+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

r3su1

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
2016PGP said:
Hi Please read this below, Rossei has instructions on how to ..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tips-for-2016-future-pgp-applicants-t333951.4470.html

"Click START on Step-3 of this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp#canada "
Have you got SA yet? I got it and the file has been transferred to LVO outside of Canada. So I thought I cant use the "In Canada" method?

2016PGP

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 7, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Jun 15, 2016
Med's Request
July 7, 2016
Med's Done....
July 15, 2016
r3su1 said:
Have you got SA yet? I got it and the file has been transferred to LVO outside of Canada. So I thought I cant use the "In Canada" method?
You bet!!

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello again ,

i got an embolic communication only from CIC that they have received the application to sponsor my parents and nothing else.So this is what we get normally or there must be an AOR separately as well.

Those who are receiving the sponsorship approval letter are going time wise as applications were deposited or randomly ?

S

ml2001

Jun 5, 2016
I received the first correspondence from HK LVO today asking for PC/IME/Hukou etc. two things to note:

1. it came via email. I am the rep and sponsor for my mom, and i put my email address as hers in the original application form. CIC HK did not send letters to her Chinese address. this should address some of the concerns/discussions regarding surface mail getting lost in China.

2. it still shows "in process" as of June 14 in the website. the PC/IME request came a little over one week after the "in process".

A question - does this mean that my mom will have to land in Canada within 120 days of her medical? I actually did not expect it to be this fast - happy nonetheless..

thanks!

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
I believe medicals are valid for 1 year, not 120 days.
Have you received Sponsorship letter approval? I am asking because I have "in process" status but no emails from CIC (.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
GOT SA letter today for my parents.
Purolator 9:43 batch.
File moved to Ottawa. Address for my parents on file is the home country address and they only visited me twice in the past 4 years for 2-3 weeks each time.
No Change in status in ECAS yet but it usually takes a few weeks to show the latest in my experience.

ml2001

Jun 5, 2016
Luda345 said:
I believe medicals are valid for 1 year, not 120 days.
Have you received Sponsorship letter approval? I am asking because I have "in process" status but no emails from CIC (.
thanks!

Yes i received the sponsorship letter on June 3, indicating that my case is transferred to HK LVO. it was also an emailed PDF. i think the key is that i put in my mailing address and email in the "contact info" portion of IMM0008 (page 2).

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
ml2001 said:
A question - does this mean that my mom will have to land in Canada within 120 days of her medical? I actually did not expect it to be this fast - happy nonetheless..

thanks!
Medicals are valid for 12 months. When CIC asks one to do medical, they try to stamp the visa within that period. If it's delayed for some reasons, CIC may ask for another medical later.

ml2001

Jun 5, 2016
Rossei said:
Medicals are valid for 12 months. When CIC asks one to do medical, they try to stamp the visa within that period. If it's delayed for some reasons, CIC may ask for another medical later.
Thanks Rossei!

irinako

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
_MK_ said:
File moved to Ottawa. Address for my parents on file is the home country address and they only visited me twice in the past 4 years for 2-3 weeks each time.
No Change in status in ECAS yet but it usually takes a few weeks to show the latest in my experience.
Great news for all Purolator-9:43 applicants :) :)
Congrats and Thanks for sharing!

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
_MK_ said:
. Congratulations to you and parents and a ray of hope for Purolator 9/43 batch.Good luck to everyone.

lsaba

May 31, 2016
super visa medical has not been sent to embassy

Since I am new member to this forum, I was reading all the posts and admired with the experts reply and guidance. This forum really helped me to understand and find out certain things before I submit the super visa applications for my parents. My question is , my parents did their medical at the same time in June 13 , 2016 and my mother's medical was passed and my father medical still shows review in progress. I was wondering what happened to my father's medical as both of them did at the same time with the same doctor. I contacted the hospital where they did their test and after 10 days I found out that they have not forwarded to my dad's medical to embassy yet and the panel physiscian on vacation. what do I do ? Please help. your valuable advise would be helpful.

ahrpk

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Good morning everyone

Finally got the Sponsorship approval yesterday. I am from Happy Road Express Jan 4, 8.21am lot. File is forwarded to Singapore. My parents visited canada thrice and currently living here in Canada under TRV.

We were blessed with a baby this month. I guess I have to update this information with CIC. Do I need to update it to Singapore office? There is a webform in the website-should I just type a description there? Or I have to attach any document (i.e. birth certificate of the baby or any form)?

Thanks in advance!

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Re: super visa medical has not been sent to embassy

lsaba said:
Since I am new member to this forum, I was reading all the posts and admired with the experts reply and guidance. This forum really helped me to understand and find out certain things before I submit the super visa applications for my parents. My question is , my parents did their medical at the same time in June 13 , 2016 and my mother's medical was passed and my father medical still shows review in progress. I was wondering what happened to my father's medical as both of them did at the same time with the same doctor. I contacted the hospital where they did their test and after 10 days I found out that they have not forwarded to my dad's medical to embassy yet and the panel physiscian on vacation. what do I do ? Please help. your valuable advise would be helpful.
You dont have to do anything. The doctor's office is responsible for sending it. You just have to wait.