+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Daniala

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
I just joined this forum.

This year, I submitted two sponsorship applications: one for my parents and another for my mother-in-law. I used VW courier. I got the sponsorship approvals on Feb. 1, 2016 for both applications. Mind you, I am from Quebec, which means I now have to submit document to the Quebec government for the actual undertaking application and the CSQs.

Both files have been forwarded by CIC on June, 3, 2016 to LVO in Ankara. The application for my mother-in-law went "In Process," as of June, 15, 2016. The medicals, RPRF, police certificate were then requested for my mother-in-law on June, 17, 2016.

For my parents, there was no news after the transfer. The E-CAS for my parents still shows only "Application Received." I cannot really understand this. The application numbers for both files are something like F*****1 and F******2. How can they open the first application, and not open the next one in a week after that? Anybody has any thoughts on this?

uzairkhan31

Jan 4, 2016
Got the sponsorship approval for my grandmother and the file has been transferred to London. However, since applying, we were able to bring her to Canada on a Super Visa and she will be here for the next two years. As soon as she landed, I submitted a request to change her address both online and by mail in hopes that the LVO would be Ottawa instead. However, it still came in as London. Is there anything I can do to switch it to Ottawa? Should I bother?

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
_MK_ said:
GOT SA letter today for my parents.
Purolator 9:43 batch.
File moved to Ottawa. Address for my parents on file is the home country address and they only visited me twice in the past 4 years for 2-3 weeks each time.
No Change in status in ECAS yet but it usually takes a few weeks to show the latest in my experience.
Hurreyyy...so happy to hear "Purolator 9:43 batch":)

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Hi forum members,
I submitted as part of the Metro Mississauga batch. I haven't received any communications from CIC after the AOR email in Feb. I logged into ECas today with my information and under PR application status says in process, but sponsorship status still says application received. When I log in with my mum's information it also says in process for her PR application. Anyone with the same situation?

ainpfamily

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
_MK_ said:
GOT SA letter today for my parents.
Purolator 9:43 batch.
File moved to Ottawa. Address for my parents on file is the home country address and they only visited me twice in the past 4 years for 2-3 weeks each time.
No Change in status in ECAS yet but it usually takes a few weeks to show the latest in my experience.
Congrats.... how did you got the letter?

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
MissFrowz said:
Hi forum members,
I submitted as part of the Metro Mississauga batch. I haven't received any communications from CIC after the AOR email in Feb. I logged into ECas today with my information and under PR application status says in process, but sponsorship status still says application received. When I log in with my mum's information it also says in process for her PR application. Anyone with the same situation?
Same here and no communicaton from CIC besides AOR on Feb 1. PR-status: in process.

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Luda345 said:
Same here and no communicaton from CIC besides AOR on Feb 1. PR-status: in process.
Okay, glad I'm not the only one. I ordered my file notes on a week or so ago, so I'll wait and see what they say.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
MissFrowz said:
Hi forum members,
What does it say when you click "In Process" in your mom's E-Cas? It may have info on when/where your file was transferred. Most likely, (1) you were approved as sponsor, (2) your mom's file was transferred to LVO and (3) LVO already started processing her PR app.

Read my post re: this here.

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Rossei said:
What does it say when you click "In Process" in your mom's E-Cas? It may have info on when/where your file was transferred. Most likely, (1) you were approved as sponsor, (2) your mom's file was transferred to LVO and (3) LVO already started processing her PR app.

Read my post re: this here.
It doesn't have any addition information. Just the same line that the application was received on Jan 4, 2016. Just checked with my mum and she hasn't received any correspondence either. I'll call in some time next week and see if I can get an update.

vitlen

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Rossei said:
Medicals are valid for 12 months. When CIC asks one to do medical, they try to stamp the visa within that period. If it's delayed for some reasons, CIC may ask for another medical later.
Is the same true for the PPC? They might ask for a new one if 6 month past since it's date of issue before the passport is stamped?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
vitlen said:
Is the same true for the PPC? They might ask for a new one if 6 month past since it's date of issue before the passport is stamped?
Generally, no.

I exactly can't quote/refer the rule, but, one has to have a valid medical report when s/he lands in Canada. It means that your IME should still be within the 12-month period when you're landing in Canada as a PR. Hence, CIC tries to stamp the passport while the IME is still valid and then gives you the remaining validity period to land. That's why people see a 30 day (for example) deadline when they receive PR Visa.

PCC is not required to land as far I know. This is sort of background check before making final decision. But CIC can ask for PCC again for whatever reason they think reasonable (I'm just making stuff now!).

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
ainpfamily said:
Congrats.... how did you got the letter?
Received the email this morning. Actually got it twice once at 7:56am and once at 8:26 am.

vitlen

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Rossei said:
Generally, no.

That's why people see a 30 day (for example) deadline when they receive PR Visa.
I thought 30 day is the deadline for submitting IME.
Isn't it one year to do the landing?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
vitlen said:
I thought 30 day is the deadline for submitting IME.
Isn't it one year to do the landing?
I said it as an Example.

Again, FOR EXAMPLE,
Someone does medical on 01-Jun-2016. CIC receives it whenever. Later, CIC stamps PR Visa on his/her passport on 01-Feb-2017. CIC will indicate to the PR applicant that s/he has 120 days (4 months) to land (because his/her medical will expire in 31-May-2017).

r3su1

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
ml2001 said:
I received the first correspondence from HK LVO today asking for PC/IME/Hukou etc. two things to note:

1. it came via email. I am the rep and sponsor for my mom, and i put my email address as hers in the original application form. CIC HK did not send letters to her Chinese address. this should address some of the concerns/discussions regarding surface mail getting lost in China.

2. it still shows "in process" as of June 14 in the website. the PC/IME request came a little over one week after the "in process".

A question - does this mean that my mom will have to land in Canada within 120 days of her medical? I actually did not expect it to be this fast - happy nonetheless..

thanks!
Thanks a lot! You eased my mind!