23-06-2016
Med's Request
November 2016
Med's Done....
December 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2017
MissFrowz said:
The visa office for Russian citizens is Warsaw. Congrats on the approval!
Thank you!

JuliaSan

Dec 15, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2016
AOR Received.
02-02-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
November 2016
Med's Done....
December 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2017
jilloid said:
I received the SA today by email. Application was forwarded to LVO (Manila). Problem is that my mom has been here in Canada for 3yrs now. Her mailing address in the application was our address here in Canada but they still forwarded her application to Manila. The address in her ECAS is our Canada address too. Anyone in the same situation?
I contacted call center today & advised me to contact Manila office thru the webform to transfer her application to Ottawa. Hoping this will not cause delay in her application.
I have similar situation. My mom here in Canada and here last address is here but they still send it to Poland. I hope they will transfer the application to Ottawa automatically but would like to know for sure.

JuliaSan

Dec 15, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2016
AOR Received.
02-02-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
November 2016
Med's Done....
December 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2017
MissFrowz said:
The visa office for Russian citizens is Warsaw. Congrats on the approval!
Do you know does it mean my mom will have to go to Warsaw? Or they will transfer it to Ottawa? Thank you!

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
JuliaSan said:
Do you know does it mean my mom will have to go to Warsaw? Or they will transfer it to Ottawa? Thank you!
She won't have to go to Warsaw. You will probably just have to send the additional documents that they request to the Warsaw office via email and when you get PPR you can ask to send the passport to Ottawa for visa stamping instead of to Warsaw.

caboy808

Feb 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So what's next...?

Questions: Now that the file is transferred to LVO, will the LVO contact my parents directly from there? or Will I be cc'd on future correspondences? I'm anxious about any missed correspondences since CIC had never used email provided to them from the beginning. BTW mine got transferred to HK.

Thanks a lot for your help!

JuliaSan

Dec 15, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2016
AOR Received.
02-02-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
November 2016
Med's Done....
December 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2017
MissFrowz said:
She won't have to go to Warsaw. You will probably just have to send the additional documents that they request to the Warsaw office via email and when you get PPR you can ask to send the passport to Ottawa for visa stamping instead of to Warsaw.
Hopefully you are right! Thank you

RNJ

Jan 4, 2016
Rossei said:
Generally, no.

I exactly can't quote/refer the rule, but, one has to have a valid medical report when s/he lands in Canada. It means that your IME should still be within the 12-month period when you're landing in Canada as a PR. Hence, CIC tries to stamp the passport while the IME is still valid and then gives you the remaining validity period to land. That's why people see a 30 day (for example) deadline when they receive PR Visa.

PCC is not required to land as far I know. This is sort of background check before making final decision. But CIC can ask for PCC again for whatever reason they think reasonable (I'm just making stuff now!).
We just received the sponsorship approval letter and file transferred to COlombo, Sri LAnka. Can someone update it for me pls. it's UPS 8.31 Batch name RNJ.

I have a question, Everyone is talking about ME, PC, IME,PCC

I don't understand these abreviations, can someone please say the actual words so I know what you guys are talking about.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
jilloid said:
I received the SA today by email. Application was forwarded to LVO (Manila). Problem is that my mom has been here in Canada for 3yrs now. Her mailing address in the application was our address here in Canada but they still forwarded her application to Manila. The address in her ECAS is our Canada address too. Anyone in the same situation?
I contacted call center today & advised me to contact Manila office thru the webform to transfer her application to Ottawa. Hoping this will not cause delay in her application.
Wow! You could be the first one who is attempting to transfer the file back to Canada. Let us know how it goes.

BTW, there is a lot of people here (applicants from 2014 up to 2016) who are in the same situation like yours. Furthermore, CIC says in the SA letter that PR file is transferred to an LVO based on applicant's home address (not mailing address). But again, they demand that it has become so global that CIC can move the file around anywhere in the globe; so you might be lucky.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
RNJ said:
We just received the sponsorship approval letter and file transferred to COlombo, Sri LAnka. Can someone update it for me pls. it's UPS 8.31 Batch name RNJ.

I have a question, Everyone is talking about ME, PC, IME,PCC

I don't understand these abreviations, can someone please say the actual words so I know what you guys are talking about.
All the abbreviations are listed in the Glossary section of 'Info' sheet in the SS.

Anyway,
IME/ME = Immigration Medical Exam
PCC/PC = Police Clearance Certificate

r3su1

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
ml2001 said:
thanks!

Yes i received the sponsorship letter on June 3, indicating that my case is transferred to HK LVO. it was also an emailed PDF. i think the key is that i put in my mailing address and email in the "contact info" portion of IMM0008 (page 2).
Did they ask for copy or original of hukou?

r3su1

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
My mom's visiting visa and her passport are both going to expire in July 2017. If she gets a new passport now, can she enter Canada with two passports (the old one with visa and the new one without) before July 2017? Or does she need to apply a new visa with her new passport now?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
r3su1 said:
My mom's visiting visa and her passport are both going to expire in July 2017. If she gets a new passport now, can she enter Canada with two passports (the old one with visa and the new one without) before July 2017? Or does she need to apply a new visa with her new passport now?
If she renews her PP, she has to enter with 2 passports (old one will be INVALID anyway with a valid visa). Normally, visas don't expire with passports.

r3su1

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Rossei said:
If she renews her PP, she has to enter with 2 passports (old one will be INVALID anyway with a valid visa). Normally, visas don't expire with passports.
Thanks a lot!

ahrpk

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Good morning everyone

Finally got the Sponsorship approval yesterday. I am from Happy Road Express Jan 4, 8.21am lot. File is forwarded to Singapore. My parents visited canada thrice and currently living here in Canada under TRV.

We were blessed with a baby this month. I guess I have to update this information with CIC. Do I need to update it to Singapore office? There is a webform in the website-should I just type a description there? Or I have to attach any document (i.e. birth certificate of the baby or any form)?

Thanks in advance