+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Pamma97 said:
Well if they land now they can show everything can bring with them from money to jewelry etc. and it is permitted but if they go back and settle everything and then bring those things will be costumed. Also you know about the PR rules right?? they need to be in Canada for 2 years within five years to keep PR status. It is not continuous but within 5 years time at least 2 years they have to be in Canada. Just in case you don't know. As you said they will take some time to sale property and stuff.
Yes, I found that information earlier so they will move here within the next 2-3 years. I didn't think about a packing list since they are not moving this time..but I've just found out online that we need to bring the list this time and move everything here within a year for tax exemption. I guess we have to plan it in advance.

Thank you! :)

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SH Korea said:
Yes, I found that information earlier so they will move here within the next 2-3 years. I didn't think about a packing list since they are not moving this time..but I've just found out online that we need to bring the list this time and move everything here within a year for tax exemption. I guess we have to plan it in advance.

Thank you! :)
Umm....can you point me to more info about this? My parents will be landing in couple of months but they are not bringing anything major with them. We will still have the house back in my home country. Do they need to bring in any proof of funds or something?

jesa

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone have an Idea?

Processing time for CPC-Ottawa for Visa Stamping?

Please share..Thanks

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jesa said:
Anyone have an Idea?

Processing time for CPC-Ottawa for Visa Stamping?

Please share..Thanks
I think its anywhere between 3 and 193 days

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
LVO Ottawa folks,

Wondering if the background check started for any one during the last two weeks. Medical passed for us as of Jan 12 or 13.

El1975

Dec 23, 2016
tamilnadu said:
LVO Ottawa folks,

Wondering if the background check started for any one during the last two weeks. Medical passed for us as of Jan 12 or 13.
My parents have medical passed since end October 2016 and the BC check hasn't started yet. Just wondering what may have happened. Why is taking so long?

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
El1975 said:
My parents have medical passed since end October 2016 and the BC check hasn't started yet. Just wondering what may have happened. Why is taking so long?
Have you considered that maybe they lost your paperwork?

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
El1975 said:
I hope not. Do I need to contact them and ask?
I would.
They seem to be losing a lot of file after the Christmas break.
And don't let them "dance around the topic" either.
Ask them point-blank, "have you lost my paperwork"?

ztariq

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
PGPCLAN said:
Thank you

My mother is diabetic and hypertensive and father is hypertensive and there was no issue as my parents control as best as they can.
It could be a concern only if any of these diseases are not controlled and currently indicates systematic impact (i.e. organ damage etc.) that may result in higher treatment costs OR based on the medical profile they feel that in near future, if disease is uncontrolled, may result in organ failure and need extensive care or worst the organ transplantation.

Don't worry. As long as everything is under control limits, it should be fine.

PGPCLAN

Jan 10, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
El1975 said:
Don't loose hope. For me it was 3 months before the BC status changed to "IN PROGRESS" and passports are currently being stamped.

You will have your turn. All the best !

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
blueboy said:
Umm....can you point me to more info about this? My parents will be landing in couple of months but they are not bringing anything major with them. We will still have the house back in my home country. Do they need to bring in any proof of funds or something?
I've been researching to get some answers to many of my questions regarding my parents' landing because they are coming only temporarily now. All the websites I've been reading are in Korean.. It seems like when people come for landing, they have to bring not only COPR and passport but also "Packing List" of the moving items they ship from their home country and some kind of money wire receipt or a copy of bank balance to prove that they have certain amount of money for their first settling period. However, you may want to check more since this is general information for landing, not specific for parents we sponsor so parents may not necessarily have to have these when landing since we sponsor them or we may have to find good reasons for them not having these.

I'm still searching for more certain answers specifically for my parents..and hoping there is someone here who can give me advice..

El1975

Dec 23, 2016
PGPCLAN said:
Don't loose hope. For me it was 3 months before the BC status changed to "IN PROGRESS" and passports are currently being stamped.

You will have your turn. All the best !
Thank you and congratulations. I hope to hear from them soon. :)

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
I just received an email from CIC 30 minutes ago that there was an update on MyCIC.
I logged in and finally saw that the background check is completed and the final decision says "This application has been approved". The application is closed now.
I checked to see if COPR has been issued with tracking IDs from the VFS office, but it still says "it is being processed at Manila office". Maybe the update is being delayed since it's a lunar new year weekend in Korea. Once my parents get COPR paper, I'll update you guys with more info.

Thank you so much everyone here for all the great help and information. I truly hope that everyone whose application is still in the process hears good news real soon!!!

Have a great weekend!

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SH Korea said:
I've been researching to get some answers to many of my questions regarding my parents' landing because they are coming only temporarily now. All the websites I've been reading are in Korean.. It seems like when people come for landing, they have to bring not only COPR and passport but also "Packing List" of the moving items they ship from their home country and some kind of money wire receipt or a copy of bank balance to prove that they have certain amount of money for their first settling period. However, you may want to check more since this is general information for landing, not specific for parents we sponsor so parents may not necessarily have to have these when landing since we sponsor them or we may have to find good reasons for them not having these.

I'm still searching for more certain answers specifically for my parents..and hoping there is someone here who can give me advice..
Alright. I think the proof of funds is not for PGP. Like you said we sponsor the parents and we have already sent the proof that we can support them. But, I will dig around a bit and see if I can find anything else. Thanks.

jeffporfirio1 said:
I would.
They seem to be losing a lot of file after the Christmas break.
And don't let them "dance around the topic" either.
Ask them point-blank, "have you lost my paperwork"?
Please tell me you are just trolling :D