+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

highway52

Jan 26, 2016
citizenship_seeker said:
Ok I read your whole email carefully and then searched my emails to find out the documents that were asked from me. I had the following snippet in my email:

Documents which clearly establish the relationship between you and your sponsor as well as between you and your accompanying family members. Please provide a minimum of two (2) of the following: original birth certificates in original language issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths, school documents such as Fifth, Middle, Matriculation or Senior Secondary school certificates and/or mark sheets from an education board, certified copy of your sponsor’s old Indian passport showing the sponsor’s name and the parents’ names, Indian marriage certificates showing parents’ names, and voter identification cards. At least one of the documents must have been issued before the date your sponsor became a permanent resident of Canada. Note: All documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation into English or French.

q Documents that clearly establish the relationship between you and your accompanying family members. If you have dependants under 22 years of age, please provide a minimum of two (2) of the following: original birth certificates in original language issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths, school documents such as Fifth, Middle, Matriculation or Senior Secondary school certificates and/or mark sheets from an education board, certified copy of your dependant’s old Indian passport showing his/her name and the parents’ names. At least one of the documents must have been issued before the date your sponsor became a permanent resident of Canada. Note: All documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation into English or French.

Also you are saying that you emailed these documents. Did they ask you to email them or send the actual physical documents (certified copy of passport of course) to their office? I remember sending the documents physically because I was also asked to send PCC along with these documents.
Following was clearly mentioned in the email. I just emailed them the scanned copies of matriculation certificate and old Indian Passport which has my mother's name. When I submitted my application, I had provided a copy of my birth certificate which has my mother's name on it as well. They are now asking for second proof. For PCC, they had asked for originals back in Sep 2016 which I mailed to them.

Please quote our complete file number on your correspondence and send to the High Commission at the e-mail address or mailing address indicated below. Unless specifically requested, original documents are not required. You may submit scanned copies by e-mail.
PLEASE RETURN THIS FORM WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section/ Section de l’immigration
High Commission of Canada in India / Government of Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi 110021, India
E-mail : delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

www.india.gc.ca www.cic.gc.ca

Good2016

Mar 23, 2016
Does anyone know how to contact Hong Kong office other than web message?
I need to call them. I'm kind of worried for not receiving medical exam request. I received document request and even landing fee request on March 8th by email but still no MEI form.

highway52

Jan 26, 2016
Good2016 said:
Does anyone know how to contact Hong Kong office other than web message?
I need to call them. I'm kind of worried for not receiving medical exam request. I received document request and even landing fee request on March 8th by email but still no MEI form.
I also never received an email for medical request. I noticed other people from my batch getting emails for medical. So I decide to take my mother to do medicals and setup an appointment with a doctor. When I arrived there they checked my file on their system. They found a medical record number. CIC issue this when they are requesting medicals. I did my mother's medical and after few weeks. Mycic showed medical as passed. This was way back in Aug 2016.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Re: Please put your insights when application got refused because of missing mail

Aporajita said:
Hi Rossei and Forum Members,

I've been following you for a while and you guys have been doing a phenomenal job. Was looking for the expert to get help, thought you'd be helpful in my predicament.

I had applied for the PGP program for my parents before Jan 1st, 2014 and CIC received that on January 10, 2014. They started processing the application on March 18, 2016.
On April 14, 2016, I received their first e-mail saying that I met the requirements to sponsor my parents and they are going to forward the application to the CPC – Ottawa office for further processing.
Meanwhile, I was checking my application status now and then, and saying from ‘processing’ to ‘decision made’ (can’t remember the date exactly, may be June ’16).
I received their last mail on Jan 11, 17 which said that they are refusing my application because my parents did not respond to the RPRF issued on June 23rd 16 and Medical request issued on 21st June, 16.
Having discussed this with them, I realized that my parents did not receive any mail from CIC, nor were they able to check their email which was included in their application (which I checked for later on) and missing mail is not a common phenomenon in Bangladesh.
On my last mail, I was told I could go for an appeal to Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) within 30 days of notification, and I already did that. They acknowledged my notice of appeal on Jan 30th, 17 and waited for the hearing date. I haven’t appointed anyone (Attorney) on behalf of me yet, wondering if you could give me any advice on this matter.
I'm sorry to hear that.

If Ottawa really sent a request for medical and RPRF, it's most likely that they sent it via email. And you're saying that neither you nor your parents checked it for some time? If the request actually came in email and you guys overlooked it; then I recommend to hire a lawyer to deal with this. On the other hand, if it never came (mail or email); then you have a much stronger case.

In any way, I think you should be hopeful to straighten this out.

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks from LVO !

Anyone can update how long it takes to update online my CIC account system that documents have been received ( PC , schedule A etc) So in case if it is not updated i can upload scanned copies of these as well.

Thanks

S

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
CPC Ottawa has been very slow lately. I dont see much movement in the spreadsheet or are people not sending in their updates?

highway52

Jan 26, 2016
thecoolguysam said:
@highway52

Did you send your mother's old Indian passport?
No I send the copy of my old Indian passport which was my travel document prior to acquiring Canadian citizenship and passport

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
Sometime Before August 2017
myYahoo said:
Thanks for update, could you please let us know your status massage in MYCIC and processing status?
MYCIC still in process, bc in process but in CIC Application status for PR shows decision made now.

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
IndoCanadian777 said:
Congratulations!
Pls share if the BC changed to in progress on myCIC?
yes itdid.,

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
adip19 said:
Congratulations! When did your BC change to in progress and when decision was made on your file.
thanks, 1 weekback or sobc changedto in progress, decision made 3-4 days ago.

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
Rossei said:
Are you in the SS? If not, I would like to add you there.
thanks Rossei, feelfreeto add me.

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
reachmenow said:
thanks, 1 weekback or sobc changedto in progress, decision made 3-4 days ago.
Does anybody else have the following :-\:

MyCIC (gckey): Background Check "Not applicable", i.e. not started yet, right?
And PR application status is "decision made" (changed from "in process" 3 days ago)