+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Luda345 said:
And I have just received an email from CIC confirming the reception of PCCs and RPRF :D.
Did you ask the CIC rep to send you the confirmation email?

I received an email from CIC a few days after I sent PCCs and RPRF saying "The information you provided has been updated in our system."

Is yours something different from this?

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
SH Korea said:
Did you ask the CIC rep to send you the confirmation email?

I received an email from CIC a few days after I sent PCCs and RPRF saying "The information you provided has been updated in our system."

Is yours something different from this?
There was no updates in MyCIC so I sent a request to CIC using their webform asking to confirm the reception.

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Luda345 said:
There was no updates in MyCIC so I sent a request to CIC using their webform asking to confirm the reception.
Oh I see... I didn't know about that option. Maybe I should try it.. Thank you for the info! :)

Jan 5, 2016
blueboy said:
Hi,

I submitted the PCC for my parents on November 7th. When I check MyCIC, under 'Review Submitted Documents' it shows empty. Medical says passed though. Do I need to contact CIC to confirm if they have received PCC or this is fine?
did you link your cic account after received the PCC request? if so you won't see the upload button inside, it happened to my friend too.

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
242088 said:
did you link your cic account after received the PCC request? if so you won't see the upload button inside, it happened to my friend too.
Oh, I linked my account after getting the request for PCC too. This might be the reason why there is no upload button and rows in "submitted application" are blank.

BQM

Dec 31, 2015
Borys said:
Thanks BQM! Much appreciated.

So just to clarify - can you please elaborate on why you suggest Case 1b? Case 1a seems to me to be safer choice, as in it will already have my fathers (#1), mothers (#2) IMM5406, and mine (#3) too. If for some reason the #3 does not apply, they will just discard it I think, and work with the #1 and #2 (same as Case 1a). Or is there any risk with that approach?

About the Case 2b, I got it now. The "Applicant" on this form does not ONLY mean "Principal Applicant". Instead it can mean the Principal Applicant", or his/her "Spouse", depending on who among them is signing the form. Did I put it correctly?
Case 1b is the correct way and that's how I filled my forms.

Case 2b Yes u r right.

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
242088 said:
Ah I see. Yeah I linked my account after submitting PCC.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
For those of us who are still waiting to see some movement (stuck at SA/application received/etc), I think we will see progress next year and not before. Based on the spreadsheet, it seems most of the applications that were sent by local couriers have been processed (IME/PCC stage at least). Of the big delivery companies, Purolator is the worst so far with almost no one seeing any progress unless your application was transferred to outside Ottawa. Fedex seems to be have been quite reliable. At least it doesnt look like they lied on the timestamp.

I think CIC/IRCC allocated the 20k spots for 2016 to all open applications which includes all the new 2016 apps and all 2015/14. This is why we saw a lot of 2016 applications going to completion even though there were 2014/15 applications were still in flight. For example, may be they decided they will process 10k individuals from 2016 applications in 2016 and 3k and 4k for 2014/15 remaining applications and 3k for all other cases. I am just making up numbers here to illustrate my point.

For 2016, they will likely do something similar where they allocate 10k for 2016, 8k for 2017 and 2k for the remaining backlog. Whatever they do, there is no doubt that the PGP backlog has been streamlined and the process accelerated by quite a bit compared to the last few years.

For 2017 applicants, avoid Purolator and try to use local GTA couriers if you can.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
_MK_ said:
For those of us who are still waiting to see some movement (stuck at SA/application received/etc), I think we will see progress next year and not before. Based on the spreadsheet, it seems most of the applications that were sent by local couriers have been processed (IME/PCC stage at least). Of the big delivery companies, Purolator is the worst so far with almost no one seeing any progress unless your application was transferred to outside Ottawa. Fedex seems to be have been quite reliable. At least it doesnt look like they lied on the timestamp.

I think CIC/IRCC allocated the 20k spots for 2016 to all open applications which includes all the new 2016 apps and all 2015/14. This is why we saw a lot of 2016 applications going to completion even though there were 2014/15 applications were still in flight. For example, may be they decided they will process 10k individuals from 2016 applications in 2016 and 3k and 4k for 2014/15 remaining applications and 3k for all other cases. I am just making up numbers here to illustrate my point.

For 2016, they will likely do something similar where they allocate 10k for 2016, 8k for 2017 and 2k for the remaining backlog. Whatever they do, there is no doubt that the PGP backlog has been streamlined and the process accelerated by quite a bit compared to the last few years.

For 2017 applicants, avoid Purolator and try to use local GTA couriers if you can.
dude , 20k you are probably referring to visa allocations spots. That 20k spots get filled by 10 k applications( assume average of mum & dad for each application)
so backlog will start increase again.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
canadian_legend said:
To Rossie and all the Greats Here :)

LVO: London - UK
1- I have been asked to send PCC, Copy of passport for my Mom and dad and my Birth Certificate, my question is, can I upload all these documents in PDF format using my CIC account?
Didn't the mail/email mention how to send the docs back to LVO? Follow their instructions. If nothing has been mentioned, email London-VO with attachments (use the webform). As a backup, you can upload the required docs on to MyCIC; but this shouldn't be your first choice.

2- Do these copies need to be certified /attested?
If any of the docs is not in English/French; you need to translate them with a certified translator.

3- Do I also have to mail the original PCC to London Visa office as the e-commination says "original", if yes, can anyone confirm the mailing address fro London LVO please?
CPC-O accepts "original" PCC as a scanned copy with email attachment (not sure about London-VO). If your LVO asked for the docs to be sent via email, you don't have to mail them.

3- Seems like our medical center in Pakistan does not have e-medical, so will they send the documents to LVO?
If none of PP in Pakistan is e-Medical enabled; then they would forward the medical report to RMO. It's their responsibility. Make sure you get the IME confirmation from them. Also keep in touch with them re: when they actually send the report.

Contacting London-VO via webform: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/london.asp

London-VO Street Address:
High Commission of Canada
Canada House
Trafalgar Square
London SW1Y 5BJ

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
JL2015 said:
Hi guys,

Just wanted to update my timeline not sure if I am in database
2016 January 4 application
2016 June 28 transfer to Hong Kong
2016 July 8 received additional documents and upfront medical requests
2016 July 26 medical reports submit by doctor
2016 September submitted baby birth certificate born in July 2016
2016 nov 18 online status showed medical passed

So what's next? I haven't submitted 2015 tax yet? Should I do so or should I wait for Hong Kong office instruction?

thank you!
You're in the SS and I updated your info.

If your 2012, 2013 & 2014 NOA covers the increased family size (due to the birth of your child); then you may not be asked to provide 2015 NOA. But in case they ask, you keep it in hand.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
jhutti said:
dude , 20k you are probably referring to visa allocations spots. That 20k spots get filled by 10 k applications( assume average of mum & dad for each application)
so backlog will start increase again.
If you read my post, you will see that I did mean 20k individuals and not 20k applications.
Regardless my point still stands that the process is much faster. with 10k applications intake and processing of 20k individuals each year, it will average out to 1.5 year processing or faster in the long run.

10k applications is somewhere around 18k individuals (extrapolated from 2015 data where 5k applications translated to 9k persons).

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
_MK_ said:

One of the forum members is from the 1st batch and still haven't received SA. My parents LVO is New Delhi and there is still no SA.

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
thecoolguysam said:
One of the forum members is from the 1st batch and still haven't received SA. My parents LVO is New Delhi and there is still no SA.
i might be wrong but as per my understanding if your case is transfered to delhi that is only possible if sponsership is approved already.....