+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can submit it online if form says that it is the option.

S

myYahoo said:
I received question again to submit father death certificate

Should I submit this online or copy to send in mail?

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
Sometime Before August 2017
June 27 Sponsorship approved, PR Application status changed to In Process.

no News of medical / email yet from NDVO..

hoping for the best ..

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
I tried calling cic no 1 888 242 2100 but could not.I only heard you could hang up (then Dial tone) or call latter. I am in Canada till July 08 and if I hear my Sponsorship Approval during my stay it will be great gift from Canada.Let us hope for the best soon.

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
dadaum said:
I tried calling cic no 1 888 242 2100 but could not.I only heard you could hang up (then Dial tone) or call latter. I am in Canada till July 08 and if I hear my Sponsorship Approval during my stay it will be great gift from Canada.Let us hope for the best soon.
Dial the CIC number and the below options once the initial high volume message is over...might take you some time to get in the queue...once you are in the call queue...do not drop off...and someone would help you look at your file. Just spoke to a CIC rep now...mine is still not approved and is under review...I am from Puralator 9.43 batch...

CIC Phone#: 1-888-242-2100 (Options: 2,1,3,0)

tranSASK

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
citizenship_seeker said:
Hi,

I got the sponsorship approval in mail. The file has been transferred to LVO New Delhi. I think the next steps will be a request for medical and PCC. My mother is with me here in Canada and she is the only applicant in my file. I think I can get a PCC from the CGI Vancouver. I was wondering how long is the validity of the PCC? Can I apply for PCC now even before I have not received any request for it since the processing takes 4-6 weeks?

Hey buddy , i am in same boat like you . Sponsorship approved , did the status change in your cic account? is it in process yet ? thanks

Garry1970

Jan 23, 2016
Status changed to "in-process" today.
Sponsor Eligibility approval received on June 23th.
File was transfered to Tel-Aviv.

Fingers crossed

citizenship_seeker

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes the status change to "In Process" but no new line added. When i click on it i see just the one line for application received on Jan 4th...

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
dchoudh said:
Dial the CIC number and the below options once the initial high volume message is over...might take you some time to get in the queue...once you are in the call queue...do not drop off...and someone would help you look at your file. Just spoke to a CIC rep now...mine is still not approved and is under review...I am from Puralator 9.43 batch...

CIC Phone#: 1-888-242-2100 (Options: 2,1,3,0)
Thank You dchoudh I had a talk with CiC call center agent and no news yet.

citizenship_seeker

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have another question. My SA has been done and file has been transferred to NDVO. But I got married this year after sending the application so I called CIC to update the marital status. They asked me to send a FAX to CPC-M as well as to NDVO which is OK. But I am worried about is that since now I have one more dependent will my file be re-evaluated for financial evaluation? Although my income is good enough to support three people but I wonder if they will send my file back to CPC-M or just at NDVO itself they can see that I still meet the sponsorship criteria and keep on working on the file as usual.

citizenship_seeker

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry guys.. one more question.. this is regarding PCC.. My mother is here in Canada and I have to get a PCC for her.. is it possible that I get the PCC from India (this can be done in absentia.. i confirmed) ... I know I can obtain PCC from CGI Vancouver but they will take her passport and god knows how long they will take to process and my mother has to travel to USA soon... Will CIC accept the PCC from India even though my mother is in Canada/USA.

r3su1

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
For those who have received requests for medical exam and PCC, after received the requests, did CIC show the requests online such as saying "we've sent you the requests and we are waiting for your reply within certain period of time." I am afraid of mail lost. I requested change of mailing address by eform but no updates online after five business days.

JL2015

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
r3su1 said:
For those who have received requests for medical exam and PCC, after received the requests, did CIC show the requests online such as saying "we've sent you the requests and we are waiting for your reply within certain period of time." I am afraid of mail lost. I requested change of mailing address by eform but no updates online after five business days.
Hi guys, I just received the Sponsor Approval letter today July 4th. My application was received January 4, 2016.

I was wondering when will I receive the medical exam request and PCC request? My parents are currently in Canada. Can they do the medical exams here? Also, what is "PCC"? I've seen this term many times in this forum.

I am going to giving birth to my 4th child in couple of weeks. How can I change the status (birth of a child)?

Lastly, anyone has idea approximately how long will it take for parents to receive PR status once we received the sponsorship approval & transfer?

Thank you so much for your help!

JL

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
citizenship_seeker said:
I have another question. My SA has been done and file has been transferred to NDVO. But I got married this year after sending the application so I called CIC to update the marital status. They asked me to send a FAX to CPC-M as well as to NDVO which is OK. But I am worried about is that since now I have one more dependent will my file be re-evaluated for financial evaluation? Although my income is good enough to support three people but I wonder if they will send my file back to CPC-M or just at NDVO itself they can see that I still meet the sponsorship criteria and keep on working on the file as usual.
Your file would be re-evaluated for financial evaluation at NDVO and wont be sent back to CPC-M. NDVO will be checking and will do the needful.

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
citizenship_seeker said:
Sorry guys.. one more question.. this is regarding PCC.. My mother is here in Canada and I have to get a PCC for her.. is it possible that I get the PCC from India (this can be done in absentia.. i confirmed) ... I know I can obtain PCC from CGI Vancouver but they will take her passport and god knows how long they will take to process and my mother has to travel to USA soon... Will CIC accept the PCC from India even though my mother is in Canada/USA.
Not sure about India...but rule at Indian Embassy in Canada (Toronto) is ...once you apply for PCC at Indian Embassy, they keep your passport...and you can give a written application (providing valid justification/reason) and take back your passport...but while your PCC is in process...you cannot leave Canada during that time (even if you get your passport back from the embassy by giving a written request)...also when the PCC is issues...they stamp your passport...so you have to submit your passport during issuance of PCC.

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
JL2015 said:
Hi guys, I just received the Sponsor Approval letter today July 4th. My application was received January 4, 2016.

I was wondering when will I receive the medical exam request and PCC request? My parents are currently in Canada. Can they do the medical exams here? Also, what is "PCC"? I've seen this term many times in this forum.

I am going to giving birth to my 4th child in couple of weeks. How can I change the status (birth of a child)?

Lastly, anyone has idea approximately how long will it take for parents to receive PR status once we received the sponsorship approval & transfer?

Thank you so much for your help!

JL
Yes, they can do medical exam here in Canada from a CIC approved/registered doctor.
PCC stands for Police Clearance Certificate.
You have to email CIC with your newborn's details like Birth Certificate...they will let you know if they need any further infrmation.
Probably within a year from medical request...as medical request is valid for a year...and within that year...from medical request...your parents will generally have to do landing.

Hope this helps.