+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

maulikpatel35

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
skekk said:
My parents got their passport request!!!!! No forms to complete btw!
My timeline for your reference (Quebec application).
Delivered Jan 4th with UPS
May 15th SA
Sept 15th request for medical, police certificates, fees and Quebec certificates.
Oct 15th everything provided except of Quebec certificate.
Dec 15th Quebec certificate provided
Jan 19th passports requested, no additional forms or questions
Did you got your parents passport back from Ottawa?
And how long it will take?
Thanks.

victoria345

Jul 11, 2016
Hi, My parents (INDIA) file has been sent to OTTAWA and they have got Police clearance certificate and medical request.
I have 2 questions.

1. How do they have to get police clearance from India : from police station or from passport office?

2. How should they send police clearance certificate via courier or via email to CPC-OTTAWA?

Please somebody help me out. Thank you!!

IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
victoria345 said:
Hi, My parents (INDIA) file has been sent to OTTAWA and they have got Police clearance certificate and medical request.
I have 2 questions.

1. How do they have to get police clearance from India : from police station or from passport office?

2. How should they send police clearance certificate via courier or via email to CPC-OTTAWA?

Congratulations!
1 ) If your parents are in India, Go to this website : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp
If they are in Canada, apply for PCC in BLS.
2) The email from IRCC should specify if you have to email them or mail the originals.

carling

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
Hi there- Your parents will need to get Police clearance from local police in city they are currently residing.

On the letter you will receive from IRCC, it would specify how you need to submit the report. On my letter they specified an email address where the report was need to be submitted. Read the letter for instructions.

Good luck,

victoria345 said:
I have 2 questions.

adip19

Sep 19, 2016
Following is not applicable to you; call them again and explain that child is not born to principal applicant but to sponsor. This is generic email that they are responding to everybody.

rg1234 said:
I have a new born in my family and informed CIC about via online and attached the birth certificate. CIC came back and asking for these information.

When you have a sponsorship application in process, a family member of the person being sponsored could be added at a later date, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to complete the following forms and mail them to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario. If the newly created family member is a child born in Canada, only the add-on request is required:

A new Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking form (IMM 1344) completed by the sponsor,
(If the application is still at the CPC in Mississauga) A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) with supporting documents,
(If you are adding a dependent child of a dependent child) A Financial Evaluation form (IMM 1283) with supporting documents,

And

The add-on request including:
your name,
your client ID number/UCI,
your file number,
a detailed letter of explanation,
a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
if applicable, the proof of payment.

Useful tips

Please ensure to write ADD-ON on the forms and on the envelope.
If you would like proof that your application was received, we suggest that you use registered mail with Canada Post or a courier service such as Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc.

I still haven't got the SA yet, app received on Jan 5 10:01 am.

Anyone experienced the same thing.

samuelhq

Nov 15, 2010
Its great to see movement! Hopefully we all reunite with our parents soon. I have 2 Questions for you guys.

1.In the PCC of my dad, His name is written as [His Name + My Grandfather's name]. It is the norm here in the UAE to include one's father's name in Official ID/Correspondence etc. I fear when we submit this PCC to CIC they will raise questions about the name not matching the application. He can submit his Passport Copy and/or Birth Certificate showing this is the case. But not sure if this will raise more questions. What do you think?

2. How to upload PCC/IME to MyCIC. I posted this before, but did not get a response earlier.
"..In MyCIC how is everyone uploading documents (PCC/IME/RPRF Confirmation etc)? After clicking "View Submitted Applications", I do not get an option to upload any document. All it says is, "There are no required documents for this Online Application."

I linked my Parents' application on MyCIC on Feb 6. However, I received PCC & IME request on Feb 3. Is that the reason for not being able to upload any documents?

Also, in my "Account Messages", I do not see any mention of the PCC/IME/RPRF Request...
"

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
El1975 said:
Hi Rossei.

Thank you for the update. However, I have sent the Police Certificate in September 23,2016 and the medical in September 21,2016 for my parent but no movement yet. It has been more than 103 days. Should I be concerned? Please advise. Thank you :)
There is still lot people who got IME/PCC requests in Aug-Sep-Oct time and haven't received PPR yet. According to the SS, Ottawa only started sending IME/PCC request to 2016 applicants in Aug of 2016.

So, you really don't need to worry yet. I'm hopeful that most applicants who got IME/PCC request during the last quarter of 2016 will get their PPR by Apr, 2017.

rg1234

Jan 24, 2014
adip19 said:
Following is not applicable to you; call them again and explain that child is not born to principal applicant but to sponsor. This is generic email that they are responding to everybody.
Thanks and much appreciated Adip

Loya1418

Nov 21, 2013
ija1971 said:
Congratulations...

How they sent PPR message? Through CIC account or separate email? Last month I got message from CIC for medical,Police certificate and RPRF. The issue is the email which they mentioned in the letter is not mine. So I requested through IRCC web form to change the email ID.But I didn't get any confirmation from them. Please advice..
Thanks. They sent PPR on principal applicant's email.

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
So happy to share that my Dad's file was approved yesterday and was sent to Ottawa for further processing. Will keep you all posted.

Any recent files sent to Ottawa? How long are they taking to request for Medical and PCC?

THank you,
Harnit

El1975

Dec 23, 2016
Rossei said:
There is still lot people who got IME/PCC requests in Aug-Sep-Oct time and haven't received PPR yet. According to the SS, Ottawa only started sending IME/PCC request to 2016 applicants in Aug of 2016.

So, you really don't need to worry yet. I'm hopeful that most applicants who got IME/PCC request during the last quarter of 2016 will get their PPR by Apr, 2017.
Thank you Rossei :)

friday81

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Hello,
Does anyone know which email is the PCC/Medical request sent to ? The sponsor's email or the principal applicant's email?

I just want to make sure I am checking the correct email.

Thanks!

IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
friday81 said:
Hello,
Does anyone know which email is the PCC/Medical request sent to ? The sponsor's email or the principal applicant's email?

I just want to make sure I am checking the correct email.

Thanks!
They send it to Principal applicant's email.
You should be monitoring the email address you provided on form IMM008 under Principal applicant's contact information.

dgpatel

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
06-07-2016
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2018
Can anyone tell me after how many days it showed Medical Received after medicals done in E-Cas or Medical Passed in MyCIC account? My parents completed their medical on 4 Feb 2017 but still no updates on E-Cas or MyCIC account.