+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

PGPCLAN

Jan 10, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rus66958 said:
Ottawa has tons of application so they might be slow to react ... from others time line it looks like it will take two months from PCC/Medical request to PPR.
I think when it comes to BC, timelines are based on how quickly the information is provided back to CIC from various agencies performing checks. For most of the applicants it is 2-3 months. For some it could be 6 months to as long as year based on what I read online. Worst case scenario I have read online is 3.5 years. Again not to discourage anyone but prepare for the worst.

Many other lucky applicants were able to pass this stage within 2 months on this forum indicates that CIC is trying their best and their efforts are truly appreciable - just as my personal view. I am sure everyone appreciates.

My timeline is also close to 4 months now in BC stage.

irinako

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Purolator 9:43 batch here:
- my parents got the request for medicals and police certificate today
Visa Office - Ottawa.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
irinako said:
Purolator 9:43 batch here:
- my parents got the request for medicals and police certificate today
Visa Office - Ottawa.
Now this is the best news I have heard in a while. Thanks for sharing!

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
PGPCLAN said:
In my opinion, personal history and travel records are two different things. Personal history form is basically to get information of the applicant whereabouts during last 10 years. It doesn't serve purpose of providing travel history.

I don't think you need to show short term travels (less than three months) either and especially when the country visited is Canada. I have read on this forum that in past CIC has requested travel history forms as required.

Travel history is associated to the passport number and can easily be retrieved as this information is shared between countries.

GCMS is global case management system, which is used by CIC to process files. It can be ordered online with small fee. You will be able to se the status in higher detail compared to ECAS / myCIC.

I don't think you need to worry as BC is significantly bigger and could be time consuming stage and is affected by various factors such as country, applicants name, how the information is shared between countries, countries visited etc. This is based on what I have read online on different websites and forums.
Thank you so much! I'm relieved.. I'm going to call CIC just to confirm my status. Thanks again! :)

chinita01

Jan 11, 2017
friday81 said:
I was facing the same issue until I tried to enter the number of applicants on the file as 4 ( 2 for my parents(sponsored applicant and dependent) and 2 for sponsors( my wife and I). The next time I tried, I was able to link the app.

Also, I created the CIC login for the principal applicant and not for the sponsor.

Hope that helps!.
Thank you so much friday81. It was a big help. Done linking my mom's application. :)

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
rus66958 said:
visa office is Ottawa. I have access to both Ecas and mycic.
Review of eligibility: review in progress.
Review of Submitted documents : Provided.
Background check: Not started

I am not sure why the submitted documents is not changing to received as I have submitted the day they have asked for it. I paid the RPRF today don't know whether this has slowed some work or not.
That will never show "Received". If medical report has been forwarded to CIC, MyCIC will show "Medical Passed" and/or E-CAS will show "Medical Received". This is pretty much the summary of CIC telling you that they received what they asked for (IME+PCC+RPRF). You can now only keep an eye for your BG change into "Started", "In-Progress", "Complete".

chinita01

Jan 11, 2017
KitsuneDream said:
Nope, they're in the Philippines. According to the email from CIC, the letter was just sent by mistake and our file was transferred to Ottawa instead.
Ohhh. I see. Thank you.

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
Thanks Rossei!

One last question on this topic. Does Mycic send an email notification that medical results status has changed to "Passed", or do we have to manually check it every now and then.

Thanks again!

Rossei said:
That will never show "Received". If medical report has been forwarded to CIC, MyCIC will show "Medical Passed" and/or E-CAS will show "Medical Received". This is pretty much the summary of CIC telling you that they received what they asked for (IME+PCC+RPRF). You can now only keep an eye for your BG change into "Started", "In-Progress", "Complete".

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
tamilnadu said:
Thanks Rossei!

One last question on this topic. Does Mycic send an email notification that medical results status has changed to "Passed", or do we have to manually check it every now and then.

Thanks again!
It may/may not generate an automated email notifying you that there has been a change in your application. Ideally, it should. However, it won't say specifically what changed. Basically, you need to check MyCIC once a day or every 2 days.

singhraminder

Jan 5, 2015
Rossei said:

Hi Rossei

Not sure why its taking long but my Mom Dad's PCC/Medical and RPRF was send Mid august and status changed to Medical Received Early September.
Since then i am waiting for any change. This is so far what is in my CIC login

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not Started
Final decision Not Started

Just to add i am from Quebec and sent them the CSQ via email(They did not ask but sent them)
Not sure what should i do.

Thanks
Raminder

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
Thank you Rossei!

Rossei said:
It may/may not generate an automated email notifying you that there has been a change in your application. Ideally, it should. However, it won't say specifically what changed. Basically, you need to check MyCIC once a day or every 2 days.

rus66958

Star Member
Sep 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
06-12-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2013
LANDED..........
11-12-2013
tamilnadu said:
Thanks!! Yes, I heard that ecas sometimes be unreliable. Especially, if you login using your (sponsor) info, it only shows permanent residents info updates up to "we started processing on ...." (I guess due to privacy). Any further updates (e.g. medical etc. ), one needs to login using parents' info. But still it could be less reliable.

I wish you and your parents good luck and hopefully you will have PPR very soon. Now I guess your wait for background check begins? Good luck! :)
My parent's ecas has changed today and it is saying medical received. I guess ecas lags by a day or two.

IRCC2016

Jan 12, 2017
Hello, I am new here and have a question about this. Parent's birth certificate.
I noticed the IRCC check list, "if you sponsor your parents of your parents, you should submit your parent's birth certificate". My case is I just sponsor my parents only. so I did not submit any birth certificate for my parents. here, we have passed IME, submitted all other requested documents and fees. Now someone says my LOV will asks the parents birth cert as an additional documents. .... anyone knows about this please help? Thanks a lot

EFAHIM

Dec 6, 2014
rus66958 said:
My parent's ecas has changed today and it is saying medical received. I guess ecas lags by a day or two.
Hi Rossei,
I'm Purolator 9:43 batch. I have received letter in July 2016 that my file has been transferring to Ottawa for processing, since than haven't received any response. is this normal to my batch of application. Not sure what to do to move my application process forward at my end?

Thank you in advance!

Fahim

EFAHIM

Dec 6, 2014
KitsuneDream said:
We are from Purolator 9:43 a.m. batch too and received SA in August and app was transferred to Ottawa. We haven't heard from them since then. I guess there's nothing much to worry.
KitsuneDream
we are both in 9:43 Purolator batch. Have you received any information after SA in august? I haven't got any information after my file had been transferred to Ottawa.

Thanks,
EFAHIM