IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tucosword said:
Hi jhutti,
I note your point.
However, I'm not fighting.. I'l send the receipts of the supervisa medical done 4-5 weeks ago and trust that it's still on the CIC database and then wait to hear from them if this is inadequate.
In addition, I have emailed the New Delhi office asking for clarification. They acknowledged receipt of my email but suggest a reply will be forthcoming in 30 days. The same time as the medical deadline is. So I'l take my chances. I'm not hiding something, it's just less red-tape and pragmatic.
How long would a delay be as a result of my intransigence?
I think you should go to the same doctor where your Supervisa medical was done and ask him to forward the previous results. That's what I was suggested by the doctor. ( My parents had the Supervisa medical done in March)

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
For those of you who have done PCC in Canada can you share the number of days taken to get it done.
I got it done in an hour at the Regional Police in Mississauga.
Looking at others' feedback I read most of them saying that it takes of 4 to 6 weeks to get the PCC done.

Is PCC same as Criminal Background Check listed on http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/contentonly?vgnextoid=085c83cf89870410VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD&vgnextchannel=90168fb738780410VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD

mhievalencia

May 12, 2014
same here. i received a medical request last July 9 for my mother from the Manila Embassy. Since she had her medical last April for her visitor's visa extension, I asked the doctor's office if we still really need to go for the same medical. she told me that the medical is still valid and I can send the medical paper that my mother received after that appointment. what I did was I wrote a simple cover letter, attached the original medical request from the visitor's visa, new request for the permanent resident and the medical results with the IMM last week.

Today, check my ecas and another line said '3. Medical result have been received'. Finally. I just need to submit the rest of the documents requested last week.

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
Sometime Before August 2017
Hi guys

For all those whose files got transferred to New Delhi
They have asked some original like birth certificate and death certificate of spouse to be sent
How are you guys doing this

Do we need to send originals

Please advise

Thanks

ravskabra

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
IELTS Request
Submitted along with the application
Hello all,
I have applied for my parents in Jan-2016. My credit card was charged in first week of March. But after that I haven't received any AOR or any response from CPC-M.

Is there anyone in same situation like me? I want to understand whether I am still in competition or not..... ???

Need help please.... Any reply is appreciated...

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reachmenow said:
Hi guys

For all those whose files got transferred to New Delhi
They have asked some original like birth certificate and death certificate of spouse to be sent
How are you guys doing this

Do we need to send originals

Please advise

Thanks
We are writing a cover letter to request for the return after needful process. 10 class. 12th class origonal education certificates too. I doubt it will easy to get them back.

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
ravskabra said:
Hello all,
I have applied for my parents in Jan-2016. My credit card was charged in first week of March. But after that I haven't received any AOR or any response from CPC-M.

Is there anyone in same situation like me? I want to understand whether I am still in competition or not..... ???

Need help please.... Any reply is appreciated...
you are still in the competition...I have atleast received AOR...but nothing after that...

Based on your situation, as your CC was charged...that means your application was accepted. Talk to the CIC call center and ask if they sent any AOR or not...similar cases happened in the past for other applicants...and once they called CIC...they were able to receive the AOR number...

But lately I tried calling CIC few times...and they were not very supportive and asked me to wait...as we are within time limit...I would say still try your luck.

laza35

Mar 19, 2015
Hello!

My son will be migrating to Canada in a few days. He will be 16 in December and will be finishing high school there then on to college. I would like it if he could sponsor me by age 18 so that I could continue to be apart of his active life as well as his little sister who it is affecting a lot. I know that at that age he might not be working but I would like to know if another family member of mine who lives there can fill out the affidavit of support along with his sponsorship?

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
laza35 said:
Hello!

My son will be migrating to Canada in a few days. He will be 16 in December and will be finishing high school there then on to college. I would like it if he could sponsor me by age 18 so that I could continue to be apart of his active life as well as his little sister who it is affecting a lot. I know that at that age he might not be working but I would like to know if another family member of mine who lives there can fill out the affidavit of support along with his sponsorship?
Dont think so its possible...but really did not research on this situation...I think your son can sponsor once he starts earning and meet the eligibility for PGP sponsorship...thats like couple of years...as he will have to earn minimum 4 years to show last 3 years minimum income requirement as per the cic guideline.

But I am not an expert...so please do not quote my words regarding your case or situation.

dgpatel

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
06-07-2016
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2018
Felixo said:
For those of you who have done PCC in Canada can you share the number of days taken to get it done.
I got it done in an hour at the Regional Police in Mississauga.
Looking at others' feedback I read most of them saying that it takes of 4 to 6 weeks to get the PCC done.

If your parents are in Canada and Peel regional police have taken their finger prints then it will work. Go to RCMP site and search for steps to obtain certified criminal record, it clearly say that if your parents are not in Canada, you have to take it from RCMP not peel regional police.

My parents are in India but they visited me last year for 2 year on super visa and i am planning to call one of agency mentioned on above link for finger prints. Note i have not received medical or PCC request but just going to enquirer it in advance. My file transferred to NDVO on 6th July.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
laza35 said:
Hello!

Unfortunately it's going to be many years before he will qualify to sponsor you. No - having a family friend complete an affidavit won't help and doesn't change anything. Your son will need to have finished school and need to be working full time for at least four years until he will qualify.

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
dgpatel said:
If your parents are in Canada and Peel regional police have taken their finger prints then it will work. Go to RCMP site and search for steps to obtain certified criminal record, it clearly say that if your parents are not in Canada, you have to take it from RCMP not peel regional police.

My parents are in India but they visited me last year for 2 year on super visa and i am planning to call one of agency mentioned on above link for finger prints. Note i have not received medical or PCC request but just going to enquirer it in advance. My file transferred to NDVO on 6th July.
Thank you so much

Saur

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo..now I guess CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2011
Doc's Request.
June 28, 2013
Nomination.....
14-02-2012
Med's Request
August 13, 2013
Med's Done....
August 15, 2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
21-08-2013 (got the passport back on Aug 30, 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2013
LANDED..........
03-09-2013 @ Rainbow bridge...
Hello all,

Congrats to those who are receiving the Sponsorship Approvals and other updates.

I got the SA on June 29th via regular mail (not sure the reason of receiving via snail mail instead of email). The letter was dated June 13th indicating that file has been transferred to NDVO but I never heard anything since then. Anyone in the similar boat?

Good luck everyone!

Saur

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
laza35 said:
Hello!

Is he moving as PR to Canada?
Either ways he needs to be able to show he has the minimum required income of three preceding years and be a PR/citizen to be eligible financially to sponsor. You are better off applying as a skilled worker to immigrate to Canada instead.