Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
random hero said:
Rossei,

Do you know how much time it takes Ottawa to stamp visa on passport for pgp for parents who are currently in Canada ?
Usually, it takes 2 weeks for CPC-O to process it. Add another week for regular shipping.

axen0001

Jan 22, 2016
kilamans said:
not sure why the super experts did not reply
in medical exam for CIC, chest xray is taken, not sure whether the cancer part will be shown in that.
since you are saying that doctors has promised that it will be 100% success, go for the CIC medical test after the cancer surgery is done, when is good to go ... but then the question is do you have that much time?

so share more details to discuss in detail or if you got some thought/clarity with my reply, then proceed with that.
I receive everything on December 5 and they gave me 30 days. Yesterday I submitted a form to LVO with an explanation.

Thanks so much for the reply.

axen0001

Jan 22, 2016
Rossei said:
Sorry to hear that. I wish that she recovers fully from the surgery.

However I didn't understand if she was diagnosed with cancer during IME or regular check-up. If she still hasn't gone through her IME; let her do the surgery. The problem is how much time you got left with as you already received instructions to do IME. Besides, she would need some time after surgery to go and do IME with a PP. In that case, you can ask for more time from LVO or contact a PP and ask for his/her suggestions on your matter.

Diagnosed with cancer doesn't mean that you won't pass medical. If it was caught during IME, RMO/PP would perhaps suggest the same thing - do the surgery. Now, you need to let CIC (LVO) know that your mom is going through a surgery and hence it will delay her IME.

Good luck!
Hi,
It was a regular check-up.
I have time till January 5, but I submitted a form with an explanation to our LVO, yesterday. Hopefully they answer me ASAP with a time extension.

Thanks for the reply and the support

rizwanahmed

Aug 28, 2012
Hi zTariq,

We are on same boat :). No reply form London Visa Office . I already send photographs. I correspond to London Visa Office via Web form and waiting for their reply. Usually it will take 28 days, but at this time they not replied yet over a month.

One of my friend is same 2016 batch and London Visa Office asked medical and other documents. That's the update i have.

Hop for the best :)

ztariq said:
Hi Simp,

Actually when I saw that message on ECAS I copy pasted it here on this forum. There were about 3 members who replied back saying that their visa office is London as well and they received the same message on their ECAS around same time (near July 15th). However in their case they received an email from London Visa office to submit the photographs.
One of the members shared his email from London Visa office which outlined the specifications of photograph and mailing address for London Visa office and that is where we sent the photos.
At the same time I called CIC and they told me since the application is already at London Visa office there is nothing they can do from Canada. They even dont have any access to the mails or correspondence London Visa office would have sent us. The CIC agent suggested me to contact London Visa office via web form.
On October 31st I sent out the request to London Visa office asking them to please re-send us the correspondence as we have not received it yet. Until this date we have not heard back from them.
Mid November I called CIC again and asked them if they can some how what correspondence was sent and I was told again the same story that they can not access anything from London Visa Office. He said my best bet is to just wait for them to reply back to me.
Another month has passed after that 2nd call and still nothing from London Visa Office ..... not sure what to do.

Any suggestions from you or other members?
I have heard something about the GMS notes, what is that? you think that would have any information?

Also, please note that ECAS show status of Application Received and MyCIC has no message on it. It just says Medical not required at this time.

Thank you,

Z

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
I see some folks here whose case is in London VO. Anyone from LVO or any other visa office have an idea how long it takes after medicals for them to start and complete background check and request passports? Our case is from 2015 batch and waiting.

delhiwala

Nov 3, 2016
Hi folks,
Planning to sponsor my parents next year (if I am invited in the lottery process in 2017). I have one question. My dad retired from the Indian foreign service, and during his career of over 30 years, he was posted in Indian missions in various countries.

Will he be asked to provide a police clearance certificate (PCC) for each country where he lived? If so, it will be a very daunting task as it is extremely difficult to get PCC from some of those countries.

The background declaration only asks for information in the last 10 years or since 18th birthday, whichever is recent. He is now 70 years old. Since he retired from service more than 10 years ago, do we need to provide personal history going back more than 10 years?

canpuneet

Feb 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2009
Doc's Request.
05-03-2009
AOR Received.
20-02-2009
File Transfer...
05-03-2009
Med's Request
18-03-2010
Med's Done....
05-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2010 PP Sent 13-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2010
LANDED..........
01-10-2010
Hi all,
After medicals were done for my parents in August, I received a request from NDVO to submit PCC and foreign travel form. In the form, I detailed foreign travel for my parents with a couple of stays for more than 6 months in Canada.
My question is, will the NDVO now ask me for PCC for Canada too? Should I apply for RCMP clearance right now to save time later?

