+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

bickyii

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
Bobby82 said:
As you got married in 2016, so your family size is 4 now so you have to show suffiecient income for 4 persons from 2013 onwards.
Your family size of 4 will only be considered from 2016 onwards, you need to meet income requirement of 3 people for 2013, 2014 and 4 for 2016. When you fill up the income evaluation form you put number of members for each year. So do not wait until next year, you are completely eligible to apply.

Bobby82

May 25, 2016
bickyii said:
Your family size of 4 will only be considered from 2016 onwards, you need to meet income requirement of 3 people for 2013, 2014 and 4 for 2016. When you fill up the income evaluation form you put number of members for each year. So do not wait until next year, you are completely eligible to apply.
As per my under standing whatever the current family members a person is having.... he has to show sufficient income for all of them for previous 3 years, so doesnt matter if your family size was 3 in 2013 and 4 in 2014 and 2015, as of now if your family size is 4 so you need to show enough income for 4 people for all 3 years. After applying lets say if you have any addition in your family in 2017 or 2018 then from 2017/2018 onwards you need to show enough income for 5 family members.

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
kilamans said:
each visit has to be 6 months in any country canada or usa, other than your native country.
in your case it does not apply because they were less than 6 months

my parents were in supervisa prior to PR application, and there visit was only 3 months
So you mean this question is asking about if each visit is over 6 months, not the total of all visit?
Did your parents visit Canada multiple times?

cpu0079

Jul 15, 2008
Hi all,

Today I have received below passport request email. It's only 1 email and it's addressing only to my dad. They have not mentioned anywhere my mom's UCI #, name etc.

My query is:
Do we need to send passports of both parents?
Did someone get the same passport request email as me while sponsoring mom+dad?
Can you share your email if it's different than mine?

Thank you so much in advance.

----------------- email content here -----------------------------
Primary Office: CPC-Ottawa

Date: December 8, 2016

UCI: XXXXXXXX
*XXXXXXXX*
Application: XXXXXXXX
*XXXXXXXX*

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Email: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX@XXXXXCOM

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require:

1) Passports
VFS is our trusted partner for safe and secure passport transmission. Using VFS services is the only way to submit your passport. Contact VFS in India (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india) or in Nepal (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nepal) and pay the requisite fees for the Passport Transmission Services . A separate envelope is required for each passport.

Please take this letter and present it to VFS for the purchase of the secure Passport Transmission Service. VFS will send your passport to the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi in a secure envelope. You will then be advised by VFS when your passport has been returned and is ready to be picked up.

Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.
There must be at least two blank pages in each passport.
We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport. Your passport must be valid for at least six months.

2) Photographs
Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent. For instructions on photo requirements and specifications, see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

3) Change in Circumstances
Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this office immediately:
· Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, annulment or death;
· Death of applicant, dependant of sponsor/assisting relative;
· Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);
· Change in health;
· The laying of criminal charges or conviction for a criminal offence;
· A change in availability of funds for use in Canada;
· Change of address or phone number
4) Submitting your passport(s) in Canada (CPC-O)

If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.
You are required to send your document(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address with the additional following document:
· A self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post.
Purchase your prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspost envelope (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.

Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.

Make a note of tracking numbers for each envelope.

Enclose this envelope along with your documents and a copy of this letter.

You can purchase a Canada Post shipping label on line at:

http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp

Please note that the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier than a pre-paid self-addressed Expresspost envelope.

Submit all documents in a single package and send it to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

NOTE: Your passports and photos must be received by the visa office in New Delhi within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to comply with this request could result in the refusal of your application. Please include a copy of this letter along with your submission.

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
cpu0079 said:
Hi all,

Today I have received below passport request email. It's only 1 email and it's addressing only to my dad. They have not mentioned anywhere my mom's UCI #, name etc.

My query is:

*XXXXXXXX*
*XXXXXXXX*

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require:

1) Passports
VFS is our trusted partner for safe and secure passport transmission. Using VFS services is the only way to submit your passport. Contact VFS in India (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india) or in Nepal (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nepal) and pay the requisite fees for the Passport Transmission Services . A separate envelope is required for each passport.

Please take this letter and present it to VFS for the purchase of the secure Passport Transmission Service. VFS will send your passport to the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi in a secure envelope. You will then be advised by VFS when your passport has been returned and is ready to be picked up.

Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.
We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport. Your passport must be valid for at least six months.

