+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Isobella

Jul 16, 2016
Hi guys,

Need your help with this one.

I am planning to sponsor my mom and sister (18 years old) this January 2017. My spouse will be co-signing. So my family size is 4.
My total income for 2015 as written in line 150 of NOA is $36,963. I studied for a few months and was on EI in 2015. In line 119 of NOA (Employment Insurance and other benefits) I received $7,884.
My question now is, should I put $7,884 under 2014 (form not yet updated) Question 16 (e) of Form IMM 5768 and subtract this amount from my total income in 2015?
Spouse's total income for 2015 is $26,147. We will be eligible to sponsor with a family size of 4 if my EI will not be deducted from our combined income for 2015. I am not just sure if I should include it or not? If it is included then we will not be able to proceed with the application :(

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jian_Letran

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2016
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
tian4738 said:
I sent in december.
Sorry if I'm a bit annoying but what day exactly? Was it last week of December the 30th or the 31st? I sent mine on 31. And was delayed even if it was supposed to be 1 day service. So my question would be what was the exact day you sent your application. Thanks so much.

masoom1

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
citizenship_seeker said:
Hi,

I have a question regarding Option C printout. I am signed up for CRA My Account service online but it only gives me the option for getting Option C print outs for the years 2013, 2014 and 2015. Same is the case when I call their automated number 1 (800) 959-8281. Is there any way to obtain option C print out for the year 2012?
I have asked same, There is no way except calling CRA agent for Option-C specially, web and automated phone si just for last three years, call CRA 1-800-959-8281 and press * as soon voice recording starts, Keep SIN number handy and ask to send 2012,13,14 and you hoefully get in week or 10 days. No other way

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
Jian_Letran said:
Sorry if I'm a bit annoying but what day exactly? Was it last week of December the 30th or the 31st? I sent mine on 31. And was delayed even if it was supposed to be 1 day service. So my question would be what was the exact day you sent your application. Thanks so much.
Should be the December 31st (for next day delivery service)...as 1st was holiday...2nd and 3rd was weekend...so for next day delivery...it would be 4th Jan which would be the first working day of the year.

Your app was delayed...hence it is not ideal situation...as ideally...next working day would have been 4th Jan.

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
Isobella said:
Hi guys,

Need your help with this one.

I am planning to sponsor my mom and sister (18 years old) this January 2017. My spouse will be co-signing. So my family size is 4.
My total income for 2015 as written in line 150 of NOA is $36,963. I studied for a few months and was on EI in 2015. In line 119 of NOA (Employment Insurance and other benefits) I received $7,884.
My question now is, should I put $7,884 under 2014 (form not yet updated) Question 16 (e) of Form IMM 5768 and subtract this amount from my total income in 2015?
Spouse's total income for 2015 is $26,147. We will be eligible to sponsor with a family size of 4 if my EI will not be deducted from our combined income for 2015. I am not just sure if I should include it or not? If it is included then we will not be able to proceed with the application :(

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Only certain EI are considered part of the income or in other words known as "Special Benefits" (Example: Maternity Leave EI and few more)...I am not sure what EI you were part of...hence wont be able to comment.

Looks at the below links....might help...the second link says what all are part of special benefits...if yours is not part of special benefits...then unfortunately...you will probably not be able to sponsor.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/E-5.6/page-12.html#h-14 (Special Benefits)
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sc/ei/sew/faq.shtml#Toc273964220 (Special Benefits)

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
proulx said:
hi PGP, i got my SA last monday via regular mail. the letter dated July 8. i'm from purolator batch too. i hope you'll receive your SA too. best wishes.

-proulx-
Hope so...even I am waiting for my SA :(...Purolator 9.43 batch

Isobella

Jul 16, 2016
Hi dchoudh,

Unfortunately, I was part of EI not under the special benefits :( Thanks for the information though.

One more question/clarification please...

Under Financial Evaluation Form IMM 5768:

8. Minimum necessary income is $45,206 for family of 4
9. Total income available to sponsor which indicates, "If this amount is less than the amount of the minimum necessary income above, you do not meet the sponsorship eligibility requirements. Do not send your application."

2015 is $55,226
2014 is $67,733
2013 is $ 65,229

Do you think we could still sponsor since our 2015 income is not below the MNI on number 8?

tian4738

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Jian_Letran said:
No worry,I understand your concern. I remember it was Dec 31. In fact I checked with purolator in advance and confirmed with them which day is ok for PGP mail.

