18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Regina said:
What I noticed and read on the internet usually approving a sponsor takes 4-6 weeks. And approving a family member at VO takes months.
You are confusing spousal sponsorship with Parents/Grandparents sponsorship.
Most 2014 applicants got the sponsorship approval in March 2016. Almost 2.5 years
Most 2015 applicants got the approval in May/June 2016. Almost 1.5 years.

2016 applicants seems to be getting their approvals in June 2016. About 6 months. So it is an indication that CIC is getting more streamlined in their processing.

Parents/Grandparents stream has been very slow. I know of someone who just got his parents PR approved (SA and General application) after 6 years (2010 applicant).

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
And here I thought that he was joking. :eek:

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Rossei said:
And here I thought that he was joking. :eek:
What I dont get is why everyone wants their application to be processed in Ottawa? It looks to me that processing in VO is faster based on Hong Kong and New Delhi!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
_MK_ said:
What I dont get is why everyone wants their application to be processed in Ottawa? It looks to me that processing in VO is faster based on Hong Kong and New Delhi!
Lot of parents are living with their children in Canada with TRV/SV. And perhaps, there is no one left in their home country to check their mailbox regularly. Furthermore, I don't know if you noticed that Ottawa doesn't ask for a long list of docs as NDVO does. If I were Indian, I would have definitely wanted my mom's file to stay in Ottawa in order to avoid producing a log list of additional docs (I won't be able to manage half of it). I would rather face a little delay of few months. Now, I hope that SVO doesn't follow NVDO.

Ottawa proved to be a faster LVO for 2009-11 cases. For post-2011 period, Ottawa started taking more than half (just a prediction) of the PR files which would have gone outside Canada and doing so, it got stuck and hence deems slow. It may pick up in near future, who knows!

jesa

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
Lot of parents are living with their children in Canada with TRV/SV. And perhaps, there is no one left in their home country to check their mailbox regularly. Furthermore, I don't know if you noticed that Ottawa doesn't ask for a long list of docs as NDVO does. If I were Indian, I would have definitely wanted my mom's file to stay in Ottawa in order to avoid producing a log list of additional docs (I won't be able to manage half of it). I would rather face a little delay of few months. Now, I hope that SVO doesn't follow NVDO.

Ottawa proved to be a faster LVO for 2009-11 cases. For post-2011 period, Ottawa started taking more than half (just a prediction) of the PR files which would have gone outside Canada and doing so, it got stuck and hence deems slow. It may pick up in near future, who knows!
Hello Rossie

How about Manila Visa Office? In your point of view....thanks

BQM

Dec 31, 2015
9:19 FedEx - Got the sponsorship approval letter on 23rd June. File is transferred to CPC-Ottawa instead of LVO.

Not sure why they transferred to CPC-Ottawa instead of LVO? May be because my parents are here on TRV.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
jesa said:
Hello Rossie

How about Manila Visa Office? In your point of view....thanks
So far, Manila has 6 transfers (0 from 2014 + 2 from 2015 + 4 from 2016) and both 2015 applicants have already received IME/PCC request. So, it's doing pretty good.

Historically, most immigrants come from China and rest of East Asian countries (Philippines, Cambodia, Vietnam, Korea etc.), Sub-continental countries (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh), Some Middle-Eastern countries (Syria, Libya, Jordan, Palestine, Lebanon), Eastern-European region and few South-American places.

Therefore the following LVO's were always busy and super-slow dealing with various Canadian applications for multiple countries:
New Delhi
Hong Kong
Singapore
Manila
London

CIC must have initiated streamlined processing for PGP and hence you see some files are staying with Ottawa and these LVO's acting faster.

Lavanda

Jan 6, 2016
Rossei,
Do you have any history regarding Moscow office?
Fedor from 2014 listed for this office but it seems like he hasn't updated his info. Based on his posts he got medical and police cert. request from Ottawa.
Any other that you can remember?

Thank you for all your help!

jesa

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
So far, Manila has 6 transfers (0 from 2014 + 2 from 2015 + 4 from 2016) and both 2015 applicants have already received IME/PCC request. So, it's doing pretty good.

Historically, most immigrants come from China and rest of East Asian countries (Philippines, Cambodia, Vietnam, Korea etc.), Sub-continental countries (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh), Some Middle-Eastern countries (Syria, Libya, Jordan, Palestine, Lebanon), Eastern-European region and few South-American places.

Therefore the following LVO's were always busy and super-slow dealing with various Canadian applications for multiple countries:
New Delhi
Hong Kong
Singapore
Manila
London

CIC must have initiated streamlines processing for PGP and hence you see some files are staying with Ottawa and these LVO's acting faster.
Thank you Rossie

I have same situation my Mom is here with me, almost a year, under TRV ( 6 mos. plus 6 mos. extension) Extension will be ended Sept 2016. I'm planning to file for another extension, coz no one will take good care to her anymore back home. The idea of asking CIC to transfer my Mom file to Ottawa, i dont know, If it is good or bad, i know when you call CIC they will not give you an answer, they will leave the situation it's up to me, but I'm definitely open for suggestions. BTW my mom done medical for extension application...Thanks again

RNJ

Jan 4, 2016
Rossei said:
All the abbreviations are listed in the Glossary section of 'Info' sheet in the SS.

