+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
avi_15 said:
the instructions given by CIC are wrong...even for Punjab the PCC is issue by passport office.. my parents got the same and it was accepted by CIC
Do you guys know about Maharashtra?

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
deadbird said:
Do you guys know about Maharashtra?
to all indians

go to this site http://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink

if your city or state falls in the drop down list, follow the instructions in this site, else contact your passport office enquiry desk

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
avi_15 said:
the instructions given by CIC are wrong...even for Punjab the PCC is issue by passport office.. my parents got the same and it was accepted by CIC
Really? Ah...Getting it from passport office would have been so easy for my parents since we can apply online. Anyways, it was easy to get it from local police station too. :D

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
blueboy said:
Really? Ah...Getting it from passport office would have been so easy for my parents since we can apply online. Anyways, it was easy to get it from local police station too. :D
if you were able to get one and accepted by CIC, all good, but its not the same process for everyone...

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
blueboy said:
I believe you still have to book an appointment and go with your original documents.

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
dbss said:
I believe you still have to book an appointment and go with your original documents.
correct.. you have the take appointment online for passport office..my parents went to Ludhiana. I don't think the one from a local police station would suffice.

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good to know this. Anyways, I have already submitted PCC & medicals. CIC Call center confirmed they have received it.

Btw, does anyone has a feeling that all these applications with medicals and PCC submitted....are all going to get PPR at the same time :p. CIC seems to be processing things in bulk. I am expecting to get a PPR in January by looking at the usual timelines. Though, I have just submitted a CSE informing about a newborn in the family. Let's see if that affects the processing time.

skekk

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In case if someone from Quebec is reading:
I got my QSC by mail on Dec 12th (application received on Sept 1st).
The funny thing is that on Dec 7th I received a letter from Immigration Quebec telling that my file had been opened and that I can ignore the expiry date that CIC gave me for QSC (and that CIC is aware of delays for QSC processing).

Anon2016

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
elenka2 said:
One more question. This might have been discussed before. Please point me to the previous discussion then. Thank you very much!!!

One of my parents (dependent on the application) started doubting about the idea to immigrate to Canada and refuses to continue with medical examination and getting police certificate. Is is still possible to proceed and get PR visa for at least one other parent (main applicant) or it is not possible?

Thank you for all your answers. I am looking forward to your advices!
Have they considered that if they change their mind again in the future and want come to Canada they will need to start the whole process again (after currently already overcoming the major hurdle of getting the application accepted within the annual cap)?

Mkulvi

Nov 22, 2016
Roya-FSW said:
Hi All,
I was a 2016 PGP applicant. I did not receive the SA and last week I finally withdrew my application. They sent back my application in couple of days.
I'm going to apply again in Jn 2017.
For those who have not received SA yet like me, I believe there should be sth wrong with your application and it's not random at all.
They might reject your application early next year and then it would be too late
How can you withdraw your application

random hero

Star Member
Jul 6, 2016
hello

finally i got ppr an hour ago

medicals requested 23 aug and submitted a week later,

LVO - Beirut, i have to admit background check was the longest part as my mother traveled a lot and stayed for over 6 months in multiple countries.

i live in quebec and passport will be sent to ottawa as my mother is here in Canada at the moment.

how long its taking Ottawa nowadays to stamp visa and send back ?

random hero

Star Member
Jul 6, 2016
Mrs Hassan said:
Has anyone seen this for Jan 2017?
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1168889&_ga=1.143848947.73151714.1479335453
oh lord !

making it harder and harder ! thank god im not there anymore and my app made it to the 2016 cap and got finalized today!