2016PGP

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 7, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Jun 15, 2016
Med's Request
July 7, 2016
Med's Done....
July 15, 2016
dchoudh said:
Why all these BIGGGG History against my post:)...I simply asked which courier because...based on the sequence in which the apps were delivered by courier companies...CIC is charging, SA and forwarding to VO accordingly for the VO to request for IME etc...kind of First come...First serve policy...so supreetsingh sent via Canada post "delivered@10:47am"...so from this we can roughly get an idea about apps that CIC is processing now...thats all what i meant... ;)

2016PGP

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 7, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Jun 15, 2016
Med's Request
July 7, 2016
Med's Done....
July 15, 2016
2016PGP said:
People have been asking this question since Jan 4, It's time to tell what I observed. I was in Toronto on Saturday Jan 2,2016, to hire a local courier to handle my application. On January 3, Sunday afternoon, I drove to CPC-M office building to find out what it looks like. Time was about 2pm, parked my car walked into the lobby, there were a table and a sign have been setup by CPC-M staff. Two people were in the lobby from the courier called happy road. They were there already to set up lineup! Shortly after, one more guy came in to put his courier's name on the list and MORE importantly, they organized very well by asking who you are? And reinforced that if you put the name of courier on the list, you MUST be in the lobby at All time! " May I go the washroom or buy a coffee?" " Of course , please make sure you have your sub to come or no more than 5 minutes you have to come back!" That was I heard their conversation about the rules!

I left and called my courier what I just saw, my courier guy showed up right away shortly after with two people as they wanted to make sure they can rotate to take break.

Came back to CPC-M building at 4am in the morning on Monday Jan 4, 2016. Wow, the lineup list had more the one page and couriers were all there since they chatted each other and they all know what courier they represent, the METRO guy and VW guys are particularly good at keeping the record on the list turned away some individuals and even some small courier who just wanted to sign up then go away sleeping hours back to work! They reinforced that It has to be registered courier with waybills, CPC-M won't let you go upstairs even you were upstairs , they won't accept your package, and you just waste your time and risk yourself, sounded like they were trying to scare people or make more money in their pockets, but they were absolutely right. CPC-M did turn someone away upon they found out later in the morning after office opened. I was in the lobby saw a couple were trying to sign their courier name on the list as the guy wasn't able to come before 7am, they were told "no"! The couple had to call their courier to find out and said the guy won't be there as he was 3 hours away on the way to Toronto. Someone tried to lie and saying he or she is the courier but don't have waybill(s). Don't even try it. CPC-M did turn them away! They did!

I asked my courier if I can go upstairs with them, they said NO, but they promised me to give my waybill with CPC-M stamp on it right away after if I can wait in the lobby. Of course I agreed,

Went back lobby around 7am, the lobby was packed with couriers, building security staff, and they were ready to go on 2 elevators. The VW guys asked security and CPC-M staff to make sure they keep tracking the lineup list on 8th floor, I DID hear the conversation and heard the guy his name "Glen" who is supervisor of CPC-M said" YES! We will do!"

I was waiting in the lobby and more foot traffic after 8am since it's an office building and people came back to work in the new year.

My courier met me in the lobby as what they promised and I got my waybill with CPC-M stamp on it. However we found it was not clear and no signature and time on it!! They said "no problems at all as CPC-M staff just did on every package they received today. You might try go upstairs with your waybill ask them to write time on it." So I did !

Taking elevator to get up to 8th Floor, the time was around 8:45am, the 8th floor security stopped me, I explained to him and showed my waybill. He brought me to the area where all CPC-M staff were accepting packages. The security asked me to wait as he had to ask the staff for instructions. While waiting in the hallway on 8th floor, I saw the same guy - the supervisor who was talking to a person with a few packages in hand alone with another security. The person might realize he was too late and will miss 5000 quota, so insisted to ask the supervisor to take his packages instead. Glen says "Sorry, I can not, you have to lineup and we respect everybody. ...." . Wow, the person asked " May I know your name? " the Glen replied who he is. Interesting, the courier simply put all packages on the table beside him and left!!!! Wow!! I was interested in seeing what was the next? No doubt. the supervisor says to the security who witnessed, saying he is going to run to mail room right away and Mail these packages back to the senders! Make you think what courier you go with and how they handle your case? those poor people who chose the courier!! Point taken?

