Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Ppr 1 on 3rd jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
March 2013
Can any body predict timeline for the next step at LVO after sponsorship approval obtained and filed transferred to London visa office?

mrwestjet

Jul 22, 2016
john.mccallum.c1@parl.gc.ca, justin.trudeau@parl.gc.ca, john.mccallum@parl.gc.ca, jenny.kwan@parl.gc.ca, david.tilson@parl.gc.ca, michelle.rempel@parl.gc.ca, CIMM@parl.gc.ca

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 10:30 AM, Sabbir M wrote:

Dear Honorable John McCallum
and Clerk of CIMM (for distribution to all committee members on the next meeting):

Mr. McCallum

To be honest I have a very slim hope that you will read my email, nor even receiving a response. But I am still writing to you anyway. You are either too busy with your parliamentary and ministerial roles, or letters from concerned citizens can never pass through the filter readers at your constituency offices.

You are too busy touring around the country for national consultation on immigration that you don’t even have time to listen to what and where the real concerns are. You have hold the Minister title for 7 months now and under your watch, here is one of the painful truths! People lie. Numbers don't.

This same status that states “IRCC is processing parental sponsorship applications received on or before November 4, 2011” has been on the official website for more than 2 years, long before the federal election, and long after the federal election, till today. Is anyone working as IRCC management, and the CIMM committees aware of this? The number implies that IRCC is still delaying parental sponsorship for at least 5 years, despite the election promises that family reunification is now your number one priority. Nothing has changed. Absolutely no improvements. Liberals are all about empty promises, aren’t you? Putting that date for years on the website doesn’t make anyone at Minister’s Office feel ashamed because it is a good shield for their inefficiency, so people cannot contact IRCC to follow up on cases status.

Since 2014, the parental sponsorship category has already been capped for annual intake quotas, 5,000-10,000 PER YEAR. Sadly, Government of Canada continues to look at senior immigrants as social burdens, neglecting the fact that if the parents get to come earlier in their productive years they could have worked longer, and contributed into the national tax revenues. FYI, the processing time for parents sponsorship of American citizens is 12 months end-to-end, as opposed to minimum 5 year wait in Canada. Let alone the very obvious situation of nationality preferences in our Canadian system, where some specific races or nationalities are receiving the expedited processing time compared to other parts of the world. Canadian version of parental sponsorship is miserably failed in most aspects: humanity, efficiency, administration, etc. We have an immigration system where government officials can say anything they want on the website, false stats, false dates, misleading promises, without being held accountable by the Parliament. Those working at Minister’s Office, namely Chief of Staff, or Directors of Operations, those who get big paychecks funded by taxpayers are clueless about the process, clueless about immigration policies, and only there to deal with media inquiries for the interests of the department, absolutely helpless toward fixing the broken systems and all the people affected.

Do you even acknowledge and understand what I am talking about, Honorable John McCallum? I am saying all the shining reports that you get from your staff, the concept of “copying what we have done for Syrian refugees” so all family classes can be processed much faster, are all hoax, untrue, unreal and foolish.

You have been misled yourself, sir.

Regards,
(One Canadian citizen that does not even dare to disclose the real full name)

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
thecoolguysam said:
I am still waiting for my SA. I am from 9:43 purolator batch
Have you called to find out? Maybe you were approved and just didn't receive any communications from them. I was approved in mid June but only got the letter via mail in mid July.

Pamma97

Aug 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
mrwestjet said:
john.mccallum.c1@parl.gc.ca, justin.trudeau@parl.gc.ca, john.mccallum@parl.gc.ca, jenny.kwan@parl.gc.ca, david.tilson@parl.gc.ca, michelle.rempel@parl.gc.ca, CIMM@parl.gc.ca

and Clerk of CIMM (for distribution to all committee members on the next meeting):

Mr. McCallum

To be honest I have a very slim hope that you will read my email, nor even receiving a response. But I am still writing to you anyway. You are either too busy with your parliamentary and ministerial roles, or letters from concerned citizens can never pass through the filter readers at your constituency offices.

You are too busy touring around the country for national consultation on immigration that you don’t even have time to listen to what and where the real concerns are. You have hold the Minister title for 7 months now and under your watch, here is one of the painful truths! People lie. Numbers don't.

