+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

JL2015

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
ElenaRu said:
Hello!

Guys from Quebec, did you provide financial documents for 2015 or 2014?
Hi guys,

Just wanted to update my timeline not sure if I am in database
2016 January 4 application
2016 June 28 transfer to Hong Kong
2016 July 8 received additional documents and upfront medical requests
2016 July 26 medical reports submit by doctor
2016 September submitted baby birth certificate born in July 2016
2016 nov 18 online status showed medical passed

So what's next? I haven't submitted 2015 tax yet? Should I do so or should I wait for Hong Kong office instruction?

thank you!

canadian_legend

Sep 2, 2015
ATTN: London Applicants:
Today I received an e-communication requesting:
1. PCC
2. Medical
3. Copy of passport
4. Residence fee and
5. Proof of relationship.
They asked us to establish the parent / child relationship as both my father and myself don't have birth certificate nor our births were registered.
Can anyone help me what should I do? I did provide an affidavit with the original application from my dad, but I guess they are not accepting that as proof.
All have 60 days limit except medical which shud be done in 30 days from today.

Date of App: Jan 04, 2016
Applied for: Mom & Dad
LOV: London UK

ztariq

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Congratulations on receiving the medical and PCC request.
I'm not sure how you can prove it.
You mind me ask if your parents are in Pakistan?
Also please advise when did you receive SA letter?

canadian_legend said:
1. PCC
2. Medical
3. Copy of passport
4. Residence fee and
They asked us to establish the parent / child relationship as both my father and myself don't have birth certificate nor our births were registered.
Can anyone help me what should I do? I did provide an affidavit with the original application from my dad, but I guess they are not accepting that as proof.

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
canadian_legend said:
1. PCC
2. Medical
3. Copy of passport
4. Residence fee and

your 10th grade certificate showing your father's name.....and photocopy of your passport page showing your father's name......i will send them certified copies......these 2 documents should work

ztariq

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Also, if your parents are from Pakistan then they can get a document from Nadra called FRC - Family Registration Certificate. That document need to be requested by your dad using his NIC number and it would mention all you of his children along with spouse.

canadian_legend said:
1. PCC
2. Medical
3. Copy of passport
4. Residence fee and

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I submitted the PCC for my parents on November 7th. When I check MyCIC, under 'Review Submitted Documents' it shows empty. Medical says passed though. Do I need to contact CIC to confirm if they have received PCC or this is fine?

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
blueboy said:
Hi,

I submitted the PCC for my parents on November 7th. When I check MyCIC, under 'Review Submitted Documents' it shows empty. Medical says passed though. Do I need to contact CIC to confirm if they have received PCC or this is fine?
I submitted the PCC and the receipt of RPRF in October and a few days later, I received an email from CIC saying that they updated the new information I sent in their system. So I believe they received the PCC and the receipt. My parents did IME and a few days later, I logged into MyCIC and found out the medical passed. "Review Submitted Documents" still shows that the documents are required by Nov. 21 with upload buttons. I haven't upload the docs online yet hoping MyCIC will be updated soon. On Nov. 21, I'm going to make a decision whether I upload the documents again or not...

bsz

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Upfront medical exams!

My parents are in in-process status and their files are forwarded to Ottawa from July. No updated after that.

Do you think it helps if they do IME and PCC upfront?

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SH Korea said:
I submitted the PCC and the receipt of RPRF in October and a few days later, I received an email from CIC saying that they updated the new information I sent in their system. So I believe they received the PCC and the receipt. My parents did IME and a few days later, I logged into MyCIC and found out the medical passed. "Review Submitted Documents" still shows that the documents are required by Nov. 21 with upload buttons. I haven't upload the docs online yet hoping MyCIC will be updated soon. On Nov. 21, I'm going to make a decision whether I upload the documents again or not...
Hmmm..I don't see any upload buttons. This is what I see:

skekk

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ElenaRu said:
Hello!

Guys from Quebec, did you provide financial documents for 2015 or 2014?
If you applied in Jan 2016 you had to provide docs for 2015 only. (Quebec applicants are lucky)

Borys

Nov 4, 2016
Hi Rossei and Other former PGP Applicant members:

I will be applying for PR under PGP category for my father and mother. I have some questions regarding the forms.

