+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
EmmEmm said:
thanks but I have been filing taxes in the US only for the last 5 years. This is my first yr in Canada when I will be filing taxes. I got an impression that CIC would see the financial supporting appetite rather than seeing last three 3 yrs tax returns..
They support the financial supporting appetite by your past three year returns only now.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EmmEmm said:
thanks but I have been filing taxes in the US only for the last 5 years. This is my first yr in Canada when I will be filing taxes. I got an impression that CIC would see the financial supporting appetite rather than seeing last three 3 yrs tax returns..
Income have to be canadian sourced. Ur impression is misunderstood. They also see sponsor commitment to stay in canada.

batizze

Nov 20, 2016
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone here has applied or knows anyone who submitted 2 parent sponsorship applications at the same time?

Can I sponsor my parents? (with my spouse as co-signer)
Can he sponsor his parents? (with me as co-signer)

So basically it will be me (1), my husband (1), my parents (2), and his parents (2) = family of 6. So 2 separate applications for our respective parents.

Can we do this as long as we meet income requirements for the past 3 years? Any repercussions?

Thanks!

feelfreetoadviceme

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blueboy said:
Hmmm..I don't see any upload buttons. This is what I see:

there is a button below this box "View Submitted Application" Click on that and you will see what all document you need to upload.

bsz

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Yes, we have done so. If your income enough, you would be able to sponsor both your parents and your in-laws. In each application you need to say that your spouse already is sponsoring his.

batizze said:
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone here has applied or knows anyone who submitted 2 parent sponsorship applications at the same time?

Can I sponsor my parents? (with my spouse as co-signer)
Can he sponsor his parents? (with me as co-signer)

So basically it will be me (1), my husband (1), my parents (2), and his parents (2) = family of 6. So 2 separate applications for our respective parents.

Can we do this as long as we meet income requirements for the past 3 years? Any repercussions?

Thanks!

ztariq

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Hi CanadianLegend,

Please advise as per below when you get the chance.

Thank you

ztariq said:
Congratulations on receiving the medical and PCC request.
I'm not sure how you can prove it.
You mind me ask if your parents are in Pakistan?
Also please advise when did you receive SA letter?

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
feelfreetoadviceme said:
there is a button below this box "View Submitted Application" Click on that and you will see what all document you need to upload.
I have clicked on that and on the next two pages, I don't see any documents needed for the application. I was wondering if it should show the documents I have already submitted though? Here is what I see:

Do I need to call and confirm that they have received my documents. Sorry for being so anxious. lol.

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
blueboy said:
I have clicked on that and on the next two pages, I don't see any documents needed for the application. I was wondering if it should show the documents I have already submitted though? Here is what I see:

Do I need to call and confirm that they have received my documents. Sorry for being so anxious. lol.
I have absolutely the same picture on MyCIC page. We have already submitted PCCs, meds + paid fees but nothing is shown in MyCIC. I even sent a request using their webform - still nothing, no reply. Don't know what does it mean, I am really confused. If you get any updates - please post here.

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Luda345 said:
I have absolutely the same picture on MyCIC page. We have already submitted PCCs, meds + paid fees but nothing is shown in MyCIC. I even sent a request using their webform - still nothing, no reply. Don't know what does it mean, I am really confused. If you get any updates - please post here.
In my case, it even says "we need additional documents by Nov. 21", which is tomorrow..
I don't know if I have to upload PCCs again... I sent all the required documents and paid RPRF on Oct. 12..
I'm going crazy...What if it delays the process after uploading them again..

Borys

Nov 4, 2016
Borys said:
Hi Rossei and Other former PGP Applicant members:

I will be applying for PR under PGP category for my father and mother. I have some questions regarding the forms.

A. IMM 5406 Additional Family Information.

QUESTION 1. I am not sure if I (Sponsor, also the son of Principal Applicant, and I have no sibling) should complete this form due to the confusion below:

i) As per IMM5771 Document Checklist, "The principal applicant and all the family members who are 18 years of age and older must complete and sign their own copy of this form."
This implies that I should complete the form. (Case 1a)

ii) Per IMM5406: "The principal applicant, their spouse or common-law partner (if applicable), and all dependent children 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form."
I am not financially dependent on my parents. So IMM5406 info above indicates that I should NOT complete the form. (Case 1b)

Should I (Case 1a) or should I not (Case 1b) complete the form?

