+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
We sent PCC and did IME and paid RPRF last month. Our deadline is Nov. 21 and MyCIC still shows "Upload File" by Nov. 21.
Since it hasn't been updated, I think I should upload my parents PCC online again just to be safe as advised before.

I remember someone asked the same question.. I don't know if it was answered.
There are two lines to upload file below my dad's name but nothing under my mom's.
Am I supposed to upload both PCC under my dad's name?

feelfreetoadviceme

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SH Korea said:
We sent PCC and did IME and paid RPRF last month. Our deadline is Nov. 21 and MyCIC still shows "Upload File" by Nov. 21.
Since it hasn't been updated, I think I should upload my parents PCC online again just to be safe as advised before.

I remember someone asked the same question.. I don't know if it was answered.
There are two lines to upload file below my dad's name but nothing under my mom's.
Am I supposed to upload both PCC under my dad's name?
I
It was me Buddy :D. I don't have an answer what they were looking for? Why under my Dad's name there were 2 Rows and in both the Rows they asked for Police Certificate whereas in PCC they clearly mention only INDIA (in Bold Letters).
I choose the same option like playing safe then .... I uploaded my Mom and Dad's PCC again from the site itself. Now since then "Provided" is written in front of the required documents & if I click on submitted application it says submitted under my dad's name. SO just crossing my fingers. :)

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
feelfreetoadviceme said:
I
It was me Buddy :D. I don't have an answer what they were looking for? Why under my Dad's name there were 2 Rows and in both the Rows they asked for Police Certificate whereas in PCC they clearly mention only INDIA (in Bold Letters).
I choose the same option like playing safe then .... I uploaded my Mom and Dad's PCC again from the site itself. Now since then "Provided" is written in front of the required documents & if I click on submitted application it says submitted under my dad's name. SO just crossing my fingers. :)
I guess I have to make my own decision. Thank you for your message! :)

feelfreetoadviceme

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SH Korea said:
I guess I have to make my own decision. Thank you for your message! :)
I guess "Yes" because its been 7 days since but there is no movement. SO I don't know was it OK or they were looking for something else?

feelfreetoadviceme

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question. My Dad's application is linked with my cic account. (I don't know why I was not able to linkup that application with my Dad's account though I tried numerous times and locked that account for 24 hrs also 3 times :D but I was able to link that with my account) now the question is Since I am receiving all the correspondence either in my e-mail or through my cic account, Can I call CIC to inquire any thing? (they don't have the consent form signed by my Dad for me) or I have call them as applicant only.

tweetyishere

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Request
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
03-11-2016
I had the same situation: under my father's name, there was two documents to upload (I presume PCC for dad and mom) and nothing to upload under my mom's name
I emailed the PCC to CPC-Ottawa, but nothing changed in mycic so I uploaded the PCC and have "provided" next to the requested documents

Awaiting for their reply or to the background to change from "not started" to "in process"

Good luck

feelfreetoadviceme said:
I

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
EmmEmm said:
alright, thanks man but will they accept w-2 forms (US equivalent of Canadian T4) and I have been working in the US for the last 6 years and have more than adequate bank balance in USD.

will they consider it or the 3-yr rule is the bottom line ?
You have to submit Canadian Tax return for the 3 years with US income and select taxes already paid. US and canada has tax treaty, so there is no double taxation if you earn in the US.

ac9837

Star Member
Dec 16, 2012
How long does address change take for address outside Canada?
Also my parents are in Canada for couple of months, so do they need to update address to be same as mine as they are living with me?

Appreciate your help for answering this.

feelfreetoadviceme

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tweetyishere said:
I had the same situation: under my father's name, there was two documents to upload (I presume PCC for dad and mom) and nothing to upload under my mom's name
I emailed the PCC to CPC-Ottawa, but nothing changed in mycic so I uploaded the PCC and have "provided" next to the requested documents

Awaiting for their reply or to the background to change from "not started" to "in process"

Good luck
Good to know that I am not ALONE. Good Luck to you too. :D

feelfreetoadviceme

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sherzad said:
Hi everyone,

Can anyone guide me for some additional documents as Afghan national that I need for spouse sponsorship.
The questions and those forms that confuse me are as following:
In additional information for Afghan nationals there forms include which I cannot find most of them in CIC website but they are in the guide 3911e DON’T KNOW IF I CAN PRINT AND USE THEM ?
The forms are such as: Supplementary Information Form-Afghanistan. Education Background and work experience. Authorization to Disclose Information- Afghanistan [1]
RESIDENCY Questionnaire-Afghanistan. Proof of Relationship to sponsor and etc.
The above forms or text are as a form in the guide 3911 but I don’t know if I can use them.

1] Since I am not living in Afghanistan but the Authorization to Disclose information is address to ISLAMABAD Pakistan. I am residing in Turkey. What should I do for authorization disclose information?
AND when I should fill these documents? Do I have to fill them along with my application for permanent resident and send it to my sponsor? (But my sponsor “Wife” is also now in Turkey with me.)
Please give me your opinion and experience those who pass through the process.
And if anyone could tell me also that how can I rate their profile.

Thanks in advance

You are in a wrong Place. This thread is for sponsorship of PARENTS and GRANDPARENTS not for SPOUSAL Sponsorship.

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Hi Rossei and other members,
Greetings. I have landed in Canada around end of November 2014. From December, i started working survival jobs and by March 2015, i got into my own profession (more than required salary according to CIC criteria) . My mother and sister got visitors visa and this is the second time my mother is visiting us in 2 years and even my sister is with us now as a visitor. I thought i will be able to Sponsor my mother under family class by next year (2016) but after reading all your threads, i understood i have to wait for three tax years in order to get the forms (proof of income) CIC wants ? Is there any other way i can prove, i have the required financial stability according to CIC or should i wait for three years in order to start the sponsorship process ? Please advise.
Note: To my knowledge, i will be able to start the sponsorship process only by 2018 Jan, if CIC rules/requirements has not changed ?
Thanks in Advance !!
Mac. :)

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
macwhitby said:
Hi Rossei and other members,
Greetings. I have landed in Canada around end of November 2014. From December, i started working survival jobs and by March 2015, i got into my own profession (more than required salary according to CIC criteria) . My mother and sister got visitors visa and this is the second time my mother is visiting us in 2 years and even my sister is with us now as a visitor. I thought i will be able to Sponsor my mother under family class by next year (2016) but after reading all your threads, i understood i have to wait for three tax years in order to get the forms (proof of income) CIC wants ? Is there any other way i can prove, i have the required financial stability according to CIC or should i wait for three years in order to start the sponsorship process ? Please advise.
Note: To my knowledge, i will be able to start the sponsorship process only by 2018 Jan, if CIC rules/requirements has not changed ?
Thanks in Advance !!
Mac. :)
Mac,

Let me explain few things:

1) IRCC only accepts Canadian tax return papers (NOA or Option C printout) as proof of income. Nothing else can suffice this requirement.
2) You need to provide NOA for last 3 taxation years which means one requires 2013, 2014 & 2015 NOA to apply in 2017. Note that, 2016 NOA will not be available to anyone when PGP re-opens in Jan, 2017. Usually, the quota fills out rather quickly (1 or 2 days). Hence, IRCC won't accept 2016 NOA for 2017 applications.
3) In your case, unfortunately, you won't be able to apply till 2019 when you will have NOA from 2015, 2016 & 2017 unless PGP criteria changes in coming years.