By the time a lady-CPC staff came over simply wrote the time on my waybill also explained to me as they were trying to speed up the process today, the stamps are all the same.

UPS, FEDEX, CANDAPOST (CP):

By the time I was waiting on 8th floor around area, it was about 9:00am. I saw 4 tables CPC setup with at least 7 or 8 staff seating there accepting packages while other staff transport stocked boxes to storage, Actually it was almost no lineup at all except UPS, FedEx CP were unloading their mail bags, UPS has the most bags guessing more than 20 bags with approximately 200 for each, as I did ask one of two ups guys one looks like asian, FedEx was ahead of ups unload their packages from one cart on one of CPC tables while many ups mail bags were still on the floor, two ups folks had to open every mail bag dump all packages out, CPC asked them to sort out -making sure they can stamp on the side with address on the envelopes, man! It took time to do the job! - all about 4000 applications packages from UPS alone have to be sorted out then put on tables then waiting for stamps!! People, if you used UPS services to deliver your application, lucky you if your case was in the first mail bag they unloaded and sorted on CPC tables. Or might be in the last bag while FedEx and CP packages were unloading on other different tables at same time! Again, points taken!

Conclusion for the big threes, by 9am Jan 4, 2016. the FedEx guy was already standing by the table to get all stamps, the ups just got their ALL bags on the 8th floor from two UPS trucks in the parking lot, CP was the last one on the 8th floor to get there while ups guys opening their first few mail bags, but keep in mind. All threes were unloading their packages at same time PERIOD on 3 separate CPC tables, or there is absolutely NO answer to those individuals what exact time / batch for your envelope to be on the CPC-M's table and stamped.

Points there: 1. CPC staff are humans and friendly, they are respective and fair to everybody on January 4th at CPC-M, 2. Make sure you use local courier - the ones you can trust ! 3. How do big couriers handle your packages and how they deliver 4. People blame on local couriers for charging fees, remember they charge fees to make sure YOUR packages to be delivered on time you asked for or they promised. They were up all night in the lobby no washrooms and had to confront with some line jumpers and or some your unexpected issues on YOUR behalf !! 5. If your parents grandparents case REALLY not worth $100-$200 to be there in time, it's your personal choice apparently.

To those hard working honest passionate local couriers who were in the CPC- M building lobby and UP all night : Keep up good job! you changed someone's life forever!- in a positive way!

2016PGP

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 7, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Jun 15, 2016
Med's Request
July 7, 2016
Med's Done....
July 15, 2016
2016PGP said:
Can't find someone to help you read this twice:

"Conclusion for the big threes, by 9am Jan 4, 2016. the FedEx guy was already standing by the table to get all stamps, the ups just got their ALL bags on the 8th floor from two UPS trucks in the parking lot, CP was the last one on the 8th floor to get there while ups guys opening their first few mail bags, but keep in mind. All threes were unloading their packages at same time PERIOD on 3 separate CPC tables, or there is absolutely NO answer to those individuals what exact time / batch for your envelope to be on the CPC-M's table and stamped. "

If you were asking or wanted to get your so called the "sense" of which "Batch" is ahead or behind to the others? Above statement is the answer for you.

If your app is in Big Threes mail bags, there is NO WAY you can get "Sense" of what you are talking about. ALL big threes made up almost 7000+ packages, the fact is they flooded in CPC on 3 tables, almost the SAME TIME period

Thanks LB government for taking extra 5000 this year, otherwise the majority of Big three customers could have missed the boat.
on the other hand, People used those front line local couriers don't need to ask or think about if they can make the 5000 or 10000, AOR, SA, LVO ...and so on.... only thing they have to think twice is if their applications are complete or not.

FYI DCHOUDH

2016PGP

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 7, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Jun 15, 2016
Med's Request
July 7, 2016
Med's Done....
July 15, 2016
dchoudh said:
Hope so...even I am waiting for my SA :(...Purolator 9.43 batch
FYI, we used local courier, recieved SA, IME and other additional docs including fee payment have been sent back to LOV today.

myYahoo

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-09-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-03-2014
Passport Req..
17-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2014
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Received instructions for family class for additional documents request.

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
I got an email this morning from NDVO for PCC (not medicals). It doesn't state the address to be sent to or the number of days allowed for me to submit the documents. Any idea?? Is it stated in Medicals form