+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

reunion2017

Feb 15, 2017
Question about applications at HongKong LVO:

Has anybody received passport request yet? Or at least has anybody started their background check already after medical exam?

My mother received request for medical exam and police clearance certificate in November 2016. She passed medical exam in the same month. However her background check has not been started yet...I understand the medical is only good for one year, so not sure what the timeline would be next.

I know there are quite a few applicants in HongKong that passed medicals back in June or July 2016. I would like to know if anybody has more updates on there.

Thanks.

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
tweetyishere said:
congrats dadaum :):):) I am so happy for you :):) hopefully your applications will be finalized quickly so that you could come with your mother :):)
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thank you very much tweetyishere.I am much delighted to receive this update.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
one of my friends file got requested following from NDVO:

-PCC from India
-Aadhar cards and Election ID cards for both parents and sponsor (sponsor does not have either because it was never needed being in Canada)
-Old passport of my friend (sponsor only has one passport which has been added to the original application)
-Marriage certificate (there is none)
-10th and 12th marksheets for sponsor
-Death certificate of dad
-Copy of ration card (they moved around so have aadhar card and election id of the new address but ration card of old address)

That is quite an exhaustive list. My friend's mom went though a name change which I think may have triggered this scenario. Issue is that she recently got her name changed and only has the passport in the right name.

Has anyone dealt with this situation?

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I posted the question in the Mexico thread, but I'll post it here also, thanks

Does anyone know the timeline for PGP applicants, from when application was sent to Mexico LVO to when Police certificates or Medicals were requested?

Rock1973

May 20, 2016
Please advise,
How do I get PCC from India in 45 days,
My parents are here in Canada on Super Visa since last year, Currently no one lives in India

friday81

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
I think you can just go an apply to the BLS Office at Brampton or Toronto.
They will ask for your parents' passport and get you a PCC.

http://www.blsindia-canada.com/

Rock1973 said:
Please advise,
How do I get PCC from India in 45 days,
My parents are here in Canada on Super Visa since last year, Currently no one lives in India

MoRe

Jan 12, 2015
Hi,
I received PCC request for my mother and she did it. Now i am going to send a copy of PCC to CIC.
Could you please advise me how I can submit the PCC result to CIC? Can I do this by Email?
Thank you

reunion2017

Feb 15, 2017
Posting again just to see if there are any applicants from Hong Kong LVO.

Has anybody received passport request yet? Or at least has anybody started their background check already after medical exam?

My mother received request for medical exam and police clearance certificate in November 2016. She passed medical exam in the same month. However her background check has not been started yet...I understand the medical is only good for one year, so not sure what the timeline would be next.

I know there are quite a few applicants in HongKong that passed medicals back in June or July 2016. I would like to know if anybody has more updates on there.

scut3424

Nov 16, 2016
reunion2017 said:
Posting again just to see if there are any applicants from Hong Kong LVO.

I'm also from HK visa office and 2016 applicant.
My parent got medical request back on July 2016, but their medical has just been changed to Passed two days ago. Background check not started.

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tamilnadu said:
Hi Harnit,

• PSKs are Passport Seva Kendra in India
  • I think you typed your question inside quote for my message..you should type it outside otherwise other times people may not realize that you asked a question.
  • in case your parents are in Canada, I think you can get pcc from BSL...just search on internet or other people may be able to help
Thank you!! Really appreciate your response. My Dad is in India. I am still waiting for the medical and PCC request.

Regards,
Harnit

hogujak

Dec 18, 2015
I got a request for the medical and police report two weeks ago and once i send those reports(Ottawa) it will take 5~105 days until passport request... I didnt really expect that the process would be this quick. Of course I am really happy but my dad still works in his country.

Anybody has parents still work in their country and are not ready to move to Canada?

I am really happy and worried at the same time haha

IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MoRe said:
Hi,
I received PCC request for my mother and she did it. Now i am going to send a copy of PCC to CIC.
Could you please advise me how I can submit the PCC result to CIC? Can I do this by Email?
Thank you
There should be instructions in the email / letter from IRCC.
It should tell you how to submit the requested documents.

naveen73

Mar 10, 2012
adip19 said:
Naveen,

Can you give idea about what kind of additional doc were requested by NDVO on 29 Nov, I assume you sent whole bunch of doc to NDVO on 31 aug, which they requested to everbody.

Thanks!
They asked documents to prove the relationship between me and my mother. such as school certificates/Marriage cert etc.