Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
bickyii said:
I want to apply PR for my parents in 2017 but I am short $1700 from my 2013 Income. One of my friend was suggesting that its a short amount and If my lawyer or myself explain it nicely the application can be considered as I work with University and have stable and comparatively more income in 2014,15,16.
Is it worth trying that?
Rule is Rule and you cannot apply if you are even short by cents that's the bottom line.. if you still go ahead and apply then you will be wasting time, money and energy.

Pamma97

Aug 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
ajcanada said:
Hi guys
I have few questions , pls help me
I m going to apply pgp, Jan 2017 , I met income level 2013-14-15 but my question is
- do u need to maintain our LICO.,, I mean Even after applying , what if next years
Income level goes down.

- does maternity leave befits, counts toward ur income ?? Or it has to be deduct
From it imcome ( if yes than I won't be able to apply)

- do we need both parents birth certificate ( what's the alternate)

- Do we need parents marriage certificate ?
Will appreciate ur answers
You will have to maintain your income so that if IRCC ask for the proof in future you should be able to prove your income is enough to sponsor.

I don't have idea about maternity leave income so i'll pass that.

You need your birth certificate not your parents unless it is asked for.

And yes you will need marriage certificate of your parents to prove that they are married.

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Pamma97 said:
You will have to maintain your income so that if IRCC ask for the proof in future you should be able to prove your income is enough to sponsor.

I don't have idea about maternity leave income so i'll pass that.

You need your birth certificate not your parents unless it is asked for.

And yes you will need marriage certificate of your parents to prove that they are married.
maternity leave benefits are considered income...

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
SH Korea said:
I was going to upload PCCs again online using MyCIC since it is still showing "We need additional documents' and the due is today.
Now, when I click "View submitted application", it goes to an error page and not the page with upload buttons any more.
I don't know if it's going to show up again today. What if it doesn't show up any more and I can't upload files again..
I shouldn't have waited to today...-.- or I hope this means there will be some updates soon....

Does anyone have any idea? I called the CIC call centre several times but no luck to get a hold of anyone...
What I did: I sent the request to CIC through their webform asking if they got PCCs and RPRF and I attached PCCs scans and RPRF receipt to the request. But I haven't got any reply yet (sent 10 days ago).

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
bickyii said:
I want to apply PR for my parents in 2017 but I am short $1700 from my 2013 Income. One of my friend was suggesting that its a short amount and If my lawyer or myself explain it nicely the application can be considered as I work with University and have stable and comparatively more income in 2014,15,16.
Is it worth trying that?
Don't waste your time.
My friend was less that $100 short and her application was rejected after 2.5 years of waiting.

Borys

Nov 4, 2016
BQM said:
QUESTION 1: Case 1b

QUESTION 2. IMM 5406 Additional Family Information both of your parents needs to complete this form separately.

Case 2b is correct for your father your info in Section B, and Section C for his siblings.
Your mother will complete the same form she will write her name on applicant you fathers name on spouse and than her parents details. your info in Section B, and Section C for her siblings.

QUESTION 3: City/Country Toronto/ Canada

QUESTION 4 : Marital Status : Not applicable Present address: Write City/Country and date of death Deceased Toronto (Canada) 1990-01-01 (if don't know the exact date just write year)

QUESTION 5. When you check "No" for first question it will disable the second question.
Thanks BQM! Much appreciated.

So just to clarify - can you please elaborate on why you suggest Case 1b? Case 1a seems to me to be safer choice, as in it will already have my fathers (#1), mothers (#2) IMM5406, and mine (#3) too. If for some reason the #3 does not apply, they will just discard it I think, and work with the #1 and #2 (same as Case 1a). Or is there any risk with that approach?

About the Case 2b, I got it now. The "Applicant" on this form does not ONLY mean "Principal Applicant". Instead it can mean the Principal Applicant", or his/her "Spouse", depending on who among them is signing the form. Did I put it correctly?