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canpuneet said:
Hi all,
After medicals were done for my parents in August, I received a request from NDVO to submit PCC and foreign travel form. In the form, I detailed foreign travel for my parents with a couple of stays for more than 6 months in Canada.
My question is, will the NDVO now ask me for PCC for Canada too? Should I apply for RCMP clearance right now to save time later?
If name hits close to criminal. Then fingreprinting become mandatary. Else they will or should not ask for 6 months more stay in canada related PCC.

Senior

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2012
AOR Received.
Aug 30, 2012
@Tariq, Simp and Rizwan

My parents' file was sent to London visa office and they received their medical, police certificate and RPRF fees request early this month.

Tariq, we also received an email in July to submit photographs so your guess is pretty much accurate.

lili2013

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I just received an email for MEDICAL and Police clearance. My parents are in Canada visiting me right now. They got their police clearance one day before leaving home country less than 6 months ago. Anyone knows if we have to get a new police clearance from home country or the one that we have is good?

Please let me know.
Thanks

canpuneet

Feb 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2009
Doc's Request.
05-03-2009
AOR Received.
20-02-2009
File Transfer...
05-03-2009
Med's Request
18-03-2010
Med's Done....
05-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2010 PP Sent 13-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2010
LANDED..........
01-10-2010
jhutti said:
If name hits close to criminal. Then fingreprinting become mandatary. Else they will or should not ask for 6 months more stay in canada related PCC.
Lol... I hope not :eek:
Thanks for the clarification!

blurryface236

Jan 4, 2016
lili2013 said:
Hello Everyone,

I just received an email for MEDICAL and Police clearance. My parents are in Canada visiting me right now. They got their police clearance one day before leaving home country less than 6 months ago. Anyone knows if we have to get a new police clearance from home country or the one that we have is good?

Please let me know.
Thanks

If i was you i'd get a new one

Unless you can find a written proof somewhere that tells you that your PCC is valid for more than 6 Months

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the update.

Well i have not received any communication from LVO since sponsorship approval in July.How do we know that any communication has been sent ? if it is updated on my CIC account or ecas staus ?

Simp

Senior said:
@Tariq, Simp and Rizwan

My parents' file was sent to London visa office and they received their medical, police certificate and RPRF fees request early this month.

Tariq, we also received an email in July to submit photographs so your guess is pretty much accurate.

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it ll be a bit early for GMS notes but may be if we dont hear anything by next month we can enquire about.

Furthermore when i check the ecas staus by putting application number and parents detail it just says application recieved jan 5.

When i go to his My CIC account it says

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not Started
Final decision Not Started

Is this the same when you check the status.

Did you send the photographs to them ?

S

ztariq said:
Hi Simp,

Actually when I saw that message on ECAS I copy pasted it here on this forum. There were about 3 members who replied back saying that their visa office is London as well and they received the same message on their ECAS around same time (near July 15th). However in their case they received an email from London Visa office to submit the photographs.
One of the members shared his email from London Visa office which outlined the specifications of photograph and mailing address for London Visa office and that is where we sent the photos.
At the same time I called CIC and they told me since the application is already at London Visa office there is nothing they can do from Canada. They even dont have any access to the mails or correspondence London Visa office would have sent us. The CIC agent suggested me to contact London Visa office via web form.
On October 31st I sent out the request to London Visa office asking them to please re-send us the correspondence as we have not received it yet. Until this date we have not heard back from them.
Mid November I called CIC again and asked them if they can some how what correspondence was sent and I was told again the same story that they can not access anything from London Visa Office. He said my best bet is to just wait for them to reply back to me.
Another month has passed after that 2nd call and still nothing from London Visa Office ..... not sure what to do.

Any suggestions from you or other members?
I have heard something about the GMS notes, what is that? you think that would have any information?

Also, please note that ECAS show status of Application Received and MyCIC has no message on it. It just says Medical not required at this time.

Thank you,

Z

lili2013

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Hello everyone,

Quebec applicants, CIC asked for my CSQ other than the medical and pcc. I know there is an email address for pcc and medical. But I don't know if there is an email for sending CSQ to CIC. Also, other than the email address do you know where I can upload the documents in my application?