Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
July 2010
Dear All,

Today we have received visa stamped Passports and COPR via VFS for my mom and dad. Thank you very much for all your help, support, and valuable inputs. I will update 2016 excel spreadsheet with my info.

Wishing and hoping that all those who are waiting receive good news soon.

Thanks.

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
poison said:
Dear All,

Today we have received visa stamped Passports and COPR via VFS for my mom and dad. Thank you very much for all your help, support, and valuable inputs. I will update 2016 excel spreadsheet with my info.

Thanks.
Wow congratulations, Poison!!! :)

How long did it take you to get it after sending your passports? Oh, and when does the visa expire? I'm wondering how much time they give us.
Our VFS office received my parents' documents yesterday. I'm waiting for a tracking number from the VFS office.

poison

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
July 2010
SH Korea said:
Wow congratulations, Poison!!! :)

How long did it take you to get it after sending your passports? Oh, and when does the visa expire? I'm wondering how much time they give us.
Our VFS office received my parents' documents yesterday. I'm waiting for a tracking number from the VFS office.
Thank you. It took about 2 weeks from sending to receiving passports. Visa expiry date is 15-Nov-2017, i guess one year from date CIC received Medicals.

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
poison said:
Dear All,

Thanks.
Congratulations for geting visa stamped.All the best for your happy life in Canada

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
poison said:
Thank you. It took about 2 weeks from sending to receiving passports. Visa expiry date is 15-Nov-2017, i guess one year from date CIC received Medicals.
Good to know! Thank you for the info!

Again, congratulations!

feelfreetoadviceme

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tamilnadu said:
Many congratulations...i think you just need to send an email saying that your parents are india and you will like to submit passport to new delhi office...they will then send you instructions etc..

Btw when did background check start in your case?
Thanks. For BC I don't know the exact date because just before going on vacations on 24 Dec when I checked it was not there but when I came back on Jan 09 MyCIC was showing BC in Progress. So some where between 24 Dec to 09 Jan.

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
feelfreetoadviceme said:
Dear XXXXX,

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION

If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via email CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca.

· Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;
· Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;
· Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;
· You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

STEP 2: DETERMINE IF YOU NEED TO SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT(S)

· Determine if you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada, by checking this website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas-all.asp.

· If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child. Please note that you STILL need to submit the passport even if:

o You have a valid Canadian temporary residence visa.
o You are a permanent resident of the U.S.A AND holder of passport from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada.

· If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or a holder of passport(s) from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your original passport(s). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months.
Please note that these instructions apply to passport holders from Mexico as well, who, as of December 1, 2016 , do not require a visa to enter Canada.

***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

1. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.

2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

3. One pre-paid return envelope so that we can return your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents. See Step 4 for instructions regarding the return envelope.

4. The completed and signed Annex A listing your current mailing address.

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

· If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.

· If you have a mailing address in Canada:
- The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.

· If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:
- The Self-Addressed pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

COMPLETE ANNEX A FOUND AT THE END OF THIS DOCUMENT AND SUBMIT IT WITH YOUR DOCUMENTS.

Regards,

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Government of Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

This is what they send today. I am not sure about step 4. Do they have to send their passport to Ottawa or VFS New Delhi?
Congratulations
when did you submit your PCC and Medicals?

feelfreetoadviceme

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kilamans said:
Congratulations
when did you submit your PCC and Medicals?
Thanks!!!
Medical was done in last week of Oct and they received on 03 Nov while there was an issue with PCC and they wanted me to upload it again which I did on 11 Nov through MyCIC.

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
feelfreetoadviceme said:
Thanks!!!
Medical was done in last week of Oct and they received on 03 Nov while there was an issue with PCC and they wanted me to upload it again which I did on 11 Nov through MyCIC.
thank you for the reply
almost 45 days to change the BC status from 'Not Started' to 'In Progress'

feelfreetoadviceme

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kilamans said:
thank you
so it almost 45 days to change the BC status from 'Not Started' to 'In Progress'
Ya You can say that. As I mentioned earlier the status changed somewhere between 24 Dec to 09 Jan I can not tell the exact date.

PGPCLAN

Jan 10, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
poison said:
Dear All,

Thanks.
Congratulations and wish you all a very happy life in Canada !!!!

PGPCLAN

Jan 10, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
feelfreetoadviceme said:
Ya You can say that. As I mentioned earlier the status changed somewhere between 24 Dec to 09 Jan I can not tell the exact date.
Congratulations and wish you all the best for passport submission !!!

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
Could you please also tell if the status of 'required additional documents' in MyCIC changed from 'provided' to 'received' at any time? Is there any way to find out that the RRPF that we sent by email has been attached to our file or not? Thanks!

feelfreetoadviceme said:
Thanks!!!

feelfreetoadviceme

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tamilnadu said:
Could you please also tell if the status of 'required additional documents' in MyCIC changed from 'provided' to 'received' at any time? Is there any way to find out that the RRPF that we sent by email has been attached to our file or not? Thanks!
It is still "provided".