Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

KitsuneDream

Jan 24, 2013
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014 App Received..: 21-05-2014 CC Charged....: 04-09-2014 PER Received: 09-09-2014
Doc's Request.
16-10-2014
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
21-10-2014
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
thecoolguysam said:
Question:

When there is IME, PCC or Passport request, does e-cas updates with some information?
Yes! We got this line...

3. We sent you correspondence on February 20, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

junzky28

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
AB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
04/01/2016
Doc's Request.
30-10-2016 / 17-04-2017 / MED, RPRF 05-12-2017
AOR Received.
16/05/2016
File Transfer...
13-02-2017
Med's Request
05-12-2017
Med's Done....
1st med 13-12-2017 / 2nd request 02/01/2018 / 3rd request 11/01/2018 / 4th 30/05/2018
Passport Req..
Waiting
Pls Help!! I received a letter today.

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada sponsored by ***

Subsection 13 (1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a Canadian citizen
or permanent resident may, subject to the regulations, sponsor a foreign national who is a
member of the family class.

Section 120 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that for the purposes
of Part 5 of the Regulations,

(a) a permanent resident visa shall not be issued to a foreign national who makes an
application as a member of the family class or to their accompanying family
members unless a sponsorship undertaking in respect of the foreign national and
those family members is in effect; and

(b) a foreign national who makes an application as a member of the family class and
their accompanying family members shall not become permanent residents unless a
sponsorship undertaking in respect of the foreign national and those family members
is in effect and the sponsor who gave that undertaking still meets the requirements of
section 133 and, if applicable, section 137.

Subsection 133 (1) of the Regulations states that a sponsorship application shall only be
approved by an officer if, on the day on which the application was filed and from that day until
the day a decision is made with respect to the application, there is evidence that the sponsor
(j) if the sponsor resides
(i) in a province other than a province referred to in paragraph 131(b),
(B) has a total income that is at least equal to the minimum necessary
income, plus 30%, for each of the three consecutive taxation years
immediately preceding the date of filing of the sponsorship application, if
the sponsorship application was filed in respect of a foreign national who
is
(I) the sponsor’s mother or father,
(II) the mother or father of the sponsor’s mother or father, or
(III) an accompanying family member of the foreign national described in subclause (I) or (II), and

We have information on file that your sponsor (and co-signer, if applicable) did not demonstrate having a total income that meets the requirements noted above for each of the three consecutive taxation years immediately preceding the date of filing of the sponsorship undertaking, and that your sponsor is therefore ineligible to sponsor you. Accordingly, it appears that you do not meet the requirements of section 120(b) of the Regulations.

Any evidence or submission which you or your sponsor may wish to provide to address the above concern should be sent to this office within 30 days from the date of this letter. If no correspondence is received within the period specified, a decision will be made based on the information available on your file.

On the last paragraph, What kind of evidence?

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
junzky28 said:
Anything that proves that you had sufficient income proceeding the filing of your application. So for your 2016 application, you have to show required income for 2013, 2014 and 2015 like every other applicant.
Usually this is through Option C of your tax return statements. If you had a cosigner, then 3 year statements for both of you.

If you did not have necessary income, your application will likely get denied.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Anyone know why there has been no news in the last month and half? I dont see any new Medical requests, PPRs, etc in the excel spreadsheet. CIC taking a break? Are they processing 2014/2015 candidates?

Noui

Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
CSQ_23-06-2016, Submitted Oct. 2016
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Request
23-06-2016
Med's Done....
28-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017
_MK_ said:
Anyone know why there has been no news in the last month and half? I dont see any new Medical requests, PPRs, etc in the excel spreadsheet. CIC taking a break? Are they processing 2014/2015 candidates?
My mother received her PPR 4 days ago. LVO Paris

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
junzky28 said:
Pls Help!! I received a letter today.

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada sponsored by ***

Subsection 13 (1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a Canadian citizen
or permanent resident may, subject to the regulations, sponsor a foreign national who is a
member of the family class.

Section 120 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that for the purposes
of Part 5 of the Regulations,

(a) a permanent resident visa shall not be issued to a foreign national who makes an
application as a member of the family class or to their accompanying family
members unless a sponsorship undertaking in respect of the foreign national and
those family members is in effect; and

(b) a foreign national who makes an application as a member of the family class and
their accompanying family members shall not become permanent residents unless a
sponsorship undertaking in respect of the foreign national and those family members
is in effect and the sponsor who gave that undertaking still meets the requirements of
section 133 and, if applicable, section 137.

