+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

skekk

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
axen0001 said:
I sent CSQ application forms to MIDI at the beginning of August. Visa card was charged on August 11. Nothing yet.

Today I decided to call MIDI and the agent told me that I won't get the CSQ till October 25 at the best. Still in process.

Just to give a heads up to Quebec applicants.
They said me 8-9 weeks. (Application received September 1st).
Did you have to ask for an extension of time to forward CSQ to federal government?
thank you in advance!

RNJ

Jan 4, 2016
hi,
yes received the PCC request by snail mail. Funnily they asked 52 years history since my mom turned 18. now she is 70. All the addresses for PCC and Imm 0008 needed all the activities she did for past 52 years.
Bummer !!!!

UOC said:
hi, all those who have received the police certificate request. Is the request came by email or mail ?.
Please also advise for how many years history they are asking in police certificate ? Appreciate your help.

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
avi_15 said:
I got the medical and pcc equest via message on the account (not emails) .. that is why I asked.. can you confirm the email address you send the PCC's to?
I saw the request message on MyCIC account first, then I received the request email. I got them on the same day. In the message on your account, do you see "Please reply directly to this email and put your application number in the title"? The below is the email address I received a request email from and sent documents to.

CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Just make sure you can send documents without waiting for a request email, and don't forget to put your application number in the title. Good luck!

TinaA

Oct 11, 2016
Hi everybody,

I am a PR her in Canada, and I landed in 2015. I started working from Feb2016. Now that I am filling out form 5768E, I am wondering how I can organize it. (my partner is my co-signer)
could you take a look at the table below I have prepared regarding Q15. i guess we are supposed to provide our income here in canada! Viewing this, I have put N/A for the years 2013 and 2014. Also, my NOA is showing line 150 is 0 for 2015. However I have been on payroll since starting 2016! Do I need to put 0 for the gross income for the period "2015 to Present"?

Appreciate if you could help me.

From To Employer Address Phone Gross Income Family Size
2015-01-01 Present Company A 123 123 2015 NOA Line 150=0 5
2014-01-01 2014-12-31 N/A N/A N/A N/A 5
2013-01-01 2013-12-31 N/A N/A N/A N/A 5

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Rossei said:
I honestly don't know the answer. There are 3 things that need to be considered:
1) You guys are not living in Canada currently - I assume. Besides being PR/Citizen of Canada, you also need to live in Canada as the Guide 5772 says.
2) Your husband cannot provide NOA while you can as a co-signer. It may work, but I'm not sure.
3) You can apply for parents and grandparents in 2 separate application packages (verify it with other sources/people) as long as you meet MNI for all these people + your family.

Guide 5772 says re: Sponsorship Eligibility,

In order to sponsor, you must…

- be 18 years of age or older;
- be a Canadian citizen, Registered Indian or permanent resident;
- be sponsoring a member of the family Class;
- live in Canada;
- sign an undertaking promising to provide for the basic requirements of the person being sponsored;
- sign an agreement with the person you are sponsoring that confirms that each of you understands your mutual obligations and responsibilities;
- prove that you have sufficient income to provide the basic requirements for your family members in Canada as well as the persons included in your sponsorship undertaking. You may also have a co-signer.

Someone in similar situation will be able to shed more light on it.
Thank you so much for your response. I'm not sure why I missed the requirement to live in Canada (maybe I was reading a different document).

C.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
avi_15 said:
Did you send them to Ottawa VO by email? Can someone please share Ottawa VO's email to send PCC's and RPRF?

Send RPRF to CPCO-Cost-Recovery@cic.gc.ca and CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca (the first email is mandatory for RPRF)
Send PCC to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Send Medical Confirmation page to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca (the doctor/clinic will upload/send the full report when finished)

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
SH Korea said:
I submitted(emailed) police certificates of my parents along with the receipt of RPRF on Oct. 12. Usually, how long does it take to see it posted on MyCIC acocunt? It still shows "needed" and "$0".

