+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

bender

Jun 16, 2016
caboy808 said:
1. 30 days to submit passport
2. The CoPR is issued when you land, by the CBSA office, the PR card will be mailed within approximately 2 months I think.
3. The Visa validity date is all you need to comply with
If I received a passport request from Ottawa, but my parents are current in China. What should I do? Can I submit the passport to Beijing embassy instead of mailing to Ottawa?

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
bender said:
If I received a passport request from Ottawa, but my parents are current in China. What should I do? Can I submit the passport to Beijing embassy instead of mailing to Ottawa?
Yes you can. My mother dadaum2 is in India and visa office was Ottawa.We sent her passport to New Delhi Visa office and received back with visa stamp within a week.

nav1982

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
Aug 2016
Med's Done....
Sept 2016
hello,

need help..yesterday i called call center because i couldn't change my address any how they said they fix the issue. Then i asked if i miss some communication and they informed me that last message was sent to MY cic for PCC request in August which we never received in my account. we only got medical about two months ago and nothing else. Then they said they will excalte the issue to visa office.

So could someone please advise if i have to do something or just wait for thier response as PCC request was for 30 days only and i am worried about my application.

The next one if they send me back PCC request as my parents stay more than one year in canada ,do they ask PCC from Canada as well.

Please help.

Tina16

Jul 20, 2016
Hello everyone. Just an update on my mother's application. I had recd a request for pcc, updated travel information RPRF and updated background form. They were all sent to NDVO Sep 21. I never recd a medical request so I anyway did the medical for my mom on Oct 3. Today my cic account showed the medicals as passed.

skekk

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
for those concerned about getting extension of time to provide documents!
This is what an agent of call centre provided me as a general memo:

If the office requested that you submit an additional document and you are unable to comply within the provided delay, you may advise them by uploading a letter of explanation.

Please note that it is at the discretion of the responsible office to grant an additional delay or not.

spidec

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-05-2016
Med's Request
08-08-2016
Passport Req..
15-11-2016
For anyone that have their application processed in SVO - Singapore Visa Office, could you tell me how long it take for Passport Request after Medical/PPC? Congrats to everyone who have their Passport request!

feelfreetoadviceme

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One thing I am confused about. In the PCC Letter CIC is asking about RPRF also. Do I have to deposit fee now or after Medical and PCC? the timeline of 45 days is for both PCC and RPRF or only for PCC? Plz advise friends.

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
feelfreetoadviceme said:
One thing I am confused about. In the PCC Letter CIC is asking about RPRF also. Do I have to deposit fee now or after Medical and PCC? the timeline of 45 days is for both PCC and RPRF or only for PCC? Plz advise friends.
I believe the due date is for both PCC and RPRF. My due date is Nov. 21 but I already paid and sent the receipt to the indicated email address. In addition, I sent the receipt to the CIC by email along with PCC docs as well.

bender

Jun 16, 2016
dadaum said:
Yes you can. My mother dadaum2 is in India and visa office was Ottawa.We sent her passport to New Delhi Visa office and received back with visa stamp within a week.
Thank you so much dadaum.

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Tina16 said:
Hello everyone. Just an update on my mother's application. I had recd a request for pcc, updated travel information RPRF and updated background form. They were all sent to NDVO Sep 21. I never recd a medical request so I anyway did the medical for my mom on Oct 3. Today my cic account showed the medicals as passed.
Nice to hear that NDVO is showing progress, Tina. I had received sponsorship approval on same date as you but no status change of Medicals yet. Please keep posted when you get the PPR request. All the best

ahrpk

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
spidec said:
For anyone that have their application processed in SVO - Singapore Visa Office, could you tell me how long it take for Passport Request after Medical/PPC? Congrats to everyone who have their Passport request!
Hi spidec, we received medical request on August 23. Medical was done on August 25th. Got PCC and RPRF request on August 30. PCC reached SVO on sept 22nd and we got PPR on Oct 5. Passport was received by Ottawa on Oct 11 and now waiting for the passport.

SoClose

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
File Transfer...
03-06-2016
Med's Request
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Interview........
Not required
skekk said:
for those concerned about getting extension of time to provide documents!
This is what an agent of call centre provided me as a general memo:

If the office requested that you submit an additional document and you are unable to comply within the provided delay, you may advise them by uploading a letter of explanation.

Please note that it is at the discretion of the responsible office to grant an additional delay or not.
This is very helpful information for me. Thank you for sharing it with us.

ztariq

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Hi spdewan,

Congrats on receiving the medical requests from the London Visa Office.

Could you please advise when you applied for your mother's immigration? (Janurary 2016 ?)
Also, when did you receive Sponsorship Approval letter mentioning that her case has been forwarded to London Visa office?

Thank you

spdewan said:
Hello

Today I received medical request for my mom, visa office London, UK. She lives with my brother in Switzerland and currently visiting Pakistan.

Does medial need to be done in Switzerland or it can be done by panel physician in Pakistan. Letter says medical need to be completed within 30 days of this letter.

Has anyone encountered same situation? any experience and suggestion appreciated

Thanks

Salman

ztariq

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Hi,

Are there any other Pakistani applicants from London Visa office who received Medical and PCC request?

Please advise.

Thank you