+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
GS_Toronto said:
They have already attended the appointment at PSK, PCC was not issued right away. They were informed a police constable will be verifying submitted details and a PCC would be issued after that.

A timeframe was not provided on the whole process :( . Since there is a limitation on number of days PCC needs to be submitted, I was just curious to know if anyone else had similar experience.
I have the same problem before.. Just everything you can and not waste any time.. when the deadlines comes just email CIC together with all the documents you have to support that you are doing all you can to finished it on time and then ask for extension. They will surely say yes.. :D :D :D :D :D

Jan 9, 2015
Hi
My parents application status changed to "In progress" and its showing that they sent me a correspondence on Feb 10. But i have not received any email yet. Do i need to call CIC to confirm?

feelfreetoadviceme

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
naveen73 said:
Hi All,

Received email today to submit Passport and ECAS shows decision made. Also they asked me to submit passport to OTTAWA if the corresponding address is in Canada.

Application - 04-Jan-2016
AOR - 02-Feb-2016
NDVO Transfer - 24-Jun-2016
Doc Request (PCC/Medical) - 06-Jul-2016
All Docs Sent (PCC/FEES) - 31-Aug-2016
Additional Doc Request - 29-Nov-2016
Request to Send Passport - 13-Feb-2017

Thanks
Congrats!! If your parents are not in Canada, you have to send them a request to make arrangements to submit passports in Delhi (I guess they are from INDIA as per your timeline). The whole process of getting new request from them will take 8-10 days ( In my parents case). and then another 7-9 days to get the stamped passports back via bluedart courier. And That's it. Your parents will be Canadian Residents. :) :)

Ywcat

Jan 6, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-12-2016
Tajinder-Singh said:
Hi
My parents application status changed to "In progress" and its showing that they sent me a correspondence on Feb 10. But i have not received any email yet. Do i need to call CIC to confirm?

if you've linked myCIC, the request letter and Medical exam form should be there.

feelfreetoadviceme

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tajinder-Singh said:
Hi
Check MyCIC.

El1975

Dec 23, 2016
thecoolguysam said:
What do they check? Does it have to be 20/20 with the eye glasses or what?
I don't know exactly as they don't give you the results but my parents passed it easily. I don't think is to get worried about it unless there is something really concerning or seriously risking to become blind.

Garry1970

Jan 23, 2016
I received today an email request to submit passports for my dad and mom into Tel-Aviv LVO.
MyCIC shows "review in progress", ECAS shows "medical results have been received"
So happy!!!
Thanks you Rossei for the great job you're doing and all members in the forum. I will send you a donation.
God bless our parents

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Immigration Medical Exam (IME)

The IME consists of a medical history, physical examination, age-specific laboratory tests and age-specific chest x-ray.

Mandatory age-specific laboratory and radiologic tests include:
1. Urinalysis – clients ≥ 5 years
2. Chest x-ray – clients ≥ 11 years
3. Syphilis – clients ≥ 15 years
4. HIV – clients ≥ 15 years
For No. 1, 3 and 4, the doctor normally takes blood and ask for urine. But for No. 2; you will be referred to specific lab nearby.

The regular physical examination will include the following (but not limited to):
1. Full body checkup
- Ear/nose/throat/mouth
- Hearing
- Eyes (including fundoscopy) + Best distance visual acuity
- Cardiovascular system
- Respiratory system
- Nervous system
- Mental/cognitive/intellectual state
- Gastrointestinal system
- Musculoskeletal system
- Skin and lymph nodes
- Breast examination (for female patients)
2. Height/weight/BMI
3. Blood pressure
The physical exam may extend to relevant checks depending on medical questionnaire and past medical history.

Example of Additional Tests:
1. If diabetic, one may have to do diabetes blood test (12 hour fasting) on a separate day at a lab
2. If hypertensive (even if under control with medication), one may have to creatinine and/or further test at a lab
3. If issue/history with cardiovascular system, one may have to do rerum creatinine and/or further test at a lab
Note: Depending on past medical history and the physician's findings from IME, the physician can ask for further tests according to their handbook. After his report+lab results are provided to RMO (Regional Medical Office), the RMO can request furtherance on any findings (directly to patient or physician).

Ref:
1. Panel Members’ Handbook 2013
2. All medical forms
3. List of Immigration Medical Exam Instructions (IMEI)

I hope it helps with some confusion with IME.

ija1971

Jan 18, 2016
naveen73 said:
Hi All,

Received email today to submit Passport and ECAS shows decision made. Also they asked me to submit passport to OTTAWA if the corresponding address is in Canada.

Application - 04-Jan-2016
AOR - 02-Feb-2016
NDVO Transfer - 24-Jun-2016
Doc Request (PCC/Medical) - 06-Jul-2016
All Docs Sent (PCC/FEES) - 31-Aug-2016
Additional Doc Request - 29-Nov-2016
Request to Send Passport - 13-Feb-2017

Thanks
Congratulations....

Jan 9, 2015
Hi,

I received email on Feb 10 to submit PCC for my parents from india and pay RPRF fee. I have few questions:

1. I have not got any email about file transferring to NVDO (which i was hoping). Is that mean, my file will be process in Ottawa. Just to mention that my parents landed in canada on Feb 2,2017 on Supervisa.

2. My parents stayed in Canada in 2014 for 1.5 years. Should i need to get a PCC from here too? Because its not mentioned in the letter.

3. My parents only have passport as I.D proof. Do they need 2nd proof of I.D?