+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

julieann0918

Dec 7, 2016
Amarpreetd said:
since dependent age changed to 22 from 19....how will it effect applications already in process.....even with the approved applications i guess once parents are here on pr status they can sponser their kids left behind under age 22....just curious....i don't have any family member left behind
which family class changed the dependent TO 22 from 19? is it the parent sponsorship?

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Just a quick question. This is for one of my friends. She asked me if the income table for sponsorship eligibility is gross income or net income. I told her it is gross income (before deducting income tax, etc.). Is the income table showing gross income or net income?

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
SH Korea said:
Just a quick question. This is for one of my friends. She asked me if the income table for sponsorship eligibility is gross income or net income. I told her it is gross income (before deducting income tax, etc.). Is the income table showing gross income or net income?
gross income before tax etc

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
julieann0918 said:
which family class changed the dependent TO 22 from 19? is it the parent sponsorship?
once cic changed dependent child age 19 to 22 it will apply to all kind of application......thats will be updated in new application once cic upload 2017 package

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
julieann0918 said:
Did anyone here had an issue where one parent is in canada while the other is back home? Which visa office application was sent to?
there is no way to know 100 % sure but i guess if principal applicant is in canada then more chance that visa office will be ottawa....just my 2 cent

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
elenka2 said:
I tried to update the spreadsheet but if i did it wrong, here are our dates:
Nickname: elenka
16-07-07 Sponsorship Eligibility Decision
16-12-07 Medical Forms and Police Cert request
What's your visa office? If you're unsure, it's the office where you received your medical/PCC request from.

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LCanada said:
Dear all

The status of my application is "In Process" since June 15, 2016.

For some reason, I can't link the application. I created the key under my mom's name and I have been using her application number and last name (since I don't have her UCI).

I followed all the possible combinations and sent an email to CIC, but to response yet. Is there a specific status that my application needs to be in order for me to be able to link the application? Is it only after we get the email asking for the Police certificates and Medical exam?

I saw some people saying that the status os "background check in progress". Can you see this status if the application is not linked?

Thank you all!
I have the same issue. Cannot believe how complicated and stupid they made this application. Have been trying since April. None of the combinations working.

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
Amarpreetd said:
there is no way to know 100 % sure but i guess if principal applicant is in canada then more chance that visa office will be ottawa....just my 2 cent
my parents came to canada on supervisa and went back in 3 months in 2015, as per the application and their current residence is india, so their LVO should be delhi not ottawa, still my application went to ottawa...

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
harnit2010 said:
I have the same issue. Cannot believe how complicated and stupid they made this application. Have been trying since April. None of the combinations working.
One couldn't link PGP Application to MyCIC back in April. PGP was only introduced in online account in June/July of this year.

Anyway, this may help you in case you never read it:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tips-on-linking-pgp-app-to-mycic-account-t449670.0.html

canpuneet

Feb 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2009
Doc's Request.
05-03-2009
AOR Received.
20-02-2009
File Transfer...
05-03-2009
Med's Request
18-03-2010
Med's Done....
05-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2010 PP Sent 13-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2010
LANDED..........
01-10-2010
canpuneet said:
Hi all,
Me and my friend both applied for our parents sponsorship and the visa office is NDVO. He received an email recently for PCC and so did I:

- In his email, CIC requested for PCC while in my email CIC requested for PCC signed by the "superintendent of police"? Why this difference? My parents are currently in Canada and I have applied for PCC through BLS, I am hoping that will suffice?

- In his email he was also requested to send passport size photographs but I wasn't. I am thinking about sending the pics for my parents (along with the PCC and Foreign travel history form that they have requested) even though they haven't asked for it. This might save a step later in the process- any thoughts?

- He was requested for a number of additional documents to prove relationship birth certificate, sponsors' old passport copies with address, secondary and senior secondary certificates- but I wasn't. This is just FYI for all of you.
Anyone on #1?

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canpuneet said:
Anyone on #1?
Are your parents living in Punjab? If yes then they need the PCC to be signed by local SP.

Here is from the CIC site:
For residents of Punjab: You can apply to your local Senior Superintendent of Police, or the senior ranking police official at the police station in your District.

For residents of other states: You can apply at your local District Police Station.

For residents of Delhi: You can apply at your local District Police Station or online on the Delhi Police website or on the Passport India website. The Web site will list what information and documents you need. If you apply online, your certificate will be returned to you electronically.

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
blueboy said:
Are your parents living in Punjab? If yes then they need the PCC to be signed by local SP.

For residents of Punjab: You can apply to your local Senior Superintendent of Police, or the senior ranking police official at the police station in your District.

For residents of other states: You can apply at your local District Police Station.

For residents of Delhi: You can apply at your local District Police Station or online on the Delhi Police website or on the Passport India website. The Web site will list what information and documents you need. If you apply online, your certificate will be returned to you electronically.
From Tamil Nadu, its thru passport seva kendra, dont waste time in going to police station, if you are address is verified recently upto 2 years (in my mom's case), you will get the pcc, in 15 mins on the appointment day. in my dad's case, when the address was updated, police verification was not done, so his file went to Superint.. office and then came to local police station, he had to go and sign the document, and then it was sent to superin.. and then to passport office where we had our initial appointment.

so friends, please do it as per the respective state... not as per CIC site, CIC's information will suite for Canada but not for all over the world, especially not for india!!! ;D :)

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
blueboy said:

the instructions given by CIC are wrong...even for Punjab the PCC is issue by passport office.. my parents got the same and it was accepted by CIC