+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
I recall reading somewhere on CIC website that as long as you can provide a proof that you have provided for PCC, they will give you an extension. Just wait till the deadline and send them your appointment confirmation with a request to extend the deadline. Should work.

GS_Toronto said:
They have already attended the appointment at PSK, PCC was not issued right away. They were informed a police constable will be verifying submitted details and a PCC would be issued after that.

A timeframe was not provided on the whole process :( . Since there is a limitation on number of days PCC needs to be submitted, I was just curious to know if anyone else had similar experience.

IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bsz said:
There were applications that were first moved to LVO's other than Ottawa and later received an email that it was forwarded to Ottawa CPC.

My parents had such application and we haven't received any update afterward.

Has there been any improvement reported on such applications?

I am worried those applications are being forgotten or lost.
If it's moved to Ottawa, you will most likely be processed faster than other VOs.

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tamilnadu said:
Just to make sure that I don't misunderstand- Have you booked appointment with PSK, Or, have your parents already attended their appointment with PSK.

In most of the cases, PSK will issue the PCC right away (within 30 minutes). This requires that your current address that you fill in online appointment application is the same as your address mentioned in the passport. I have not come across any PCC from PSKs which mentions applicant's address on the PCC, hence, the address you choose to fill in the appointment form doesn't reflect on your PCC in any ways. Hint hint... :)

What is this PSK? It only applies if Parents are in Canada?

Harnit

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
Hi Harnit,

• PSKs are Passport Seva Kendra in India
  • I think you typed your question inside quote for my message..you should type it outside otherwise other times people may not realize that you asked a question.
  • in case your parents are in Canada, I think you can get pcc from BSL...just search on internet or other people may be able to help

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
bsz said:
There were applications that were first moved to LVO's other than Ottawa and later received an email that it was forwarded to Ottawa CPC.

My parents had such application and we haven't received any update afterward.

Has there been any improvement reported on such applications?

I am worried those applications are being forgotten or lost.
same case. See my timeline

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
thecoolguysam said:
Hello,

I have finally received SA. How long should I wait to expect the IME, PCC, RPRF, Passport Request etc?
Have patience. I am waiting since July for IME,PCC etc.checking email more than twice a day.

naveen73

Mar 10, 2012
Hi All,

I just checked ECAS and "Permanent Residence Application Status" shows as Descision Made but when checked in MYCIC still the same.

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress
Final decision Not Started

Does anybody had similar experience? My application is from NDVO

Thanks

ija1971

Jan 18, 2016
naveen73 said:
Hi All,

I just checked ECAS and "Permanent Residence Application Status" shows as Descision Made but when checked in MYCIC still the same.

Thanks
My understanding when they send the passport request only the ECAS will change to "Decision Made". Did you check your email? Otherwise we can expect the PPR within two,three days. Could you please let me know time line? (When medical completed/When background check started & LVO)

Thanks & Regards

TweetyBugs

Feb 6, 2016
Hello Rossei!

My mother-in-law traveled to Canada as a visitor only from May 2012-May 2013. To your knowledge, will IRCC also ask for the IMM 5562E to be completed as well?

Also, should we also expect IRCC to request a Criminal Record Check from her since she lived here before? If so, do you know if there is a faster way of getting this done?

Another thing, her e-cas status show Application Received. Do you think this means they have not entered her information on the system yet since I am still unable to link her application to MyCIC? I have attempted many many times and still unsuccessful. I did read your tips as well as the ones posted on CIC. Still no dice :(

Thank you very much for your time. :)

miryazdan

Nov 10, 2015
Hello,

I have been asked to submit IMM-5669 form from London Office for my parents. My question is that which version of the form should I use?

If I go to cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/sponsor-parents.asp link the form available is dated 01-2017

If I go to cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/ link the there is IMM 5669 form dated December 2012

Please help??

Regards,
miryazdan

IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
naveen73 said:
Hi All,

Thanks
MyCIC updates after a day or two.
So you should have something in MyCIC soon.

IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
miryazdan said:
Hello,

I have been asked to submit IMM-5669 form from London Office for my parents. My question is that which version of the form should I use?

If I go to cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/sponsor-parents.asp link the form available is dated 01-2017

If I go to cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/ link the there is IMM 5669 form dated December 2012

Please help??

Regards,
miryazdan

I would go with the latest one.
However, I just checked the forms under PGP Sponsorship ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/sponsor-parents.asp)and it lists the following.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/eIMM5669E.pdf

naveen73

Mar 10, 2012
Hi All,

Received email today to submit Passport and ECAS shows decision made. Also they asked me to submit passport to OTTAWA if the corresponding address is in Canada.

Application - 04-Jan-2016
AOR - 02-Feb-2016
NDVO Transfer - 24-Jun-2016
Doc Request (PCC/Medical) - 06-Jul-2016
All Docs Sent (PCC/FEES) - 31-Aug-2016
Additional Doc Request - 29-Nov-2016
Request to Send Passport - 13-Feb-2017

Thanks

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
TweetyBugs said:
Hello Rossei!

My mother-in-law traveled to Canada as a visitor only from May 2012-May 2013. To your knowledge, will IRCC also ask for the IMM 5562E to be completed as well?
Yes, they can.

Also, should we also expect IRCC to request a Criminal Record Check from her since she lived here before? If so, do you know if there is a faster way of getting this done?
Yes, the can ask for it. If your LVO were Ottawa, I would say "most likely NO"; but since it's outside Canada, the LVO can ask for it (less than 50% chance though). I don't know any faster way to obtain it unless you do it before the LVO asks.

Another thing, her e-cas status show Application Received. Do you think this means they have not entered her information on the system yet since I am still unable to link her application to MyCIC? I have attempted many many times and still unsuccessful. I did read your tips as well as the ones posted on CIC. Still no dice :(
No, it doesn't necessarily mean that your MIL's info haven't been entered into the system. You should keep on trying to link; most people got successful eventually.