+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
nav1982 said:
Thank you , Do you know if they ask PCC for Canada as well because my parents stayed more than one year In Canada as well.
I do not know the correct answer to it. My guess is that a PCC will be required from Canada as well if the stay is over 180 days.

kartt

Jun 7, 2016
sapguru said:
I do not know the correct answer to it. My guess is that a PCC will be required from Canada as well if the stay is over 180 days.
My parents have stayed here on Super Visa for over a year, but no PCC from Canada was requested. I am going to get it anyway just in case.

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
sapguru said:
Standard Email Letter for PCC from cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca:
Do you have the letter requesting medical exams?

I am almost in the same situation: CIC sent requests for PCC and Medical tests but we didn't get the one with medicals. I wrote CIC and they told that they couldn't resend the letter earlier than 28 days since the date of the original letter. It's funny because it means that we would obviously miss the deadline which is normally 31 days for medical exam.

nav1982

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
Aug 2016
Med's Done....
Sept 2016
sapguru said:
I wonder why they did not tell the date when PCC was requested. For lot of applicants like myself, the medical and PCC was requested on the same day. However, it may have been requested on different dates for other applicants. Date is very important as they allow only 45 days to complete PCC. Now, since you told them that you have not received PCC, I would assume that the regenerated letter have a new completion date for PCC.
I believe so , because they said it might be technical issue or the officer forgot to upload on your account. They said dont worry about your application as you never received the letter and we report this to Ottawa. I also sent an email to Ottawa with detail issue but no reply yet.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
Luda345 said:
Do you have the letter requesting medical exams?

I am almost in the same situation: CIC sent requests for PCC and Medical tests but we didn't get the one with medicals. I wrote CIC and they told that they couldn't resend the letter earlier than 28 days since the date of the original letter. It's funny because it means that we would obviously miss the deadline which is normally 31 days for medical exam.
For Medical Exam, they sent a pdf file of form IMM 1017 E (07-2015)

The form has following instructions:

Medical Examination Instructions

These medical instructions are being issued since your application has been processed to the stage where medical examination results are now required. Please read these instructions carefully.

IMPORTANT: You are required to undergo the medical examinations within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.

The medical examination must be performed by a doctor from the CIC list of Panel Physicians. You cannot choose your family doctor if his or her name is not on this list. See the list of Panel Physicians to find a doctor in your area at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

Once you identify a panel physician in your area, book an appointment for your medical examination. When you schedule your appointment, please ensure that arrangements are made for your chest x-ray and laboratory tests as well. Once your medical has been completed the doctor will forward the medical results to CIC.

Any costs related to the medical examination are your responsibility and are payable at the time of the examination. Should your application be refused following the completion of your medical examination these costs will not be refunded.

Please bring the following to your appointment:
- The attached Medical Report form (IMM1017E)
- Proper identification (proof of identity must include at least one government-issued document with photograph and signature, such as a passport or national identity card)
- Eye glasses or contact lenses, if worn
- Any medical reports or test results that you may have as a result of previous or existing medical conditions
- Four recent photographs (photos are not required if the panel physician is listed as “eMedical enabled” on the CIC website listed above)

Note: It is important that you inform the panel physician of any previous or existing medical conditions. Failure to do so will delay the processing of your medical examination.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
nav1982 said:
Thank you , Do you know if they ask PCC for Canada as well because my parents stayed more than one year In Canada as well.
sapguru said:
kartt said:
My parents have stayed here on Super Visa for over a year, but no PCC from Canada was requested. I am going to get it anyway just in case.
PCC from Canada will be requested on your PCC Request mail/email. If it hasn't been requested, it's not required. I've seen many parents living here on TRV/Super visa and CIC didn't ask for PCC (Canada). They (including mine) were fine not voluntarily providing a PCC (Canada).

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
sapguru said:
For Medical Exam, they sent a pdf file of form IMM 1017 E (07-2015)

The form has following instructions:
Thank you!!

