+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rnakra said:
I have written the New Delhi office easily three times in the last 4 months. My Medicals and police were sent back in August and they haven't even started the background check. Every time I just get an email back saying there is nothing required by me I am in line to be reviewed by an officer they will contact me once that is complete. Low and behold it's now April end and I checked today and still no background check started

Thanks
Same!! Frustrating

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
rnakra said:
I have written the New Delhi office easily three times in the last 4 months. My Medicals and police were sent back in August and they haven't even started the background check. Every time I just get an email back saying there is nothing required by me I am in line to be reviewed by an officer they will contact me once that is complete. Low and behold it's now April end and I checked today and still no background check started

Thanks
My parents file was transferred to NDVO in Feb and no IME, PCC requests since that. No Background check etc

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
junzky28 said:
Pls Help!! I received a letter today.

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada sponsored by ***

Subsection 13 (1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a Canadian citizen
or permanent resident may, subject to the regulations, sponsor a foreign national who is a
member of the family class.

Section 120 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that for the purposes
of Part 5 of the Regulations,

(a) a permanent resident visa shall not be issued to a foreign national who makes an
application as a member of the family class or to their accompanying family
members unless a sponsorship undertaking in respect of the foreign national and
those family members is in effect; and

(b) a foreign national who makes an application as a member of the family class and
their accompanying family members shall not become permanent residents unless a
sponsorship undertaking in respect of the foreign national and those family members
is in effect and the sponsor who gave that undertaking still meets the requirements of
section 133 and, if applicable, section 137.

Subsection 133 (1) of the Regulations states that a sponsorship application shall only be
approved by an officer if, on the day on which the application was filed and from that day until
the day a decision is made with respect to the application, there is evidence that the sponsor
(j) if the sponsor resides
(i) in a province other than a province referred to in paragraph 131(b),
(B) has a total income that is at least equal to the minimum necessary
income, plus 30%, for each of the three consecutive taxation years
immediately preceding the date of filing of the sponsorship application, if
the sponsorship application was filed in respect of a foreign national who
is
(I) the sponsor’s mother or father,
(II) the mother or father of the sponsor’s mother or father, or
(III) an accompanying family member of the foreign national described in subclause (I) or (II), and

We have information on file that your sponsor (and co-signer, if applicable) did not demonstrate having a total income that meets the requirements noted above for each of the three consecutive taxation years immediately preceding the date of filing of the sponsorship undertaking, and that your sponsor is therefore ineligible to sponsor you. Accordingly, it appears that you do not meet the requirements of section 120(b) of the Regulations.

Any evidence or submission which you or your sponsor may wish to provide to address the above concern should be sent to this office within 30 days from the date of this letter. If no correspondence is received within the period specified, a decision will be made based on the information available on your file.

On the last paragraph, What kind of evidence?
You've said in several previous posts that you don't meet the income requirements to sponsor your parents. So unfortunately there's really no evidence you can provide to address the last paragraph. CIC is preparing to refuse your application. That's really what this letter means.

futurecitizen

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
Hi All,

Just wanted to inform everybody that today my parents got the visa today along with COPR. Thankyou everybody.

Few questions:

1. How long is the wait for getting PR card. Immigration website says 45 days how true is that. I'm planning to get book their return tickets so what is the safe option.
2. On COPR final destination is <city name> and in sponsor section my details are there along with my address. Is it possible for them to change the address for the PR card when they do the landing OR they do the landing and I change the address on immigration website or phone CIC or their address change.

Hope to get answers soon.

ershadiubc

Apr 21, 2017
Hi All,

2016 APPLICANT; for my Mother and Father

File is in Ottawa office right now; here are key dates:

Application Delivery: Jan 4, 2016
CC Charge Date: Jan 21, 2016
1st AOR: Feb 2, 2016
Sponsorship Approval Date: Jun 13, 2016
CPC-Ottawa Transfer: Jun 13, 2016
PR Application Process Start Date: Aug 18, 2016
IME, PPC and RPR Fee Request: Sept 22, 2016
IME: Regular
IME Completed: Oct 13, 2016
Additional Medical Test Requested [for my Father]: Oct 18, 2016
PPC and RPR Fee Submitted: Oct 28, 2016
Additional Medical Test Completed: Jan 23, 2017
IME Result Received: Feb 2, 2017 [Passed]

Since Feb 2nd, 2017 we are waiting for Passport Request. ECAS status is PR in-Process; no update in the system since then; Is this normal processing time after IME?