Does anyone have an idea?
It may never show up in your MyCIC account. But when medical passes and they're satisfied with other requested docs (PCC, RPRF etc.); your background check is needed will turn to "started" or "in progress". While it remains "in progress", you will get your PPR.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
TinaA said:
Hi everybody,

I am a PR her in Canada, and I landed in 2015. I started working from Feb2016. Now that I am filling out form 5768E, I am wondering how I can organize it. (my partner is my co-signer)
could you take a look at the table below I have prepared regarding Q15. i guess we are supposed to provide our income here in canada! Viewing this, I have put N/A for the years 2013 and 2014. Also, my NOA is showing line 150 is 0 for 2015. However I have been on payroll since starting 2016! Do I need to put 0 for the gross income for the period "2015 to Present"?

Appreciate if you could help me.

From To Employer Address Phone Gross Income Family Size
2015-01-01 Present Company A 123 123 2015 NOA Line 150=0 5
2014-01-01 2014-12-31 N/A N/A N/A N/A 5
2013-01-01 2013-12-31 N/A N/A N/A N/A 5
Don't know the whole story but you would need NOA from 2013, 2014 & 2015 (meeting MNI for each year for the whole family size) in order to qualify for 2017 PGP.

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Rossei said:
It may never show up in your MyCIC account. But when medical passes and they're satisfied with other requested docs (PCC, RPRF etc.); your background check is needed will turn to "started" or "in progress". While it remains "in progress", you will get your PPR.
Thanks, Rossei!

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Rossei said:
Send RPRF to CPCO-Cost-Recovery@cic.gc.ca and CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca (the first email is mandatory for RPRF)
Send Medical Confirmation page to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca (the doctor/clinic will upload/send the full report when finished)
I actually received documents(called e-Medical Information Sheet) by email from the clinic that include detail information on our parents and what tests would be done etc. They emailed them to me after my parents arrived at the clinic but before they started the exams. Is this a Medical Confirmation? Am I supposed to send these to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca? I wasn't aware of this...Could you please tell where I can find more detail on this instruction?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
SH Korea said:
I actually received documents(called e-Medical Information Sheet) by email from the clinic that include detail information on our parents and what tests would be done etc. They emailed them to me after my parents arrived at the clinic but before they started the exams. Is this a Medical Confirmation? Am I supposed to send these to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca? I wasn't aware of this...Could you please tell where I can find more detail on this instruction?
Right after my mom did her IME with the PP (before going to the lab for chest x-ray and others), we were given 2 sheets and told to send any of them back to CIC. One is called e-Medical Info Sheet and the other is named e-Medical Health Case Details.

So, I sent (courier) both sheets along with RPRF receipt, PCC, IMM5669 and notarized death cert. to Singapore-VO. Since my mom had to do additional tests, it took some time for the PP to upload full medical report. But everything was done within 30-day deadline.

Now, sending the medical confirmation page(s) back to CIC may not carry any significance as CIC Medical Team will still wait for the PP to upload/send full medical report. It's just to save yourself if CIC ever blames you for not meeting deadline or something.

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Rossei said:
Right after my mom did her IME with the PP (before going to the lab for chest x-ray and others), we were given 2 sheets and told to send any of them back to CIC. One is called e-Medical Info Sheet and the other is named e-Medical Health Case Details.

So, I sent (courier) both sheets along with RPRF receipt, PCC, IMM5669 and notarized death cert. to Singapore-VO. Since my mom had to do additional tests, it took some time for the PP to upload full medical report. But everything was done within 30-day deadline.

Now, sending the medical confirmation page(s) back to CIC may not carry any significance as CIC Medical Team will still wait for the PP to upload/send full medical report. It's just to save yourself if CIC ever blames you for not meeting deadline or something.
Thank you so much for the clarification, Rossei. I only received e-Medical Information sheets for my parents. We still have time until the deadline, Nov. 21. I will confirm with the clinic if these are the only documents they send to me before I email them to the CIC. Thanks again! :)

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
SH Korea said:
I saw the request message on MyCIC account first, then I received the request email. I got them on the same day. In the message on your account, do you see "Please reply directly to this email and put your application number in the title"? The below is the email address I received a request email from and sent documents to.

CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Just make sure you can send documents without waiting for a request email, and don't forget to put your application number in the title. Good luck!
Thanks SH Korea

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
Rossei said:
Thanks Rossei!!

caboy808

Feb 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
Rossei, any data/stat on how long it takes from background in progress to PPR?