+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

jeffporfirio

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Mkulvi said:
I was about to apply for my parents for 2017 PGP but For 2013 the minimum bracket is 63200 something , and my income is 62,720 just short of $500 to meet the requirement Sad so sad I cant apply just because of one year income gap. Is there anyway I can give them that five hundred lolz
Don't waste time or effort.
Wait until 2018, and hope, and pray, that they don't pause or suspend the process then.
Don't go asking CRA to audit your returns, unless you are absolutely positive that your income was higher, or that there was an error, don't mess with the CRA.

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
Mkulvi said:
I was about to apply for my parents for 2017 PGP but For 2013 the minimum bracket is 63200 something , and my income is 62,720 just short of $500 to meet the requirement Sad so sad I cant apply just because of one year income gap. Is there anyway I can give them that five hundred lolz
where did you get the "63200 something" from ?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
cpu0079 said:
I emailed PCC around October 20... I didn't checked the status after PCC or Medical submission. Passport request email came on December 8.

Here is my timeline:
Application submitted: 4 January 2016
Acceptance confirmation: July/August 2016
PCC/Medical request: September 30 2016
Medical done: October 5 2016
PCC submitted through email: October 20 2016
Passport request: December 8 2016

I didn't check ecas much, so can't comment on it.

@Rossei, could you please update this information too?

Thanks
I already did. ;)

BTW, congrats!!!

LCanada

Nov 29, 2016
bender said:
Hi folks, how long do I need to wait after mycic status becomes approved and completed?

My parents submitted passports to Canadian embassy, but yesterday the status became approved, but we still didn't receive the passports back. How long do we still have to wait?
Hi - did you have your application linked in the myCIC? Or Did you wait to get emails from CIC asking for the Medical exam and police certificates?

RNJ

Jan 4, 2016
I am not a tax expert. talk to an accountant. I gave you a clue only, does not mean I have done it or advised anyone else to do it. All I am saying is, it's possible. Find your way by talking to an accountant. and you have no time left, get out of the forum and go do the work necessary to proceed with your application.

You can do it.

Mkulvi said:

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
cpu0079 said:
Hi all,

Today I have received below passport request email. It's only 1 email and it's addressing only to my dad. They have not mentioned anywhere my mom's UCI #, name etc.

My query is:
Do we need to send passports of both parents?
Did someone get the same passport request email as me while sponsoring mom+dad?
Can you share your email if it's different than mine?

Thank you so much in advance.

----------------- email content here -----------------------------
Primary Office: CPC-Ottawa

Date: December 8, 2016

UCI: XXXXXXXX
*XXXXXXXX*
Application: XXXXXXXX
*XXXXXXXX*

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Email: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX@XXXXXCOM

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require:

1) Passports
VFS is our trusted partner for safe and secure passport transmission. Using VFS services is the only way to submit your passport. Contact VFS in India (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india) or in Nepal (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nepal) and pay the requisite fees for the Passport Transmission Services . A separate envelope is required for each passport.

Please take this letter and present it to VFS for the purchase of the secure Passport Transmission Service. VFS will send your passport to the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi in a secure envelope. You will then be advised by VFS when your passport has been returned and is ready to be picked up.

Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.
There must be at least two blank pages in each passport.
We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport. Your passport must be valid for at least six months.

2) Photographs
Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent. For instructions on photo requirements and specifications, see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

3) Change in Circumstances
Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this office immediately:
· Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, annulment or death;
· Death of applicant, dependant of sponsor/assisting relative;
· Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);
· Change in health;
· The laying of criminal charges or conviction for a criminal offence;
· A change in availability of funds for use in Canada;
· Change of address or phone number
4) Submitting your passport(s) in Canada (CPC-O)

If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.
You are required to send your document(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address with the additional following document:
· A self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post.
Purchase your prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspost envelope (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.

Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.

Make a note of tracking numbers for each envelope.

Enclose this envelope along with your documents and a copy of this letter.

You can purchase a Canada Post shipping label on line at:

http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp

Please note that the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier than a pre-paid self-addressed Expresspost envelope.