Anyway,
IME/ME = Immigration Medical Exam
PCC/PC = Police Clearance Certificate

Thank you Rossei!

2016PGP

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 7, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Jun 15, 2016
Med's Request
July 7, 2016
Med's Done....
July 15, 2016
jesa said:
Thank you Rossie

I have same situation my Mom is here with me, almost a year, under TRV ( 6 mos. plus 6 mos. extension) Extension will be ended Sept 2016. I'm planning to file for another extension, coz no one will take good care to her anymore back home. The idea of asking CIC to transfer my Mom file to Ottawa, i dont know, If it is good or bad, i know when you call CIC they will not give you an answer, they will leave the situation it's up to me, but I'm definitely open for suggestions. BTW my mom done medical for extension application...Thanks again
Just my personal opinion,

It looks like the CIC starts showing some progress, we should understand that
1. Whenever there is new "system" changes especially in the early stage, staff use them always take times to get this systems better or they learn how to use the system more efficiently. each module of system can be similar or entirely different than the other or old ones. The individual CIC staff example the call centre staff might not have in depth knowledge about the whole picture, also the specific question we asked them everyday. If your IT person, you will know what I meant.

2. The Ottowa or the rest of LVO, which is faster than the others, it's hard to tell simply again, because the processing system became globally don't quote me on this as past experience definitely can be good reference, but might no be more reliable in some cases.

3. The concept of " Transfer" is no long the old school - physical paper work shipping around globally by couriers, the files in the CIC computer systems "cloud?"the VO staff can login work on from everywhere in the world based on their access code and files assign to them. Even you call air canada to claim luggage lost it will be someone in Indian to handle that for you. Point taken?

4. It might be delays in some cases the reasons can be totally complicated with multiple factors. Example the addeess change: if CIC has forwarded the file to LOV based on the "home address" it actually base on the "Nationality" of the applicant, that is why we see some one's Canadian address on file in the original form in the first place but files is still going to home region LVO, and confused by in home country address but file is in Ottowa

Long story short, people who have case numbers in hand and files have been assigned, take break, relax, changing address to your Canadian address is not something difficult to do, "if you want to be "EXTRA CERTAIN" wondered you r going to miss correspondence from CIC," this is what I was told by CIC agent .

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
Has anybody else received the following email (I got it today morning):

"UCI: ........
Application No.: F00.........
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear ....... ..............,

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2016/01/04.
......"

This is the ONLY email we (both my father and I) received from CIC since AOR letter from February. The email is signed by LVO. The online PR-status shows: "In process".

Is it the letter confirming the transfer to LVO or what? Should I call CIC to ask about my Sponsorship approval letter?
Thanks everyone in advance!

jesa

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2016PGP said:
Just my personal opinion,

It looks like the CIC starts showing some progress, we should understand that
1. Whenever there is new "system" changes especially in the early stage, staff use them always take times to get this systems better or they learn how to use the system more efficiently. each module of system can be similar or entirely different than the other or old ones. The individual CIC staff example the call centre staff might not have in depth knowledge about the whole picture, also the specific question we asked them everyday. If your IT person, you will know what I meant.

2. The Ottowa or the rest of LVO, which is faster than the others, it's hard to tell simply again, because the processing system became globally don't quote me on this as past experience definitely can be good reference, but might no be more reliable in some cases.

3. The concept of " Transfer" is no long the old school - physical paper work shipping around globally by couriers, the files in the CIC computer systems "cloud?"the VO staff can login work on from everywhere in the world based on their access code and files assign to them. Even you call air canada to claim luggage lost it will be someone in Indian to handle that for you. Point taken?

4. It might be delays in some cases the reasons can be totally complicated with multiple factors. Example the addeess change: if CIC has forwarded the file to LOV based on the "home address" it actually base on the "Nationality" of the applicant, that is why we see some one's Canadian address on file in the original form in the first place but files is still going to home region LVO, and confused by in home country address but file is in Ottowa

Long story short, people who have case numbers in hand and files have been assigned, take break, relax, changing address to your Canadian address is not something difficult to do, "if you want to be "EXTRA CERTAIN" wondered you r going to miss correspondence from CIC," this is what I was told by CIC agent .
Thanks a lot 2016PGP

Good insight...very much appreciated. :)

caboy808

Feb 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone please share ideas or experience of getting CIC/LVO to change to email correspondence method from physical mail? Thanks a lot!

irinako

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Luda345 said:
Has anybody else received the following email (I got it today morning):

"UCI: ........
Application No.: F00.........
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear ....... ..............,

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2016/01/04.
......"

This is the ONLY email we (both my father and I) received from CIC since AOR letter from February. The email is signed by LVO. The online PR-status shows: "In process".

Is it the letter confirming the transfer to LVO or what? Should I call CIC to ask about my Sponsorship approval letter?
Thanks everyone in advance!
Hi Luda,
I think this is just an acknowledgment letter from your LVO that they received the application.
What LVO is that? Isn't it Kiev by chance?