This same status that states “IRCC is processing parental sponsorship applications received on or before November 4, 2011” has been on the official website for more than 2 years, long before the federal election, and long after the federal election, till today. Is anyone working as IRCC management, and the CIMM committees aware of this? The number implies that IRCC is still delaying parental sponsorship for at least 5 years, despite the election promises that family reunification is now your number one priority. Nothing has changed. Absolutely no improvements. Liberals are all about empty promises, aren’t you? Putting that date for years on the website doesn’t make anyone at Minister’s Office feel ashamed because it is a good shield for their inefficiency, so people cannot contact IRCC to follow up on cases status.

Since 2014, the parental sponsorship category has already been capped for annual intake quotas, 5,000-10,000 PER YEAR. Sadly, Government of Canada continues to look at senior immigrants as social burdens, neglecting the fact that if the parents get to come earlier in their productive years they could have worked longer, and contributed into the national tax revenues. FYI, the processing time for parents sponsorship of American citizens is 12 months end-to-end, as opposed to minimum 5 year wait in Canada. Let alone the very obvious situation of nationality preferences in our Canadian system, where some specific races or nationalities are receiving the expedited processing time compared to other parts of the world. Canadian version of parental sponsorship is miserably failed in most aspects: humanity, efficiency, administration, etc. We have an immigration system where government officials can say anything they want on the website, false stats, false dates, misleading promises, without being held accountable by the Parliament. Those working at Minister’s Office, namely Chief of Staff, or Directors of Operations, those who get big paychecks funded by taxpayers are clueless about the process, clueless about immigration policies, and only there to deal with media inquiries for the interests of the department, absolutely helpless toward fixing the broken systems and all the people affected.

Do you even acknowledge and understand what I am talking about, Honorable John McCallum? I am saying all the shining reports that you get from your staff, the concept of “copying what we have done for Syrian refugees” so all family classes can be processed much faster, are all hoax, untrue, unreal and foolish.

You have been misled yourself, sir.

Regards,
(One Canadian citizen that does not even dare to disclose the real full name)
What did you get by writing this??? and what's your point here?
Everyone here are getting SA approval within 6 months time which was close to 4-5 years until last year. Isn't it fast enough?
What you think government will come in power and give visas to everyone who has applied?? don't you think they need time to put everything in place? not only PGP but also spousal visas are getting better. I've seen people getting visa in 4 months these days in outland category for spousal category. Isn't it good enough??

bsz

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
mrwestjet said:

Mr. McCallum

To be honest I have a very slim hope that you will read my email, nor even receiving a response. But I am still writing to you anyway. You ...
There has been lots of improvement recently. The new government works much better than the previous government. The previous government had A..holes such as Stephen Harper and Jason Kenny with their own agenda without caring about what people need. I find it very unfair and even dangerous to judge like this when the new government is less than 1 year old and already done things like increasing PGP to 10K and we can see much faster process.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
MissFrowz said:
Have you called to find out? Maybe you were approved and just didn't receive any communications from them. I was approved in mid June but only got the letter via mail in mid July.
I didn't call but my online status says "Application Received"

mrwestjet

Jul 22, 2016
bsz said:
There has been lots of improvement recently. The new government works much better than the previous government. The previous government had A..holes such as Stephen Harper and Jason Kenny with their own agenda without caring about what people need. I find it very unfair and even dangerous to judge like this when the new government is less than 1 year old and already done things like increasing PGP to 10K and we can see much faster process.
You guys might think “better is enough”. Allow me to remind you that over a year ago, federal courts has ruled that the immigration department has clearly discriminated against parents and grandparents thanks to the formal lawsuit by just one professor. The court’s ruling has benefited thousand people including all of us today because of one man’s job with a different way of seeing things and had the gut to bring it forward at his own cost. Now that the November 4, 2011 timeline has been there for years, how should we cope with it? Why is it not necessary or even dangerous to remind this new government of their duty? I say it “duty” because they came up with the plan, with the numbers, with the promises themselves and so it is their duty to do due diligence to deliver that. We are aware that Minister McCallum himself is an economist, NOT an immigration expert, sometimes things he says on media are not quite accurate in immigration context. His Chief of Staff, Mathieu Belanger is an urban planning expert, in other words, a real estate agent. Yes everyone at Minister’s Office needed time to fit in and to understand the problems. But better yet the Liberals could have placed the senior immigration experts from within their own operations, or hire immigration lawyers to do the jobs for quicker and more focused results. Nobody can tell how long the training will take them to be able to make meaningful changes in this system.
An appeal court has found that the federal government discriminates against parents and grandparents by delaying their immigration processing.

