+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Pla

Sep 19, 2011
IF my check application status says Application received Would I be able to link my application or I have to have the SA before I can link ?

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
Question about "messages" in My CIC account:

3 days ago we received a request for PCC only (no medicals) and today I linked the application to my cic account.
The status for medicals shows "Review in progress" but there are NO messages - neither for PCC nor for medicals.

Is it normal??

RNJ

Jan 4, 2016
Ok, That helps, She is 70 now and who knows where she lived 52 years ago and since her father was a police officer, she has moved i think 30 times in 50 years. god knows, how she is going to remember all those addresses. we are so screwed up if she mess it up. and Visa office only gives us 30 days to submit everything.

Jeeeeezzz

I think this is such a bad Karma I have done in past life to get punished like this. LOL

Rossei said:
Superstar! woot! woot!! 8)
As random hero and few others, I also received same request from Singapore-VO for my mom. I attached an extra page for 8. Personal History (made in table format same as shown in IMM0008 in MS Word) containing all the activities my mom had since age 18. It was a hard task but since it was for my mom, I could guess where/when/what she did. Fortunately, she was married early and lived pretty much at same place (the big house/building my granddad made); so I didn't have to attach any page for 12. Addresses.

In your case, since it's your MIL we're talking about; it will be hard for you to dig. Try to get some info from her siblings. You don't have to be bang on, try to match the city where/when she studied, worked, got married and so on. As long as she lived in her home country for most of the time, it won't create problem. My mom visited roughly 15 countries with my dad, so I had to put those info as well.

random hero

Star Member
Jul 6, 2016
RNJ said:
Ok, That helps, She is 70 now and who knows where she lived 52 years ago and since her father was a police officer, she has moved i think 30 times in 50 years. god knows, how she is going to remember all those addresses. we are so screwed up if she mess it up. and Visa office only gives us 30 days to submit everything.

Jeeeeezzz

I think this is such a bad Karma I have done in past life to get punished like this. LOL
Do to your best effort ! Immigration canada already knows its too much to remember especially that we have human brain and not computer memory in our head ! Even that fails too sometimes !

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
random hero said:
Do to your best effort ! Immigration canada already knows its too much to remember especially that we have human brain and not computer memory in our head ! Even that fails too sometimes !
I agree, in my grandfather's date of birth I put "UNKNOWN"

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi
any advise for MYCIC
ok family size is clear now - 4 but still not working
section 2 - if I choose Appl # + family name, which F000...it says that # not belongs that type of application, which numbers do you have?
if choose names + bith/date, whom info to use, me or mother?

Thanks

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
YULIA-2016 said:
Hi
any advise for MYCIC
ok family size is clear now - 4 but still not working
section 2 - if I choose Appl # + family name, which F000...it says that # not belongs that type of application, which numbers do you have?
if choose names + bith/date, whom info to use, me or mother?

Thanks
App # is starting from F. All info - your mother's, because this is HER application for permanent residence. About family size - I put the number from finacial evaluation form and it worked for me.

RNJ

Jan 4, 2016

Jeeeeezzz

Rossei said:
Superstar! woot! woot!! 8)
As random hero and few others, I also received same request from Singapore-VO for my mom. I attached an extra page for 8. Personal History (made in table format same as shown in IMM0008 in MS Word) containing all the activities my mom had since age 18. It was a hard task but since it was for my mom, I could guess where/when/what she did. Fortunately, she was married early and lived pretty much at same place (the big house/building my granddad made); so I didn't have to attach any page for 12. Addresses.

In your case, since it's your MIL we're talking about; it will be hard for you to dig. Try to get some info from her siblings. You don't have to be bang on, try to match the city where/when she studied, worked, got married and so on. As long as she lived in her home country for most of the time, it won't create problem. My mom visited roughly 15 countries with my dad, so I had to put those info as well.

pkur

Mar 15, 2016
citizenship_seeker said:
I just checked My CIC and noticde that "Review of submitted documents" column is empty.. wonder what that means? please help
I have got the same status, as soon as NDVO received all required documents, a day after "Review of submitted documents" column appeared empty ?

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Luda345 said:
App # is starting from F. All info - your mother's, because this is HER application for permanent residence. About family size - I put the number from finacial evaluation form and it worked for me.
merci Luda, 5 trying again :-\

Can you check please in parents passport date - dd/mm/yyyy?

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
YULIA-2016 said:
merci Luda, 5 trying again :-\

Can you check please in parents passport date - dd/mm/yyyy?
I used F00... + Family name and place of birth (pay attention to capital letters and ","). First 5 attempts failed too and the reason was wrong number of family members.

tweetyishere

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Request
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
03-11-2016
Hello LILI2013

i asked Ottawa office about my parents' pcc done last summer and this is what they answered:
"Please be advised that police certificates have a validity of 1 year. Therefore, if your application is not finalized before the expiry of your police certificate, you will have to obtain a new version. Lastly, you do not need to send the originals by mail unless stated otherwise by an officer."

so i think it will work if your application is done before the one year expiry.

good luck

lili2013 said:
hello,

I have a question. I am waiting for MED and PCC. My parents are with me in Canada now. But before they leave home country they get their PCC from home country (about 2 and half months ago). Do you think it is ok if I submit that when I will be asked for PCC?

Also last year they stayed one year in Canada and I got the PCC from Canada at the end of their stay. Do you think I should get a new one or that one works?

Thanks for your help.

lili2013

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
tweetyishere said:
Hello LILI2013

i asked Ottawa office about my parents' pcc done last summer and this is what they answered:
"Please be advised that police certificates have a validity of 1 year. Therefore, if your application is not finalized before the expiry of your police certificate, you will have to obtain a new version. Lastly, you do not need to send the originals by mail unless stated otherwise by an officer."

so i think it will work if your application is done before the one year expiry.

good luck

Thank you so much for your response