+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

rkurtur

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
_MK_ said:
I would advise against not having your wife as cosigner. If you do, you would have to justify it and saying you alone can pass the minimum threshold is not usually enough.
It is expected that if you are married, you would be cosigning as you live in the same household.

Different case if you separated or if there is any other unique reason.

I alone made more than enough income to sponsor both my parents but I still had my wife as a cosigner.
As for family size, it will be 3 for you. It doesnt matter whether you wife is depending on your income or not.

It is the size of household + number of person you are planning to sponsor + anyone you might have sponsored before.

Thanks Mk,

My wife doesn't have notice of assessments as well as employment history in Canada as she works for minimum wage and also it is continuous work. She goes for work for a week and another week she sits at home :) so dont know whether to add her as co-signer. She is new to Canada. She came last year and we both Got PR this year under express entry (I was main applicant and he was dependent)

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Any update from London visa office ? is there any file moved after sponsorship approval ?

Thnaks

S

Bobby82

May 25, 2016
jaskaranjeet said:
Hi Everyone, i want to sponsor my parents on Jan 2017. I have some confusion for my eligibility for sponsorhip.
I have sponsorship application for my wife in procress as of June 2016, is that a problem for my application for parents in Jan 2017?

I have put 4 in total number of persons for determining the eligibility for sponsorship which includes My self, my wife and my mother and father OIs that right?

So according to the family size I guess the minimum required income is 58768
My income for last 3 year is as follows
2015------>80131
2014------>73000
2013------>53000
am i still eligible to apply

My Family Size For 2013 was 3 people as i was not married, Am i still not eligible for application

Now as I got married in Feb 2016, my family size will it be 3 for 2015,2014 and 2013?
Thanks for help guys

As you got married in 2016, so your family size is 4 now so you have to show suffiecient income for 4 persons from 2013 onwards.

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
For IMM0008 Question 12 it asks: During the past five years, have you lived in any country other than your country of citizenship for more than 6 month?

If my parent visit Canada three times in the past 5 years, and lived here three months each time. Does this question mean for any single time, if they had lived here for 6 consecutive months, or does it mean if the total time they spent here (adding up for the three visits) are over 6 months?

Thanks!

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
SMA.DE said:
For IMM0008 Question 12 it asks: During the past five years, have you lived in any country other than your country of citizenship for more than 6 month?

If my parent visit Canada three times in the past 5 years, and lived here three months each time. Does this question means if for any single time, they had lived here for 6 consecutive months, or does it mean the total time they spent here (for the three visits) are over 6 months?

Thanks!
each visit has to be 6 months in any country canada or usa, other than your native country.
in your case it does not apply because they were less than 6 months

my parents were in supervisa prior to PR application, and there visit was only 3 months

bender

Jun 16, 2016
Hi folks, how long do I need to wait after mycic status becomes approved and completed?

My parents submitted passports to Canadian embassy, but yesterday the status became approved, but we still didn't receive the passports back. How long do we still have to wait?

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
since dependent age changed to 22 from 19....how will it effect applications already in process.....even with the approved applications i guess once parents are here on pr status they can sponser their kids left behind under age 22....just curious....i don't have any family member left behind

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
the background check in the CIC my account changed to" in progress" today

Caspareva

Jul 4, 2012
Good morning, I was rejected as sponsor of my parents because of lower income than needed in 2013 (I was hoping they would assess based on my Gross Income, not net, but they didn't). Anyway, I applied in January 2016 and received notification about this decision in October. My mom passed away suddenly this year, so we have updated CIC and it will be only my dad now. As I marked the checkbox to continue with the process even if I wasn't approved as sponsor, his file has been forwarded to the LVO (Local Visa Office) in his home country for it to be assessed. The LVO has asked us to provide some additional documents, which we're delivering shortly. My question is, what are the chances for my dad to get the residence on his own considering he's 71 but has enough income? They haven't asked for proof of his income though. Should I still send proof of his income even if they're not asking for it? Any advice or thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

rkurtur

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can some advise which option we need to select for first question on IMM1344E.

IF you are found in eligible to sponsor indicate whether you want to.

with draw your sponsership? or proceed with application?

What is the difference? if not eligible to sponser how can they proceed with application? which option is being selected by every one?

Thanks in advance

Caspareva

Jul 4, 2012
rkurtur said:
Can some advise which option we need to select for first question on IMM1344E.

IF you are found in eligible to sponsor indicate whether you want to.

with draw your sponsership? or proceed with application?

What is the difference? if not eligible to sponser how can they proceed with application? which option is being selected by every one?

Thanks in advance

-----

If you choose proceed with application, if you're not accepted as sponsor, the sponsored person's application will continue to be processed and assessed based on their merits. If their application is rejected after that assessment you may (or may not) have the right to appeal. If you choose withdraw from sponsorship, the application process ends there and there's no right to appeal. I chose "Proceed with Application".

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
avi_15 said:
the background check in the CIC my account changed to" in progress" today
could you please share more details as when the
PCC was done?
and when was it emailed to CIC?

so it gives a time frame of how many days later, the status got changed

as i sent the pcc on 21st Nov, still no change in the status

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Caspareva said:
Good morning, I was rejected as sponsor of my parents because of lower income than needed in 2013 (I was hoping they would assess based on my Gross Income, not net, but they didn't). Anyway, I applied in January 2016 and received notification about this decision in October. My mom passed away suddenly this year, so we have updated CIC and it will be only my dad now. As I marked the checkbox to continue with the process even if I wasn't approved as sponsor, his file has been forwarded to the LVO (Local Visa Office) in his home country for it to be assessed. The LVO has asked us to provide some additional documents, which we're delivering shortly. My question is, what are the chances for my dad to get the residence on his own considering he's 71 but has enough income? They haven't asked for proof of his income though. Should I still send proof of his income even if they're not asking for it? Any advice or thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!
Sorry to know about your mother.

What was the minimum that you have showed for 2013 and what basis did they reject?

tucosword

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
Still all quiet after the encouraging flurry of activity from NDVO in June...
It must have been a false dawn.
I wonder if someone complained that 2016 applicants were being processed and so they stopped with this batch.

Has anyone being processed by NDVO moved past the medical/PCC/RPRF stage to an actual COPR????

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
Caspareva said:
-----

If you choose proceed with application, if you're not accepted as sponsor, the sponsored person's application will continue to be processed and assessed based on their merits. If their application is rejected after that assessment you may (or may not) have the right to appeal. If you choose withdraw from sponsorship, the application process ends there and there's no right to appeal. I chose "Proceed with Application".

I would choose cancel application , so you get your money back , find the reason why you being declined and apply again ... on their instructions it said that option is more for humanitarian reasosnz. I don't think you want to appeal something if u know you won't get ... longer process to get an appeal ...

That's my opinion