Mesohilo

Jan 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
File Transfer...
29-06-2016
Re: important question - please help

jaski said:
LOL ! thats a joke, CIC cannot do that. my family size at time of application is 3 and i do meet the required for 2013,2014 and 2015 for three people. Then again i am getting married in February which is after the applications and everything is submitted. If they decided to reject my application saying that my family size changed in 2017 which makes no sense at all. I cannot add my spouse because she's in not in Canada. I will take them to court since there is nothing on the website that says that income requirement must meet the expected possible family size you can have till this application is processed. It is calculated on yearly basis for a reason. I will give it a try and I will challenge their decision in court because they cannot create their own rules unless they are mention legally.
I do not see a reassessment as unfair. You have to understand that CIC cannot predict the future. The best they can do is to use historical data, assuming you will maintain your income level, to determine your eligibility. You are signing an undertaking saying you will financially support your parents. By adding a spouse you are adding 1 more head to the mix. You have to show you have the means to support ALL of them.

scell

Jan 31, 2011
canadian_legend said:
ATTN: London Applicants:
Today I received an e-communication requesting:
1. PCC
2. Medical
3. Copy of passport
4. Residence fee and
5. Proof of relationship.
They asked us to establish the parent / child relationship as both my father and myself don't have birth certificate nor our births were registered.
Can anyone help me what should I do? I did provide an affidavit with the original application from my dad, but I guess they are not accepting that as proof.
All have 60 days limit except medical which shud be done in 30 days from today.

Date of App: Jan 04, 2016
Applied for: Mom & Dad
LOV: London UK
Congrats! May I ask what do you mean by e-communication? They emailed you or your parents? Or was the request made on CIC?

Also, when I was applying for my PR, I had mentioned about my uncle living in Canada. They asked me to submit my uncle's and my dad's birth certificate to prove the relationship. My uncle didn't have his birth certificate so I submitted his passport and citizenship card and wrote a letter explaining the relationship and got the letter notarized and it worked! I am not an expert but I think if you submit some official documentation indicating your father's name and birth date and same for yours and submitting a notarized letter, you should be fine. Also, as someone suggested getting a family verification from NADRA seems like a good idea.

All the best!

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
I'm trying to upload PCC to MyCIC. It's asking me for document number and expiry date. I entered the issue no. of the document for document number but there's no expiry date on the document. What should I put?

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SH Korea said:
I'm trying to upload PCC to MyCIC. It's asking me for document number and expiry date. I entered the issue no. of the document for document number but there's no expiry date on the document. What should I put?
Usually PCCs are valid for a certain time period. For eg: 3 months, 1 year etc. You should check how long is the PCC valid for and then you can enter the expiry date accordingly.

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
blueboy said:
Usually PCCs are valid for a certain time period. For eg: 3 months, 1 year etc. You should check how long is the PCC valid for and then you can enter the expiry date accordingly.
I tried calling all morning and I finally got a hold of one of the CIC call centre reps just now. She checked my account and confirmed that they received my PCCs and fee so I don't need to upload them on MyCIC again. She said at this point they are not requesting for any other document and I should just wait not worrying about MyCIC page because there's a delay updating the site.

I feel a lot better now and I'm going to just wait for the next update. :)

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SH Korea said:
I tried calling all morning and I finally got a hold of one of the CIC call centre reps just now. She checked my account and confirmed that they received my PCCs and fee so I don't need to upload them on MyCIC again. She said at this point they are not requesting for any other document and I should just wait not worrying about MyCIC page because there's a delay updating the site.

I feel a lot better now and I'm going to just wait for the next update. :)
Oh cool. I shud call in and confirm too :). Is this the number 1-888-242-2100?

Update: I did call CIC and they confirmed they have received the PCCs and RPRF :D.

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
blueboy said:
Oh cool. I shud call in and confirm too :). Is this the number 1-888-242-2100?

Update: I did call CIC and they confirmed they have received the PCCs and RPRF :D.
Yes, that was the number. Great! Now, let's wait for good news! :)

IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
batizze said:
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone here has applied or knows anyone who submitted 2 parent sponsorship applications at the same time?

Can I sponsor my parents? (with my spouse as co-signer)
Can he sponsor his parents? (with me as co-signer)

So basically it will be me (1), my husband (1), my parents (2), and his parents (2) = family of 6. So 2 separate applications for our respective parents.

Can we do this as long as we meet income requirements for the past 3 years? Any repercussions?

Thanks!
Yes you can do it as long as you meet income requirements for the family size.
Forum user dadaum has done it in 2016.