+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Felixo said:
i got an email to send daddy's death certificate to New Delhi. Please let me know if I can scan and email them the certificate or if I need to post the original certificate to New Delhi
Email should specify if they need original or notarised copy.
Can you please share your myCIC status? What does it show for Back check ?
When did you submit medicals?

ija1971

Jan 18, 2016
Calainp said:
usernames:
cgy16
bc16

PCC sent end of Oct
Medical done early Nov
Background in progress- 18 Dec
ecas changed to decision made- 4 Mar
Still no ppr in both cases
Did you contact CIC ?

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
EFAHIM said:
I don't find any upload option anywhere on this page. It's kind of freaking me out now. everything else is there except any upload option!!!! :eek:
Don't worry. Your visa office is Ottawa, right? Simply send all documents (PCCs with translations if necessary, etc) by email. I didn't have the upload option in MyCIC for my inlaws as well and I sent everything by email and my inlaws got visas already.

KOONI

Mar 2, 2017
Rossei said:
pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

I was asked to submit 2 copies of my mom's photos (not more than 6 months old) along with the PPR. Make min 4 copies if you want to send them in advance.
It really doesn't matter changing address back n forth (Canada n Home country).
Do you know what is size for photos for visas? We still didn't get PPR request. But we would like to prepare.

Thank you in advance

Anon2016

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
EFAHIM said:
I don't find any upload option anywhere on this page. It's kind of freaking me out now. everything else is there except any upload option!!!! :eek:
Hi EFAHIM,

No need to panic. Rossie has already provided the email address to send the PCC to Ottawa. Uploading the file is another method.

Q: When you log into your MyCIC account, what do you see when you click the blue button that says 'Check status and messages'? Do you see a page with a table? One of the line items in the table is 'Review of submitted documents'. Do you see something that says we need additional documents from the applicant?

P.S Also read Luda345's response above.

highway52

Jan 26, 2016
Update:

My application is at NVDO. Received Jan 04th 2016 at 9:30AM.
Medicals done and passed at end of Aug 2016. PCC and additional documents provided early Sep 2016
No news after that.... then today I noticed following on mycic. I highlighted them in RED

Where is this application?
Application status: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: Not applicable
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

r3su1

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Hi Rossie,

It seems that nobody could answer my question below and I hope you can help? We are expecting our second child in April. Just want to know what document I will need to submit to inform CIC a new addition to our family. Should I submit the document to LVO where my mom's PR application is being processed?

Thanks in advance!

adip19

Sep 19, 2016
r3su1 said:
Hi Rossie,

It seems that nobody could answer my question below and I hope you can help? We are expecting our second child in April. Just want to know what document I will need to submit to inform CIC a new addition to our family. Should I submit the document to LVO where my mom's PR application is being processed?

Thanks in advance!
I will recommend you to do nothing as you have already received sponsorship approval. If you really want then only inform Mississauga office and not LVO and that too after July. May be by then you will receive passport request. Submit IRCC webform and include birth certificate and 2016 tax return at that time.

Jun2014ctznshp

Aug 8, 2014
Got PPR today for parents in India
4 Jan 2016 - VW express
3 June 2016 - SA - file moved to Ottawa
18 Aug 2016 - In progress
18 Oct 2016 - Medical and PCC, RPRF
11 Nov 2016 Medical done
14 Nov 2016 PCC and RPRP submitted
4 Dec 2016 - BG in progress in MyCIC
9 March 2017 - Passport request

All the best to everyone else, i see action for CIC so hope everyone gets to the finish line soon.

EFAHIM

Dec 6, 2014
Anon2016 said:
Hi EFAHIM,

No need to panic. Rossie has already provided the email address to send the PCC to Ottawa. Uploading the file is another method.

Q: When you log into your MyCIC account, what do you see when you click the blue button that says 'Check status and messages'? Do you see a page with a table? One of the line items in the table is 'Review of submitted documents'. Do you see something that says we need additional documents from the applicant?

P.S Also read Luda345 .
Thank you!

Yes I saw a table "Application/profile details" with all the information for my application, then bottom of the page I click "View submitted application" , then its opened a page with title "Documents submitted by the client"

In this page I see the name listed of my parents under "Supporting documents" list and stated "There are no required documents for this Online Application." (although its paper application) and there is no option to upload anything.

this page has all the correct header (Details, document name, instruction, option, required by) by everything is blank.

I sent the PCC and RPRF receipt PDF by email but don't get any email back from anyone. I think now I just have to wait!!

Thanks Luda345' and Anon2016 for your response

Anon2016

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
EFAHIM said:
Thank you!
...I sent the PCC and RPRF receipt PDF by email but don't get any email back from anyone. I think now I just have to wait!!

Your welcome!

Guess the upload button is not active since the system message says There are no required docs... It appears that this does not matter since Luda345's experience was similar to yours and already got Visa.

All the best with your application!!

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
EFAHIM said:
I sent the PCC and RPRF receipt PDF by email but don't get any email back from anyone. I think now I just have to wait!!

Have you got an automated reply for your RPRF receipt? There are two different email addresses for PCCs and RPRF.

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Jun2014ctznshp said:
Got PPR today for parents in India
4 Jan 2016 - VW express
3 June 2016 - SA - file moved to Ottawa
18 Aug 2016 - In progress
18 Oct 2016 - Medical and PCC, RPRF
11 Nov 2016 Medical done
14 Nov 2016 PCC and RPRP submitted
4 Dec 2016 - BG in progress in MyCIC
9 March 2017 - Passport request

All the best to everyone else, i see action for CIC so hope everyone gets to the finish line soon.

Congratulations!
Lucky you
Our medical was done in August and still waiting, wish you and your family all the best

EFAHIM

Dec 6, 2014
Luda345 said:
Have you got an automated reply for your RPRF receipt? There are two different email addresses for PCCs and RPRF.
Yes got automated message for both of the email

Email PCCs to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Email RPRF to: CPCO-Cost-Recovery@cic.gc.ca

Thanks,
Fahim