+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
Good2016 said:
Hi Everyone!

I received an email from Hong Kong office asking for Background Check, Criminal Check and Landing fee BUT no Medical Exam required.

Is it strange?
Normally the request for medical exam comes with a separate email.

cco

Mar 23, 2016
Good2016 said:
Hi Everyone!

I received an email from Hong Kong office asking for Background Check, Criminal Check and Landing fee BUT no Medical Exam required.

Is it strange?
how long to take you get the email from HK office request for background check ? after you know your file transfer to HK...

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
jojo23 said:
same thing for me but no seperate email received yet..
I'd suggest waiting for 5-7 days and then send an enquiry by email, just to be on the safe side.

We were in a similar situation - got the email with a request for Police certificate and nothing for a medical exam. Husband called CIC and got a reply that they didn't send medical forms (while in fact they did!).
But it still looked strange for me and I sent an email to CIC and got a reply that "yes, we sent you an email with medical form". But we didn't get anything! So my in-laws went to a clinic for medical test having no forms, just with their UCI #. Glad we decided to double check.

Don't want to put any panic lol but it's always better to check. And when you send a written request you'd get a written reply as a proof, not just a phone answer.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
just want to share how they changed my cic for last 2 weeks

Where is this application? Details Help
Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Review of additional documents Not applicable. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

looks like there is a option no medical for somebody, otherwise why to write it

jojo23

Feb 17, 2017
Luda345 said:
I'd suggest waiting for 5-7 days and then send an enquiry by email, just to be on the safe side.

We were in a similar situation - got the email with a request for Police certificate and nothing for a medical exam. Husband called CIC and got a reply that they didn't send medical forms (while in fact they did!).
But it still looked strange for me and I sent an email to CIC and got a reply that "yes, we sent you an email with medical form". But we didn't get anything! So my in-laws went to a clinic for medical test having no forms, just with their UCI #. Glad we decided to double check.

Don't want to put any panic lol but it's always better to check. And when you send a written request you'd get a written reply as a proof, not just a phone answer.
Thank you Luda, the problem is that it's been more than 30 days that we've received this request ...I just sent an email to CTD-Ottawa to inquire about medicals. Did they respond quickly to your email ? Thank you !

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
jojo23 said:
Thank you Luda, the problem is that it's been more than 30 days that we've received this request ...I just sent an email to CTD-Ottawa to inquire about medicals. Did they respond quickly to your email ? Thank you !
They responded within 1 week if I remember correctly.

Jasabhi

Mar 12, 2017
ABD12345 said:
Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. I don't follow this thread very often.
I had a similar situation. I just e-mailed LVO with Birth certificate, and they were fine with it.
Hope it helps.
How soon you Hv to inform the LVO about any changes like this..and do we Hv to send an email or mail the document and where we Hv to do it..my parents file has been sent to Delhi

masoom1

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
Its 2 cents from

I got document request like landing fee and other in email, its states that medical comes in seperate email, but never came in email

BUT guys, if you link your application online, go to messages and you will get medical pdf there, thats how i got medical pdf, never came in email, so if you have application link, check messages

cco said:
how long to take you get the email from HK office request for background check ? after you know your file transfer to HK...

cco

Mar 23, 2016
masoom1 said:
Its 2 cents from

I got document request like landing fee and other in email, its states that medical comes in seperate email, but never came in email

BUT guys, if you link your application online, go to messages and you will get medical pdf there, thats how i got medical pdf, never came in email, so if you have application link, check messages
thank you .I am thinking should i do upfront? my case transferred to HK..

ABD12345

Dec 4, 2015
Jasabhi said:
How soon you Hv to inform the LVO about any changes like this..and do we Hv to send an email or mail the document and where we Hv to do it..my parents file has been sent to Delhi
I e-mailed LVO (Ottawa) about new born. Two weeks later, they responded asking for birth certificate, so I scanned and e-mailed it.
Do it as soon as you get birth certificate. I did it through E-mail which is faster and safe.

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
FYI.. My parents submitted the passports via VFS today in India. :)

jas500

Feb 26, 2011
ecas shows decision made last week but email as of yet. do you know long it takes to get the email. CIC application link still shows in progress. whats your cic application link status shows.

avi_15 said:
FYI.. My parents submitted the passports via VFS today in India. :)

jas500

Feb 26, 2011
ecas shows decision made last week but NO email as of yet. do you know long it takes to get the email. CIC application link still shows in progress. whats your cic application link status shows.

jas500 said:
ecas shows decision made last week but NO email as of yet. do you know long it takes to get the email. CIC application link still shows in progress. whats your cic application link status shows.