+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

random hero

Star Member
Jul 6, 2016
dowhile said:
Congrats on all of you who saw your case moving along. But I have a question to ask. My app was delivered by VW, as many of you should know, it should be in the very first few batch. My online E-Cas shows App Recieved ages ago, but I have never receive any form of AOR(both regular mail and e-mail), not to mention any update for my case. Should I be concerned? Is there anyone experiencing the same?
If my case is standstill, then that tells me CIC is not working strictly FIFO, just for all of you for the record.

I tried to call the call center everyday, but it was always "we are experiencing high volume of calls..... "stuff, and I seriously doubt it would help me since I don't even know my file number....

Any of you would have any suggestions for me at this point?
Try at different times a day ! sometimes you call now and it tells you "we are experiencing high volume of calls and unable to transfer your call an agent" and if you call one minute later you wont hear that and you will be able to get in.

their contact center phone system is programmed in a way that if they have total number in their queue is = or > to lets say 100 call then their automated system will deny you getting in as a new call however from the moment the calls in queue become lets say 99 or < then they will place you in the phone queue ! so it really depends when you call and how lucky you are but i guess Thursday and Friday is the best chance for you to hit the pot !

i cant believe we are running this forum and we are doing all these efforts to help each other while the government who is collecting ridiculous fees and taxes should be doing this and make everyone's life way easier.

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
random hero said:
Try at different times a day ! sometimes you call now and it tells you "we are experiencing high volume of calls and unable to transfer your call an agent" and if you call one minute later you wont hear that and you will be able to get in.

their contact center phone system is programmed in a way that if they have total number in their queue is = or > to lets say 100 call then their automated system will deny you getting in as a new call however from the moment the calls in queue become lets say 99 or < then they will place you in the phone queue ! so it really depends when you call and how lucky you are but i guess Thursday and Friday is the best chance for you to hit the pot !

i cant believe we are running this forum and we are doing all these efforts to help each other while the government who is collecting ridiculous fees and taxes should be doing this and make everyone's life way easier.
I just spoke to a call center agent...Unfortunately from last 3-4 times, they are denying to provide any information as we are still within the time limit...although they did provide information in the past.

Try the below...once the high volume message is over...just dial the below options one after another...after that the IVR will say try later or will put you in the queue.

CIC Phone#: 1-888-242-2100 (Options: 2,1,3,0)

axen0001

Jan 22, 2016
ac9837 said:
Hi axen001,

Did you got following in your letter as well from your employee?
seems my employee only provide standard info ..

• employment status (regular, part-time, seasonal, on-call, etc.) ( for me they mentioned designation )
• number of hours worked per week
• your cumulative gross earning for the current calendar year ( however this one i can prove latest pay stub which has cumulative summary )

thanks
I was able to get the following:

1. the date employment started
2. employment status
3. number of hours worked per week
4. rate of pay per hour. i am hourly employee. (not management position)
5. cumulative gross earning for the current calendar year

Had to call HR a couple of times to get proper information.

kaka555

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
Felixo,
Tina 16 &
tucasword
your demand for pcc medical and RPRF reached you by mail(letter) or email
as my file transfered to NDVO on June 22 but nothing heard from NDVO uptil now
even my ecas is showing "application received" only.

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
kaka555 said:
Felixo,
Tina 16 &
tucasword
I got it by email, to the applicant's email add

Tina16

Jul 20, 2016
kaka555 said:
Felixo,
Tina 16 &
tucasword
I got the request today by email.

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
Tina16 said:
The email was addressed to my mother but was sent to my email address as that was the one I mentioned on the PR application.
So you have given your email in place of both sponsor and applicant's email id...I did the same too...so you received SA via email or mail?

Tina16

Jul 20, 2016
dchoudh said:
So you have given your email in place of both sponsor and applicant's email id...I did the same too...so you received SA via email or mail?
Yes I put my email address for both sponsor and applicant. I recd the SA by regular mail.

Tina16

Jul 20, 2016
Question for all ex-middle east residents:-
My mother lived in Kuwait for 2 years in early 1980's and for a year in Qatar in early 1990's. She does not remember the exact addresses of both places. Should I mention both countries in the background declaration? If yes, would I need to get the police clearance from both these countries? Please advise.

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
I received the SA and my file is transferred to NDVO. My irresponsible consultant informred me by email today only while she received the SA letter dt.July 07 on July14 by regular mail. Now waiting for further correspondence from NDVO. I hope my Immegration Consultant will not delay forwarding further correspondence to me.

tucosword

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
sapguru said:
Did you already submit one PCC? I think PCC was not required when the PGP Application was filed.
Apologies, I was confusing this application with the supervisa application.
I didn't send a PCC with the parental sponsorship application.
So I need PCC for my parents and also the travel form. The money/fee has been paid with the application originally, and the schedule A was done with the application.\

All I need to do is figure out what address to send it to.. Just like Tina16.

Tina16

Jul 20, 2016
@tucasword. I submitted the background info with the original application too but the info submitted was only for the last 10 years but now they are requesting info since the applicants turned 18 years old. So I would have to resubmit the background info. In the original application did you provide info from the time your parents turned 18 years?

lmazhari

Jan 27, 2016
Just to share my experience for future applicants;
I sent my application from Downtown Toronto for 2016 application. I went to every "Major Courier Service" , since I thought that was the only acceptable way to submit. The only company that guaranteed that the package would get delivered "before noon the next business day" and not "sometime the next business day" was Fedex. So, I went with Fedex, on Dec 31st. I missed the first 5K batch and I was shocked. I made it to the second batch though. I think all the Purolators made it before me. My file was 11:30 (Aprox.) Fedex. If I was gonna do this again, I would study this forum religiously and find out whats the best way to submit for your region. Food luck to the future applicants. You deserve your family around you.

Whiteknight101

Mar 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
Per feb 2012