+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

xxrjulia

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
supreetsingh said:
Regarding RPRF fees do the cic charge to credit card automaticaly like cc is on already on file or we have to pay by going to cic fees online??
paid online and submit the receipt with other requested docs.

Anon2016

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
Called Chinese Embassy yesterday to ask if a Police Clearance Cert (PCC) can be done for my mother-in-law who is visiting us for a few months from China. i.e. Can a person apply for PCC in Canada if person is visiting Canada for a few months but resides outside. (Just wanted to know the procedure in case a PCC is requested by CIC.) They say that they do not do this in Canada. In researching this some more found that not all countries provide a PCC via their embassy/consulate office.
Is anyone with a similar issue and found a solution? Thanks!

Mesohilo

Jan 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
File Transfer...
29-06-2016
Simp said:
Hi everyone,

Just received in email to submit print of option C for 2012/13/14 at the following address

CPC Mississauga / CTD Mississauga
PO BOX 6100, Station A / CP 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON L5A 4H4
For fastest service, you may send the requested information/document(s) via the Case
Specific Enquiry form at the following link:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Do i need to send the originals of Option C which i got from CRA already or i can send it in the scan form as well as they mentioned via web enquiry form ??

Secondly it also says

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on
behalf of ( my father name )and family (if applicable). We are not able to process your
application as it is incomplete. You are missing the following.

My mom is on the application as well so this is automatically understood as a family of my father ???

Thanks

S
got a similar e-mail. called them and the agent said that if the letter stated I could upload, upload was fine and I did not need to mail the originals.

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
2016PGP said:
Hi S.H.K, I'm my mom's rep, and so far, AOR, SA were all sent to me. The note you posted here from CIC website is the same on the AOR letter and I read and posted it here before . The reason I changed my Mom's home address and mailing address to Canada, is also based on CIC's requirement; (You should notify CIC if you moved ( or something like that... as my Mom is in Canada with me on 10 years SV, valid for 2 years per entry ), I assume if she returned to her home country I should change the address accordingly, but it all depends on how long she is going to be and come back ...

Changing address online is easy and fast, my case took 5 business days to show up the updated address on her E- Case.

Her E-case Status has changed to " PR in process ", but haven't received an email from LVO regarding IME and so on yet, noticed on 2016 SS, it shows a few days difference in between " PR In Process " and " required IME ... ". Hope my observation is correct and will have another email from LVO soon to do the IME and so on.
Thank you so much for your message. My parents live in Korea. I never received an official AOR but got SA email on June 3. I haven't received any other email or mail after that and I'm just concerned that IME/PCC request might have been sent directly to my Dad. If it was by mail, he wouldn't ignore it and would tell me, but if it was sent to his email, because he doesn't understand English, he might have considered it as spam or the email might have gone into Spam Folder.. I haven't warned him yet and I guess I should tell him to pay attention to any email in English and let me know. I hope we didn't miss any message from CIC..

Should I still change their home address to mine although they are in Korea? If I change it to Canada, would CIC expect my parents to get their medical exams done in Canada or wouldn't it matter?

tulipo4ka

Star Member
Oct 18, 2015
Just got of the phone with CIC!! My sponsorship application was approved yesterday, June 27, and
is transferred to Tel-Aviv!
Whohoo! Super excited, didn't expect this will happen so soon! :)))))
(9:19 Fedex batch)

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
Sometime Before August 2017
dadaum said:
Reachmenow please see comparative chart in 2015 stastics.NDVO is much faster than Otawa.
thanks a lot dadaum, I sincerily hope so , to the very least at least the 4 year sponsorship approval itself has been reduced to 6 months so at leas tthats reduced.

now lets see how long new delhi will take.

thanks

irinako

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
tulipo4ka said:
Just got of the phone with CIC!! My sponsorship application was approved yesterday, June 27, and
is transferred to Tel-Aviv!
Whohoo! Super excited, didn't expect this will happen so soon! :)))))
(9:19 Fedex batch)
Congratulations!
Do you already have the In-Process status in eCAS?

tian4738

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Anon2016 said:
Called Chinese Embassy yesterday to ask if a Police Clearance Cert (PCC) can be done for my mother-in-law who is visiting us for a few months from China. i.e. Can a person apply for PCC in Canada if person is visiting Canada for a few months but resides outside. (Just wanted to know the procedure in case a PCC is requested by CIC.) They say that they do not do this in Canada. In researching this some more found that not all countries provide a PCC via their embassy/consulate office.
Is anyone with a similar issue and found a solution? Thanks!
google "canada police clearance", there is procedure how to get PCC from different country. In canada, we need get it from RCMP

Anon2016

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
tian4738 said:
google "canada police clearance", there is procedure how to get PCC from different country. In canada, we need get it from RCMP
Thanks Tian. I did Google that as well as speak with folks that do the fingerprint scanning and also CIC. They all cover how to get a Chinese PCC when you are in China, not when you are in Canada and want to get a Chinese PCC. As I understand RCMP can only do PCC for Canada, and the fingerprinting companies can provide a scanned paper copy (which is accepted and required by some police agencies) these companies provide the RCMP with electronic scanned images of the persons fingerprint, but China does not have such a fingerprint requirement for PCC.

Michi08

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, I checked my ecas today and it says In - process on my mom's PR application status, but I never got any Email or letter from them about AOR or SA. Kind a stranged.

Hi Rossie, kindly add me to the SS, my info is on my signature. Please and thank you.

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah i was able to upload as well.

Let us see when is the next step.

Would it be sponsorship approval ??

S

Mesohilo said:
got a similar e-mail. called them and the agent said that if the letter stated I could upload, upload was fine and I did not need to mail the originals.

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Hello Everyone,

We got an email from CIC asking for the death certificate of the spouse of the principal applicant. We will be sending the scanned copy by email. But the options they have for the type of selections don't match as the principal applicant is in Canada on Super visa.

The only field that matches in the drop-down menu related to the PR of parents is:

"Sponsorship application - Sponsor/Children/Parents/Grandparents reside outside Canada"
(I don't know if it is okay to select it as the Principal applicant is in Canada)

Another option is "In-Canada - Protection Persons"
(I am not sure what the above means..)

Can you help me in selecting the option?
Thank you

2016PGP

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 7, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Jun 15, 2016
Med's Request
July 7, 2016
Med's Done....
July 15, 2016
Felixo said:
Hello Everyone,

We got an email from CIC asking for the death certificate of the spouse of the principal applicant. We will be sending the scanned copy by email. But the options they have for the type of selections don't match as the principal applicant is in Canada on Super visa.

The only field that matches in the drop-down menu related to the PR of parents is:

Sponsorship application - Sponsor/Children/Parents/Grandparents reside outside Canada
Another option is In-Canada - Protection Persons

Can you help me in selecting the option?
Thank you
CIC asked you to do so... is it in stage BEFORE the sponsorship approval or after SA? in other word, LVO asked you or PGP-M ?

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
The Case Specific Enquiry form on CIC website says
"You may use this form if: You have submitted an application.
Your application has exceeded normal processing times. We will not respond if your application is within normal processing times".
The email sent by CIC yesterday states that:

But the email that we got yesterday states,
Please send the documents/information to the address listed below:
Officer YH FC-4
CPC Mississauga / CTD Mississauga
PO BOX 6100, Station A / CP 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON L5A 4H4

For fastest service, you may send the requested information/document(s) via the Case Specific
Enquiry form at the following link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

As the 2016 applications are within the normal processing time, I am confused if I can send it by email.
Do you think it is okay to send the scanned copy first and the originals by post later.