A. IMM 5406 Additional Family Information.

QUESTION 1. I am not sure if I (Sponsor, also the son of Principal Applicant, and I have no sibling) should complete this form due to the confusion below:

i) As per IMM5771 Document Checklist, "The principal applicant and all the family members who are 18 years of age and older must complete and sign their own copy of this form."
This implies that I should complete the form. (Case 1a)

ii) Per IMM5406: "The principal applicant, their spouse or common-law partner (if applicable), and all dependent children 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form."
I am not financially dependent on my parents. So IMM5406 info above indicates that I should NOT complete the form. (Case 1b)

Should I (Case 1a) or should I not (Case 1b) complete the form?

QUESTION 2. If I assume I do not have to complete the form, then only my father (Principal Applicant) and mother (Wife of Principal Applicant) will complete the form, each completing one separate IMM 5406 form. In that case -

When the PA completes the form - does he only fill in the details for the "Applicant" in Section A, my info in Section B, and Section C for his siblings, and signs ? (Case 2a)

OR

does he fill in the details for "Applicant" and "Spouse or Common Law Partner" in Section A and the rest as above? (Case 2b) This will be the case where the Section A for both my father and mother's forms will read exactly the same (Applicant - Father, Spouse - Mother).

Please indicate how you completed the forms using 1a, 1b, 2a, 2c scenarios I have given above as example.

Some more musings on this -
As there is no place at the bottom of the form to indicate who is signing the form - how will CIC know who signed the form - PA, PA's spouse or 18+ children?

QUESTION 3. In the "Place of Birth" fields for Sections A, B and C - should this be "town, country" or "town" or "country"?

QUESTION 4. All of my grandparents have passed away. So where the form asks for "Marital Status" of the Father and Mother of PA and PA's spouse - should I write "Not applicable" or "Married" or "Deceased" ?

B. IMM1344 APPLICATION TO SPONSOR, SPONSORSHIP AGREEMENT AND UNDERTAKING

QUESTION 5. Under the box titled, SPONSOR RESIDENCY DECLARATION, there is a question - "Immediately after my spouse, common-law or conjugal partner and dependent children become permanent residents, I intend to live in: (a Canadian province or territory other than Quebec) or (the province of Quebec).
In my case, my spouse is already a PR and we are not going to move based on if my parents do get the permanent residency. So this question does not apply to us. However, there is no field given to write "Not Applicable". Should I ignore the question (yikes!) or select the non-Quebec option, since we are/will not be there for sure.

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
blueboy said:
Hmmm..I don't see any upload buttons. This is what I see:

Actually I see "We need an additional document from the applicant" beside "Review of submitted documents" although I sent them all already while yours is blank. When you go down the page, you will see "View submitted application". When I click it and continue, I see two Upload File buttons for police certificate under my dad's name (principal applicant). Yours can be different since the "Review of submitted documents" section is blank.

ajcanada

Star Member
Oct 13, 2013
Visa Office......
ottawa
Doc's Request.
rcmp 05-05-2014
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
31 may 2014
Med's Done....
2 june and got RPRF same day
Interview........
June 18 status changed to medical recieved
Passport Req..
June 19, status changed to decision made JUNE 20
LANDED..........
July 6
Hi guys
I have few questions , pls help me
I m going to apply pgp, Jan 2017 , I met income level 2013-14-15 but my question is
- do u need to maintain our LICO.,, I mean Even after applying , what if next years
Income level goes down.

- does maternity leave befits, counts toward ur income ?? Or it has to be deduct
From it imcome ( if yes than I won't be able to apply)

- do we need both parents birth certificate ( what's the alternate)

- Do we need parents marriage certificate ?
Will appreciate ur answers

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
_MK_ said:
You have to submit Canadian Tax return for the 3 years with US income and select taxes already paid. US and canada has tax treaty, so there is no double taxation if you earn in the US.
thanks but I have been filing taxes in the US only for the last 5 years. This is my first yr in Canada when I will be filing taxes. I got an impression that CIC would see the financial supporting appetite rather than seeing last three 3 yrs tax returns..