+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

random hero

Star Member
Jul 6, 2016
thecoolguysam said:
I am waiting for SA too. I am not sure how CIC is randomly processing the applications. I called the CIC call centre and they told me that they are working on applications received in 2014. They have just sent AOR for 2016 applications only.
they are answering you like robots !

random hero

Star Member
Jul 6, 2016
thecoolguysam said:
Totally understandable. I suppose they won't look up the status for us as they will go by book (what is published on their official website)
they probably think you have no internet or dont know how to read or dont have a pc ! it get on my nerves when people speak to me like scripted robots !

what is your LVO?

Daniala

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
kilamans said:
Congrats, same here, got all the request.
Yes, after we submit all those requested, a quick check done on Medicals, and passport request is sent.

FYI, even i could not add the application to my account, but i was doing some mistakes, that entire details what is being asked, is all about the principal applicant, nothing about sponsor... i will be trying it tomorrow, as i have tried it for 5 times. hope this helps you, incase you were also doing the same mistake which i did.

all the best for both!
@kilamans Please do not sweat not being able to link your parents' application in My CIC. I finally succeeded doing that a few weeks ago. Once you do this, all your new messgaes will be sent through my CIC. In the email, you will get only a notification, when a new message come to CIC. Now, guess what. I received last week three messages in my CIC, which finally appeared to be medicals, PCC, CSQ and RPRF requests with deadlines. Now, exactly from the time that I got the notification, the whole my CIC system went screwed for many users including me. You cannot imagine how much people like me tried to get CIC resolve the issue in a timely manner. It took them seven days. If had gone back, I would never have linked the application. It is not worth the minimal extra information that it provides over the status of the file in my opinion.

myYahoo

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-09-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-03-2014
Passport Req..
17-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2014
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Amarpreetd said:
background check is in process....hopefully PPR soon
Which Visa Office?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
random hero said:
they probably think you have no internet or dont know how to read or dont have a pc ! it get on my nerves when people speak to me like scripted robots !

what is your LVO?
My parents are from India and their LVO would be New Delhi.

I am not sure if I should talk to cic call centre and tell them that if they are processing Jan 2014 applications then how-come they have started processing 2016. But then i think, rather than being impatient, let the time come soon when the wait would be over.

TinaA

Oct 11, 2016
Rossei said:
Don't know the whole story but you would need NOA from 2013, 2014 & 2015 (meeting MNI for each year for the whole family size) in order to qualify for 2017 PGP.
The thing is I got my PR in August 2015 ! So, I did not receive any NOA for 2013 and 2014! As for 2015 I am not sure if I need to put "0" as it is shown in my NOA in 2015. Would it be enough if I put N/A for 2014 and 2013?

I am going to use my partner's NOA for these years.

Appreciate if anyone can direct me.

spdewan

Dec 7, 2013
Hello

Today I received medical request for my mom, visa office London, UK. She lives with my brother in Switzerland and currently visiting Pakistan.

Does medial need to be done in Switzerland or it can be done by panel physician in Pakistan. Letter says medical need to be completed within 30 days of this letter.

Has anyone encountered same situation? any experience and suggestion appreciated

Thanks

Salman

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
spdewan said:
Hello

Today I received medical request for my mom, visa office London, UK. She lives with my brother in Switzerland and currently visiting Pakistan.

Does medial need to be done in Switzerland or it can be done by panel physician in Pakistan. Letter says medical need to be completed within 30 days of this letter.

Has anyone encountered same situation? any experience and suggestion appreciated

Thanks

Salman
You can do medical from anywhere in the world as long as it's done by a CIC Panel Physician.

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
Daniala said:
@kilamans Please do not sweat not being able to link your parents' application in My CIC. I finally succeeded doing that a few weeks ago. Once you do this, all your new messgaes will be sent through my CIC. In the email, you will get only a notification, when a new message come to CIC. Now, guess what. I received last week three messages in my CIC, which finally appeared to be medicals, PCC, CSQ and RPRF requests with deadlines. Now, exactly from the time that I got the notification, the whole my CIC system went screwed for many users including me. You cannot imagine how much people like me tried to get CIC resolve the issue in a timely manner. It took them seven days. If had gone back, I would never have linked the application. It is not worth the minimal extra information that it provides over the status of the file in my opinion.
@Daniala - Thank you for making this clear, good that it didn't work till now. i got all the requests for medicals, PCC, RPRF

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
thecoolguysam said:
My parents are from India and their LVO would be New Delhi.

I am not sure if I should talk to cic call centre and tell them that if they are processing Jan 2014 applications then how-come they have started processing 2016. But then i think, rather than being impatient, let the time come soon when the wait would be over.
i agree but just look at other user inputs, when was their aor received, when you was yours, which visa office, did the other users parents have travelled or not... because a week back i started monitoring this thread, the moment i saw people's updates about medical request, and when i saw the list out of 20 users who LVO is NDVO, and almost 18 ofthem got the request, like you, even i was impatient, but finally even i got the request for pcc, medicals, rprf...

so no worries, yours should be soon too..
one thing i am not clear at all, why they have picked 2016 applications when 2014, 2015 is still pending, is to collect the rprf only? that will be a huge money...