The Federal Court of Appeal ruling this week is a partial victory for Amir Attaran, a University of Ottawa law and medicine professor who applied in 2009 to sponsor his aging parents, both American citizens, to Canada under the family class immigration program.

The parental sponsorship program follows a two-step process: the Canadian sponsor has to be assessed for eligibility before the parents or grandparents can be screened for their permanent residency application.

In 2010, Attaran complained to the Canadian Human Rights Commission, claiming that the program discriminated against parents and grandparents by delaying the processing of their applications.

At the time of his complaint, it took immigration 42 days to screen the sponsors of spouses and children but the same screening took 37 months for those who wanted to bring their parents and grandparents to Canada.

The commission, however, dismissed his complaint, a decision later upheld by a federal judge.

In a ruling released Wednesday, the Federal Court of Appeal said the decision by the human rights commission to dismiss the complaint was unreasonable.

It overturned the lower court decision that there was a “bona fide” justification for the differential treatment. The court referred Attaran’s case back to human rights commission for reconsideration.

“The explanations provided by CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada) confirm that it was differentiating adversely based on family status by treating sponsorship applications for parents more slowly than sponsorship applications for spouses and children,” wrote Justice Wyman W. Webb on behalf of the three-member panel. “As a result, CIC was carrying on a discriminatory practice.”

In dismissing Attaran’s complaint, the human rights watchdog had said it did not appear immigration officials treated the complainant in an “adverse differential manner based on age.” It also concluded that the delays do not deprive parents and grandparents the access to permanent residency.

“There is no reference to undue hardship . . . in the decision of the (human rights commission). There is a reference, though, to the justification being ministerial discretion and a general reference to challenges being imposed on ‘the resource allocation for’ CIC,” said the appeal court decision.

“While this case did confirm the right of the minister (of immigration) to prioritize applications, it did not address the issue of whether such prioritization would result in the practice being a discriminatory practice.”

In his dissenting opinion, Justice David G. Near said the appeal court should defer to the decision of the human rights commission, a specialized administrative body. Ottawa has 60 days to appeal the decision to the Supreme Court.

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i am still waiting to hear from London visa office and i got my SA letter last wk.Nothing after that and cease says only file received.

i guess LVO is one of slow office.

S

Whiteknight101 said:
Can any body predict timeline for the next step at LVO after sponsorship approval obtained and filed transferred to London visa office?

rizwanahmed

Aug 28, 2012
Hi Simp,

I also got the SA last week and file transferred to London Visa Office. Since then no updates and even online status stated 'Application Received'.
Simp said:
i am still waiting to hear from London visa office and i got my SA letter last wk.Nothing after that and cease says only file received.

i guess LVO is one of slow office.

S

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
thecoolguysam said:
I am still waiting for my SA. I am from 9:43 purolator batch
I am with you...keep checking my email and mail. :mad:

kjpo

Jul 7, 2016
I just received my SA today by mail :D and my application was sent to Mexico. Anyone on this forum with the same visa office?

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

do we pay RPRF when we submitted sponsorship application on jan 4th/5th or they send a request later ? i was actually trying to find the receipt of fee that i paid via credit card for my parents application but i could not find it ? do local visa office ask for it later ?

Any thoughts >

s

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
Simp said:
Hi Guys,

do we pay RPRF when we submitted sponsorship application on jan 4th/5th or they send a request later ? i was actually trying to find the receipt of fee that i paid via credit card for my parents application but i could not find it ? do local visa office ask for it later ?

Any thoughts >

s
For RPRF...IRCC sends a request later...this fee is apart from what we sent with th package...you do not need t receipt of the first payment anymore...

rajparvez87

Feb 18, 2012
My dad got an email to go for medical on 22nd July. Application was forwarded to New Delhi office on 10th July. Anybody have any idea how long does it take to process the application after medicals?