QUESTION 2. If I assume I do not have to complete the form, then only my father (Principal Applicant) and mother (Wife of Principal Applicant) will complete the form, each completing one separate IMM 5406 form. In that case -

When the PA completes the form - does he only fill in the details for the "Applicant" in Section A, my info in Section B, and Section C for his siblings, and signs ? (Case 2a)

OR

does he fill in the details for "Applicant" and "Spouse or Common Law Partner" in Section A and the rest as above? (Case 2b) This will be the case where the Section A for both my father and mother's forms will read exactly the same (Applicant - Father, Spouse - Mother).

Please indicate how you completed the forms using 1a, 1b, 2a, 2c scenarios I have given above as example.

Some more musings on this -
As there is no place at the bottom of the form to indicate who is signing the form - how will CIC know who signed the form - PA, PA's spouse or 18+ children?

QUESTION 3. In the "Place of Birth" fields for Sections A, B and C - should this be "town, country" or "town" or "country"?

QUESTION 4. All of my grandparents have passed away. So where the form asks for "Marital Status" of the Father and Mother of PA and PA's spouse - should I write "Not applicable" or "Married" or "Deceased" ?

B. IMM1344 APPLICATION TO SPONSOR, SPONSORSHIP AGREEMENT AND UNDERTAKING

QUESTION 5. Under the box titled, SPONSOR RESIDENCY DECLARATION, there is a question - "Immediately after my spouse, common-law or conjugal partner and dependent children become permanent residents, I intend to live in: (a Canadian province or territory other than Quebec) or (the province of Quebec).
In my case, my spouse is already a PR and we are not going to move based on if my parents do get the permanent residency. So this question does not apply to us. However, there is no field given to write "Not Applicable". Should I ignore the question (yikes!) or select the non-Quebec option, since we are/will not be there for sure.
Can someone please comment?

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SH Korea said:
In my case, it even says "we need additional documents by Nov. 21", which is tomorrow..
I don't know if I have to upload PCCs again... I sent all the required documents and paid RPRF on Oct. 12..
I'm going crazy...What if it delays the process after uploading them again..
Better upload (even if it delays the process) than running of risk of not submitting at all. Just my 2 cents.

canadian_legend

Sep 2, 2015
To Rossie and all the Greats Here :)

LVO: London - UK
1- I have been asked to send PCC, Copy of passport for my Mom and dad and my Birth Certificate, my question is, can I upload all these documents in PDF format using my CIC account?

2- Do these copies need to be certified /attested?

3- Do I also have to mail the original PCC to London Visa office as the e-commination says "original", if yes, can anyone confirm the mailing address fro London LVO please?

3- Seems like our medical center in Pakistan does not have e-medical, so will they send the documents to LVO?

Many thanks to all of you.

bickyii

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
I want to apply PR for my parents in 2017 but I am short $1700 from my 2013 Income. One of my friend was suggesting that its a short amount and If my lawyer or myself explain it nicely the application can be considered as I work with University and have stable and comparatively more income in 2014,15,16.
Is it worth trying that?

BQM

Dec 31, 2015
Borys said:
Can someone please comment?

QUESTION 1: Case 1b

QUESTION 2. IMM 5406 Additional Family Information both of your parents needs to complete this form separately.

Case 2b is correct for your father your info in Section B, and Section C for his siblings.
Your mother will complete the same form she will write her name on applicant you fathers name on spouse and than her parents details. your info in Section B, and Section C for her siblings.

QUESTION 3: City/Country Toronto/ Canada

QUESTION 4 : Marital Status : Not applicable Present address: Write City/Country and date of death Deceased Toronto (Canada) 1990-01-01 (if don't know the exact date just write year)

QUESTION 5. When you check "No" for first question it will disable the second question.