Submit all documents in a single package and send it to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

NOTE: Your passports and photos must be received by the visa office in New Delhi within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to comply with this request could result in the refusal of your application. Please include a copy of this letter along with your submission.
Congratulations!!

elenka2

Mar 12, 2016
I tried to update the spreadsheet but if i did it wrong, here are our dates:
Nickname: elenka
16-07-07 Sponsorship Eligibility Decision
16-12-07 Medical Forms and Police Cert request

elenka2

Mar 12, 2016
One more question. This might have been discussed before. Please point me to the previous discussion then. Thank you very much!!!

One of my parents (dependent on the application) started doubting about the idea to immigrate to Canada and refuses to continue with medical examination and getting police certificate. Is is still possible to proceed and get PR visa for at least one other parent (main applicant) or it is not possible?

Thank you for all your answers. I am looking forward to your advices!

canadatryingguy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2009
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
09-11-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - 24-11-2016 & AOR 2 - 19-12-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-09-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
14-05-2017
Dear Group,

I am kind of little confused and looking for some help.

I want to apply for my parents' PR application in early January 2017. I, recently, applied for my wife's PR application and SA step has been approved. So, it means that I have a total (including me) 4 parties i.e. myself, wife, mom and dad.

My salary history -

2015 - CAD 108,000 (got married in April 2015)
2014 - CAD 42,000
2013 - USD 104,000
April 2011 - I did my 'landing' in Canada but permanently moved to Canada at the end of Nov 2013.

So, how should I proceed for counting 'Income for sponsor for parents'?

Question 1 - Should i count 4 (including me) dependent for all the three years even though I got married in 2015?
Question 2 - In 2013, I was not in Canada till the very end of the year. Can I count the income from USA?
Question 3 - Am I even eligible to apply as 2014 income is lesser than threshold for 2014?

Many thanks in advance.

Phil

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
canadatryingguy said:
Dear Group,

I am kind of little confused and looking for some help.

I want to apply for my parents' PR application in early January 2017. I, recently, applied for my wife's PR application and SA step has been approved. So, it means that I have a total (including me) 4 parties i.e. myself, wife, mom and dad.

My salary history -

2015 - CAD 108,000 (got married in April 2015)
2014 - CAD 42,000
2013 - USD 104,000
April 2011 - I did my 'landing' in Canada but permanently moved to Canada at the end of Nov 2013.

So, how should I proceed for counting 'Income for sponsor for parents'?

Question 1 - Should i count 4 (including me) dependent for all the three years even though I got married in 2015?
Question 2 - In 2013, I was not in Canada till the very end of the year. Can I count the income from USA?
Question 3 - Am I even eligible to apply as 2014 income is lesser than threshold for 2014?

Many thanks in advance.

Phil
unfortunately based on the information you provided you won't be able to sponser your parents till 2019

canadatryingguy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2009
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
09-11-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - 24-11-2016 & AOR 2 - 19-12-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-09-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
14-05-2017
This is so unfair because my 2016 salary is going to be only CAD 40,000. My salary fluctuates based on employment availability and contract availability which fluctuates with business cycle.

Is there any way around it?

Many thanks.

Amarpreetd said:
unfortunately based on the information you provided you won't be able to sponser your parents till 2019

julieann0918

Dec 7, 2016
Caspareva said:
Good morning, I was rejected as sponsor of my parents because of lower income than needed in 2013 (I was hoping they would assess based on my Gross Income, not net, but they didn't). Anyway, I applied in January 2016 and received notification about this decision in October. My mom passed away suddenly this year, so we have updated CIC and it will be only my dad now. As I marked the checkbox to continue with the process even if I wasn't approved as sponsor, his file has been forwarded to the LVO (Local Visa Office) in his home country for it to be assessed. The LVO has asked us to provide some additional documents, which we're delivering shortly. My question is, what are the chances for my dad to get the residence on his own considering he's 71 but has enough income? They haven't asked for proof of his income though. Should I still send proof of his income even if they're not asking for it? Any advice or thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!
So sorry about your mom :(

just wondering when you check the "if not approved as a sponsor", did you send additional undertaking of assistance?

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
canadatryingguy said:
This is so unfair because my 2016 salary is going to be only CAD 40,000. My salary fluctuates based on employment availability and contract availability which fluctuates with business cycle.

Is there any way around it?

Many thanks.
unfortunately no, you have to meet income requirements for 3 consecutive years, any year that your income fell below the threshold reset the clock by 4 years (3 years income plus 1 year to receive 3 notice of assessment as tax document available in May but application close 1st week of Jan)