we received the request for medical and PCC. I replied to that email and attached PCC. Today we recevied a mail from cpc-Ottawa that they are missing PCC and this is final reminder . If we don't provide PCC within 30 days. They will refuse our file. Old PCC is now 8 month old. What we can do now. New PCC will take at least month.

You can send the same PCC.
The PCC is valid for one year.

I too am in the same situation like Medicals and PCC submitted in Dec. 2016
No advice from CPC-Ottawa.
I tried the GCMS notes in March and it says Medicals Passed but background/security checks not started.
I called up the CIC and they say you have to wait.
My LVO is New Delhi

Maggie2016

May 10, 2016
I tried at least 30 times with all different combinations, and nothing worked. You can try 5 times a day only.
I even created an account for my mom and tried to link her account - all with the same result.
Since the form has many fields, the number of combinations is numerous. Besides, e.g. the name of the city where my parents live can be easily misspelled; also we have 3 kids so total number on the application (with kids - who knows how they count) can be 1 to 7 (heh, go try all variants)..... I keep trying from time to time but am close to giving up. So don't worry, you are not the only one :)
Thank you for your response. It made me feel a little better. I tried again today.. nope... nothing. let's keep trying periodically i am sure it will work some day. If any of us here finally got through and linked the account please share with us. Thank you.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
You can send the same PCC.
The PCC is valid for one year.

NOPE
I too am in the same situation like Medicals and PCC submitted in Dec. 2016
No advice from CPC-Ottawa.
I tried the GCMS notes in March and it says Medicals Passed but background/security checks not started.
I called up the CIC and they say you have to wait.
My LVO is New Delhi
PCC is validwhether issued by RPO or police authorities is valid for six months

Reactions: dadaum

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
I had sent email to NDVO to know status. Mine is In Process since Aug 2016 and medical done in Nov-2016. Here is the reply:

" Under Canada’s immigration legislation, all immigrant applications are subject to statutory requirements, including medical and background checks. These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant may be granted permanent resident status. In this context, certain background investigations are being conducted in connection with your application. As these investigations are conducted by outside agencies, we have no purview over the processing time. We are therefore unable to give an exact time frame in which we expect to conclude the verifications on this case.

For now, there is no action required on your part. Please be assured that as soon as the checks are completed the next steps in this application will be determined. Until then, we will not be able to provide any additional information on this case."

ml2001

Jun 5, 2016
I received email from HKVO that my mom's application was denied. The only reason was that we were unable to submit medical/PCC checks for my dad, who was in critical condition at a hospital. We made it clear that my dad is in poor health, will not come to Canada, and cannot even leave that hospital (hence cannot make it to the panel physician).

I felt that this is a straight-forward case for appeal. Any advice - should I still get an attorney? My dad is in very poor health and it is unlikely that he will survive this year (would that help/change the case?).

Thanks!

ztariq

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Hi,

Any of you guys still see the message on MyCIC for An additional documents is required, please see your messages and there is no message in your inbox?
Just want to make sure that this is a system glitch and I do not need to worry about it or contact London Visa Office?

Thank you

Garry 1263

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Any updates from NDVO for the passports call. Medicals for my parents expiring in exactly one month from now N they have not called for passports yet. Applied in January 2016,

Call centre guys says it's in process.
Any advise or suggestions please.

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
Does MyCiC show Background check in progress for you?

I had sent email to NDVO to know status. Mine is In Process since Aug 2016 and medical done in Nov-2016. Here is the reply:

" Under Canada’s immigration legislation, all immigrant applications are subject to statutory requirements, including medical and background checks. These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant may be granted permanent resident status. In this context, certain background investigations are being conducted in connection with your application. As these investigations are conducted by outside agencies, we have no purview over the processing time. We are therefore unable to give an exact time frame in which we expect to conclude the verifications on this case.

For now, there is no action required on your part. Please be assured that as soon as the checks are completed the next steps in this application will be determined. Until then, we will not be able to provide any additional information on this case."

proulx

Jun 23, 2015
Quebec
LANDED..........
30 MAY 2004 MA VIE EST MERVEILLEUSE
8th of february 2017, my mom's first visit at st. luke's medical clinic in manila. panel physician saw something abnormal on her xray test. 14th, 15th & 16th, she was asked to do a sputum test. 20th was for incubation test. she completed everything the panel physician told her to do and the test was all negative but then she was asked to redo her xray on May 9 to finalize her medical examination. after leaving the clinic, panel physician told her to wait for immigration's reply. on June 8th, she received a letter from manilmc@international.gc.ca stating ''YOUR IMMIGRATION MEDICAL RESULT HAS BEEN RECEIVED AND IN ORDER TO COMPLETE THE ASSESMENT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION IS REQUIRED''. i received a letter on my gckey account too. yesterday, 26th of June, my mom went to st. luke's medical clinic again presenting the letter and the physician told her to come back on 10th of August. it is so frustrating and annoying :(:rolleyes:o_O that she needed to come back again. going back and forth is really a waste of time...i almost giving up. what else they want? we wanted to make sure we did everything the immigration want from us for they gave a deadline on every request. aargh!! :mad::mad: i am so stressed, frustrated and annoyed with the system.

KitsuneDream

Jan 24, 2013
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014 App Received..: 21-05-2014 CC Charged....: 04-09-2014 PER Received: 09-09-2014
Doc's Request.
16-10-2014
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
21-10-2014
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
8th of february 2017, my mom's first visit at st. luke's medical clinic in manila. panel physician saw something abnormal on her xray test. 14th, 15th & 16th, she was asked to do a sputum test. 20th was for incubation test. she completed everything the panel physician told her to do and the test was all negative but then she was asked to redo her xray on May 9 to finalize her medical examination. after leaving the clinic, panel physician told her to wait for immigration's reply. on June 8th, she received a letter from manilmc@international.gc.ca stating ''YOUR IMMIGRATION MEDICAL RESULT HAS BEEN RECEIVED AND IN ORDER TO COMPLETE THE ASSESMENT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION IS REQUIRED''. i received a letter on my gckey account too. yesterday, 26th of June, my mom went to st. luke's medical clinic again presenting the letter and the physician told her to come back on 10th of August. it is so frustrating and annoying :(:rolleyes:o_O that she needed to come back again. going back and forth is really a waste of time...i almost giving up. what else they want? we wanted to make sure we did everything the immigration want from us for they gave a deadline on every request. aargh!! :mad::mad: i am so stressed, frustrated and annoyed with the system.
That's really frustrating. Didn't they ask for other tests like a CT scan? They probably found a nodule on x-ray and would have to see over time to note some change in size. Hopefully, the one in August will be the last appointment with the panel physician.

IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

Any updates from NDVO for the passports call. Medicals for my parents expiring in exactly one month from now N they have not called for passports yet. Applied in January 2016,

Call centre guys says it's in process.
Any advise or suggestions please.
Same Timeline.
No update from NDVO at all.

Reactions: Garry 1263

Garry 1263

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Has your background check started yet? My parents BC has been in progress for about 10 days now and no request for passport yet. Also the application status has changed in "Decision made" around the same time.
Any idea of how long would it take to do the back check for them as if not mistaken the back check for our case has not started even

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Same here nothing yet. Our medicals and documents were submitted in February and no update and background check hasnt been started yet.
On MyCIC i see this message that we require an additional document please see your message, but i do not have any message. Do you see same message too on your myCIC? quite a few ppl got that update and there was no message so we are assuming its the system error.
Hey,,

This is what i see

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

So i guess this is a message error as when i check there is no messages which are new infact the old one.

S