2) Photographs
Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent. For instructions on photo requirements and specifications, see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this office immediately:
· Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, annulment or death;
· Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);
· Change in health;

If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.
You are required to send your document(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address with the additional following document:
Purchase your prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspost envelope (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.

Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.

Please note that the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier than a pre-paid self-addressed Expresspost envelope.

CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

NOTE: Your passports and photos must be received by the visa office in New Delhi within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to comply with this request could result in the refusal of your application. Please include a copy of this letter along with your submission.
congratulations...
yes its passport request for both parents....addressed only to principal applicant......so submit both passports....we recived same latter.....nothing to worry

cpu0079

Jul 15, 2008
Amarpreetd said:
congratulations...
yes its passport request for both parents....addressed only to principal applicant......so submit both passports....we recived same latter.....nothing to worry
Thank you Amarpreet for your response. Congratulations to you too!

tweetyishere

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Request
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
03-11-2016
congrats cpu0079 :)

Daniala

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Congrats, cpu0079.

Could you please let us know from when your "Background Check" was "In Progress" in MyCIC?

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
cpu0079 said:
Hi all,

My query is:

*XXXXXXXX*
*XXXXXXXX*

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:

1) Passports

2) Photographs

· Change in health;

CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

Hey could you please share

when was PCC emailed to CIC
when did the Background check changed from 'not started' to 'In Progress'
and after how many days you received your email for passport submission

thanks

canpuneet

Feb 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2009
Doc's Request.
05-03-2009
AOR Received.
20-02-2009
File Transfer...
05-03-2009
Med's Request
18-03-2010
Med's Done....
05-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2010 PP Sent 13-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2010
LANDED..........
01-10-2010
Hi all,
Me and my friend both applied for our parents sponsorship and the visa office is NDVO. He received an email recently for PCC and so did I:

- In his email, CIC requested for PCC while in my email CIC requested for PCC signed by the "superintendent of police"? Why this difference? My parents are currently in Canada and I have applied for PCC through BLS, I am hoping that will suffice?

- In his email he was also requested to send passport size photographs but I wasn't. I am thinking about sending the pics for my parents (along with the PCC and Foreign travel history form that they have requested) even though they haven't asked for it. This might save a step later in the process- any thoughts?

- He was requested for a number of additional documents to prove relationship birth certificate, sponsors' old passport copies with address, secondary and senior secondary certificates- but I wasn't. This is just FYI for all of you.

Jan 5, 2016
cpu0079 said:
Hi all,

My query is:

*XXXXXXXX*
*XXXXXXXX*

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:

1) Passports

2) Photographs

· Change in health;

CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

congratulations, may i ask how long your background check is? thanks very much

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Congrats!!

As there are many applicants whose file have been transferred to NDVO, it would be great if you could provide us dates regarding
- Medicals/PCC received
- If there was any change in status on Ecas/Mycic. If yes, please let us know date
- The date you got the PPR
- If there was a change in status on Ecas/My cic before/after getting the PPR. If yes, please let us know the date

Thanks in advance.

cpu0079 said:
Hi all,

cpu0079

Jul 15, 2008
kilamans said:
Hey could you please share

when was PCC emailed to CIC
when did the Background check changed from 'not started' to 'In Progress'
and after how many days you received your email for passport submission

thanks
I emailed PCC around October 20... I didn't checked the status about submission. Passport request email came on December 8.

cpu0079

Jul 15, 2008
I emailed PCC around October 20... I didn't checked the status after PCC or Medical submission. Passport request email came on December 8.

Here is my timeline:
Application submitted: 4 January 2016
Acceptance confirmation: July/August 2016
PCC/Medical request: September 30 2016
Medical done: October 5 2016
PCC submitted through email: October 20 2016
Passport request: December 8 2016

I didn't check ecas much, so can't comment on it.

@Rossei, could you please update this information too?

Thanks

Felixo said:
Congrats!!

As there are many applicants whose file have been transferred to NDVO, it would be great if you could provide us dates regarding
- Medicals/PCC received
- If there was any change in status on Ecas/Mycic. If yes, please let us know date
- The date you got the PPR
- If there was a change in status on Ecas/My cic before/after getting the PPR. If yes, please let us know the date

Thanks in advance.

cpu0079 said:
Hi all,

Mkulvi

Nov 22, 2016
I was about to apply for my parents for 2017 PGP but For 2013 the minimum bracket is 63200 something , and my income is 62,720 just short of $500 to meet the requirement Sad so sad I cant apply just because of one year income gap. Is there anyway I can give them that five hundred lolz