Anyone has any luck to reach CPC-Ottawa office for latest status updates for in-process application/file? Little worried as it is almost 3 months since IME is completed; Appreciate your inputs.

Regards,
Ershad.

tweetyishere

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Request
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
03-11-2016
Check Rossei's spreadsheet to show you the current status of 2016 applicants

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14ujwMXUzGTckLlr1dkuitOOKiqpp5_bhhLDKxDe3NDg/edit#gid=1536656204

good luck

ershadiubc said:
Hi All,

2016 APPLICANT; for my Mother and Father

File is in Ottawa office right now; here are key dates:

Application Delivery: Jan 4, 2016
CC Charge Date: Jan 21, 2016
1st AOR: Feb 2, 2016
Sponsorship Approval Date: Jun 13, 2016
CPC-Ottawa Transfer: Jun 13, 2016
PR Application Process Start Date: Aug 18, 2016
IME, PPC and RPR Fee Request: Sept 22, 2016
IME: Regular
IME Completed: Oct 13, 2016
Additional Medical Test Requested [for my Father]: Oct 18, 2016
PPC and RPR Fee Submitted: Oct 28, 2016
Additional Medical Test Completed: Jan 23, 2017
IME Result Received: Feb 2, 2017 [Passed]

Since Feb 2nd, 2017 we are waiting for Passport Request. ECAS status is PR in-Process; no update in the system since then; Is this normal processing time after IME?

Anyone has any luck to reach CPC-Ottawa office for latest status updates for in-process application/file? Little worried as it is almost 3 months since IME is completed; Appreciate your inputs.

Regards,
Ershad.

jojo23

Feb 17, 2017
my mother got the request for further medical examination :( ...
She had Hepaticis C in the past and was cured. she told the panel doctor about it. the results showed that Hepaticis C antibodies test was reactive but the HCV RNA was not detected (means not actively infected with HCV)... do you think this might be the reason for the further exam request or could be something else. please advise as I'm little bit worried... she will meet the doctor next week. thanks.

cdnrics

Aug 8, 2011
Yes, link below are the guidelines for hepatitis B & C patients to follow by IME
www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/IMEI_Hepatitis.pdf

Loya1418

Nov 21, 2013
futurecitizen said:
Hi All,

Just wanted to inform everybody that today my parents got the visa today along with COPR. Thankyou everybody.

Few questions:

1. How long is the wait for getting PR card. Immigration website says 45 days how true is that. I'm planning to get book their return tickets so what is the safe option.
My in-laws landed at the end of February, got their PR couple weeks ago. It looks like 45 days is true.

jojo23

Feb 17, 2017
cdnrics said:
Yes, link below are the guidelines for hepatitis B & C patients to follow by IME
thank you cdnrics this is very helpful but I'm still wondering what kind of further exam they could do, since the last one confirmed that she is not actively infected. any thoughts ::)

abdrasz

Sep 10, 2016
Folks,
on April 21 my parents received an email asking for medicals and police certificates. This didn't show up yet at GCKEY so we won't able to upload police certificates
They also asked that sponsor (myself) should pay RPRF fees. They said I can do it online, but I am struggling whereabout there. Any ideas?
thank you

rnakra

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
So I got this email from Delhiimmigration today:

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi, India.

Please note that this file is with the case officer for review. There is currently no action required on your part. We will contact you as soon as the review is complete. Until then, we will not be able to provide any additional information on this application.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

But when I log into cic I still do not see the background check has been started. Not sure if they haven't updated it online or exactly what is happening

deepakvirdi11

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
12-09-2016
Med's Request
12-09-2016
Med's Done....
20-12-2016
abdrasz said:
Folks,
on April 21 my parents received an email asking for medicals and police certificates. This didn't show up yet at GCKEY so we won't able to upload police certificates
They also asked that sponsor (myself) should pay RPRF fees. They said I can do it online, but I am struggling whereabout there. Any ideas?
thank you
Use this link to pay it https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=8

Enter the quantity as 2 for mom and dad and login and pay using credit card or selected method. You can use your own credit card as it don't have to same as the applicants name.

IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rnakra said:
So I got this email from Delhiimmigration today:

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi, India.

Please note that this file is with the case officer for review. There is currently no action required on your part. We will contact you as soon as the review is complete. Until then, we will not be able to provide any additional information on this application.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

But when I log into cic I still do not see the background check has been started. Not sure if they haven't updated it online or exactly what is happening
I have been getting this same reply from Delhi last November, don't see BC in progress.
Before that they said your file is in queue for review.