Subsection 133 (1) of the Regulations states that a sponsorship application shall only be
approved by an officer if, on the day on which the application was filed and from that day until
the day a decision is made with respect to the application, there is evidence that the sponsor
(j) if the sponsor resides
(i) in a province other than a province referred to in paragraph 131(b),
(B) has a total income that is at least equal to the minimum necessary
income, plus 30%, for each of the three consecutive taxation years
immediately preceding the date of filing of the sponsorship application, if
the sponsorship application was filed in respect of a foreign national who
is
(I) the sponsor’s mother or father,
(II) the mother or father of the sponsor’s mother or father, or
(III) an accompanying family member of the foreign national described in subclause (I) or (II), and

We have information on file that your sponsor (and co-signer, if applicable) did not demonstrate having a total income that meets the requirements noted above for each of the three consecutive taxation years immediately preceding the date of filing of the sponsorship undertaking, and that your sponsor is therefore ineligible to sponsor you. Accordingly, it appears that you do not meet the requirements of section 120(b) of the Regulations.

Any evidence or submission which you or your sponsor may wish to provide to address the above concern should be sent to this office within 30 days from the date of this letter. If no correspondence is received within the period specified, a decision will be made based on the information available on your file.

You need to tell us your family size and your NOC amounts for us to be able to help you out + what did you originally submit.

TweetyBugs

Feb 6, 2016
Hello Everyone!

I just want to give an update regarding the processing of my mother-in-laws sponsorship status. To give a brief preview, my husband filed the application last 04JAN2016, first AOR 02FEB2016, addtl docs request 08JUN2016, eligibility approval 23JAN2017.

According to the E-CAS online, the application is now in process starting 28MAR2017 at MNL visa office. We have been unsuccessful in linking the application to the online account which I have tried to do many many times. It is very frustrating since we are not able to see a more detailed update of her application. She also have not received any mail locally.

Rossei, I tried to update my info on the spreadsheet however I was unsuccessful. When you have time, please kindly update my info.

I would also like to thank you for all your help and know that you are very much appreciated for the endless guidance you continue to provide.

Thank you.

waiting86

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
2016 APPLICANT

File is in Ottawa and medicals and police clearance were sent in January(asked in Dec) but no update after that. Is this normal processing time?

jeffporfirio2

Apr 11, 2017
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
planningtogo said:
My parents and brother's medicals are expiring this July. Hoping for an update as well.
You will be requested second medicals as they need PR Visa to last one year from medicals

IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeffporfirio2 said:
You will be requested second medicals as they need PR Visa to last one year from medicals
Not true, they don't need to last PR visa for a year.
However, you must have valid medicals before you land in Canada.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Noui said:
My mother received her PPR 4 days ago. LVO Paris
Thanks for the reply. The couple of updates are for those with LVO not CPC Ottawa where most of the applications are. I suspect PARIS and most other LVOs application volume are tiny compared to CPC Ottawa and they have their own separate timeline.
I know someone whose application was reached after mine on Jan 4th last year and his application went to Singapore. His mom landed last year while most of people in CPC ottawa doesn't even have IME yet!

jeffporfirio2

Apr 11, 2017
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
_MK_ said:
Thanks for the reply. The couple of updates are for those with LVO not CPC Ottawa where most of the applications are. I suspect PARIS and most other LVOs application volume are tiny compared to CPC Ottawa and they have their own separate timeline.
I know someone whose application was reached after mine on Jan 4th last year and his application went to Singapore. His mom landed last year while most of people in CPC ottawa doesn't even have IME yet!
Mexico is prob twice as slow

toronto_dun

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
waiting86 said:
2016 APPLICANT

File is in Ottawa and medicals and police clearance were sent in January(asked in Dec) but no update after that. Is this normal processing time?
Hard to say what's normal now. Medicals in August, police in November and nothing since.

Noui

Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
CSQ_23-06-2016, Submitted Oct. 2016
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Request
23-06-2016
Med's Done....
28-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017
toronto_dun said:
Hard to say what's normal now. Medicals in August, police in November and nothing since.
I agree with you, no logic in their process, it's frustrating. In the case of my mother, Medicals and police in July 2016, CSQ for Quebec in October. I wrote an email to LVO Paris on March 24. 12 days after they answered that the file is in process. Next day the Ecas status changed to Decision made. 6 days after, we received the PPR by email. I think you should write them.

rnakra

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
I have written the New Delhi office easily three times in the last 4 months. My Medicals and police were sent back in August and they haven't even started the background check. Every time I just get an email back saying there is nothing required by me I am in line to be reviewed by an officer they will contact me once that is complete. Low and behold it's now April end and I checked today and still no background check started

Thanks