+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

jessie272003

Nov 6, 2016
Please help me to figure out this specific situation, thanks. I really got confused and don't how to deal with this.

My situation is, I'm PR, work and live in Canada with our daughters, my husband is Canadian Citizen who works in U.S. under working visa. He filed all Canadian Tax Return since he starts to work in U.S. Called the CIC, some of the agents said he is qualified for my co-signer, few of them said he doesn't. Contacted some Immigration Service Company, they said as long as he filed Canadian Tax Return, he is qualified.

1. Is he qualified for co-signer?
2. How I answer the question 3 of Form1344, under co-signer eligibility assessment part?

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Amarpreetd said:
no additional doc request....just pics now with passport....visa office ottawa....parents r currently in Canada on super visa
Congrats Amarpreet
Did you have change in status like 'Medicals Passed' or did u get it after 'Review in Progress' without info on Medical passed?
I was asked to provide additional docs. But after submitting it there was no update on my application about the confirmation of the submitted documents. Did you experience this in your application

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
thanks guys.....after submitting medical my cic changed to medical pass within 2 days.....pcc and fee was submitted on 28 sept .....background check was in progress since 20 Oct.....received PPR via email

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My parents app is with London visa office but didnot hear anything after the SA.Any thaughts ???

S

ztariq said:
Hi Scell,

Not yet, ECAS still says application received.
FYI I check ECAS status using UCI and Application number both and while checking ECAS using application number I saw a message saying that a correspondence was sent to us on July 15th and that we should respond to it within 45 days.
I swear I kept on checking both the ECAS status regularly and this message for July 15th came all of a sudden in October, also we never received any correspondence or any email from CIC.
Last correspondence from CIC was on July 7th informing us with SA.
Members here advised that it was most likely a request for photographs which other members from London Visa office received during the June/July time frame, therefore my parents have submitted the photographs to London Visa office last week.
I have also contacted London Visa Office using webform informing them about the message we received on ECAS and that we have not received any email or any type of correspondence from them. Also, requested if they could please re-send it via email. Until yesterday that message was still in Canada and CIC emailed us letting us know that they have forwarded our message to responsible visa office.
So lets see when LVO contacts us back.

BTW did you receive any correspondence from London Visa office after receipt of SA in June? any request for photos ?
Also, there were 2 members here from London Visa office who informed me that they have received medical and PCC request mid or last week of October and they received their SA in June and early July.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
Amarpreetd said:
thanks guys.....after submitting medical my cic changed to medical pass within 2 days.....pcc and fee was submitted on 28 sept .....background check was in progress since 20 Oct.....received PPR via email
Congrats. How long do you think it would take to get the passport back? And how are you planning to do the immigration status change?

RNJ

Jan 4, 2016
lOL

i WORK IN A BANK AND I SOLD MY USD YESTERDAY HOPING TO BUY AFTER TODAY AT LOWER RATE. BUMMER......DIDN'T WORK AND I LOST ON MY USD.

Rossei said:
1 USD = 1.34 CAD still. I thought it would drop down to 1.20 overnight (Trump Effect) and then I would buy some before it goes back up. :(

friday81

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
thecoolguysam said:
No SA and No additional document request for me and patiently waiting for SA

I am waiting for SA too. documents were requested on June 22nd which I had submitted within a week.
No update since.

eCAS shows 'application received'. GCMS notes do not have any additional details either.

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amarpreetd said:
Same here ...medicals showed passed in 2 days for my parents but the background check turned to progress only 2 days before ppr request and it is still in progress...my parents already sent the passport to visa office

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
Quick question about submitting PCC:

Did you guys receive any confirmation from CIC like "yes, we received your PCC ", etc

Borys

Nov 4, 2016
Did anyone send a bank draft in 2016 application? IMM5770 remained same since last year, and it only allowed "certified chque" or credit card. I have access to neither at the moment (my bank will only issue drafts). This morning when I called, the ever so resourceful CIC call center agent simply repeated what is on IMM5770 and said the application will be sent back if it is not one of those two. I doubt if that is so...
Experiences?

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Luda345 said:
Quick question about submitting PCC:

Did you guys receive any confirmation from CIC like "yes, we received your PCC ", etc
No I had to send them an email asking their confirmation and they responded saying they received after a week..but they dont send any confirmations by default.

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
emceemouli said:
No I had to send them an email asking their confirmation and they responded saying they received after a week..but they dont send any confirmations by default.
Thank you.

jeffporfirio

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
thecoolguysam said:
No SA and No additional document request for me and patiently waiting for SA
Same here. No SA and no additional document request. Waiting....
As I have posted before, it is a mystery to me how they are processing applications. How can 2016 applicants have already landed, and 2014 and 2015 applicants are still waiting???....Mystery, indeed.

rg1234

Jan 24, 2014
I have been requested for the additional document to submit the copy of my father death certificate.

Just have a question whether it should notarized or just copy of it should be good.

My app was received on Jan 5th at 10:01 am (Fedex).

Thanks in advance