And we've almost missed the request for med exam. I linked "my account" and the status for Medical was "Review in Progress" . My husband decided to call CIC and the agent ASSURED him that only the reguest for PCC was sent and no request for medical exam. I deciced to send a written request to CIC just to be on the safe side and guess what - we got a reply that both requests were sent at the same day.

nav1982

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
Aug 2016
Med's Done....
Sept 2016
Rossei said:
PCC from Canada will be requested on your PCC Request mail/email. If it hasn't been requested, it's not required. I've seen many parents living here on TRV/Super visa and CIC didn't ask for PCC (Canada). They (including mine) were fine not voluntarily providing a PCC (Canada).
Thank you Rossei,
As we never received the PCC request which was sent with medical almost 2 months now ,I am worried about my file .
You know if CIC can resend the letter or My files goes back to first stage again.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Looks like 9:43 Purolator batch hasn't seen much movement in a while however it is very encouraging to see updates on so many applications.
At this rate CIC is going to go over their 20000 people limit very soon!!!

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
Luda345 said:
Thank you!!

And we've almost missed the request for med exam. I linked "my account" and the status for Medical was "Review in Progress" . My husband decided to call CIC and the agent ASSURED him that only the reguest for PCC was sent and no request for medical exam. I deciced to send a written request to CIC just to be on the safe side and guess what - we got a reply that both requests were sent at the same day.
Good luck!
I do not trust MyCIC webpage as it is fairly new system and has been found with anomalies on status for few application. The same observation goes for eCAS, which in the past, was not updated for months after an event occurred on the application.

kartt

Jun 7, 2016
Rossei said:
Thanks a lot for the info, Rossie! Much appreciated. My concern is that my parents requested their PCC in China last September before they came to Canada on Super Visa. It has been now over a year. On CIC site it stated that "For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country", so my parents PCC for China should be OK; however, there is the gap between last September and now that they don't have anything. If they had requested the PCC now from China, then I assume that no PCC from Canada is necessary. What's your opinion, Rossie?

Thanks.

jeffporfirio

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Rossei said:
Stage-1 (Sponsorship Eligibility) is solely done by CPC-M. Ideally, they should have approved sponsorship and transferred the files to LVO based on application receipt date. But they perhaps did not (not sure). The worst part is that CPC-M perhaps approved some cases which were not notified via email/mail. So, some may not even know if their files have already being processed or in queue at LVO.

Stage-2 (PR Processing) is done at LVO and the processing entirely depends on specific LVO, its workload, work practice, manpower etc.
Thanks Rossei.

This is what I see in ECAS:

Should I be concerned? or Panic? or just be Patient?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
kartt said:
Thanks a lot for the info, Rossie! Much appreciated. My concern is that my parents requested their PCC in China last September before they came to Canada on Super Visa. It has been now over a year. On CIC site it stated that "For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country", so my parents PCC for China should be OK; however, there is the gap between last September and now that they don't have anything. If they had requested the PCC now from China, then I assume that no PCC from Canada is necessary. What's your opinion, Rossie?

Thanks.
CIC also says, "The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed." This means that CIC will ask for a PCC (Canada) if it's required. The default rule of obtaining PCC from each state/country where you lived for more than 6 months doesn't imply to Canada.

Your parents' PCC (China) may work. The only concern is that it's more than a year old (I'm aware that it follows the rule).

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
jeffporfirio said:
Thanks Rossei.

This is what I see in ECAS:

Should I be concerned? or Panic? or just be Patient?
What do you see in your parents' E-Cas assuming it's your (sponsor) E-Cas? Also, did you try to link your app to MyCIC?

None of 2016 applicants should panic. It's going super fast compared to any past application.

kartt

Jun 7, 2016
Rossei said:
CIC also says, "The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed." This means that CIC will ask for a PCC (Canada) if it's required. The default rule of obtaining PCC from each state/country where you lived for more than 6 months doesn't imply to Canada.

Your parents' PCC (China) may work. The only concern is that it's more than a year old (I'm aware that it follows the rule).
Thanks, Rossie. When I applied for my PR, I supplied a PCC that was 5 years old. No one questioned it, and no body asked me to give extra, I was also never asked for a PCC in Canada. So my parents situation maybe okay?