+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

ABD12345

Dec 4, 2015
Felixo said:
I had two questions. Please let me know if you have any information regarding the same:

I heard that the appointment with a physician might take time. I am currently in Canada on Super visa.
Can I get the medicals done prior to the sponsorship approval email as it will be valid for 12 months.. As I am diabetic and have BP, do I need to show the prescription to the panel physician. If that is the case, I will need to make arrangements to get the prescription.

If you don't mind please let me know if I need to do PCC. I have been here since one year.
I don't know much about medicals, other experts of the forum like Rossie and Soonihope would be able to answer you.

As for PCC, you would need it for every country you lived in for 6 months or more. So for Canada, yes.

ps1957

Oct 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ABD12345 said:
Sponsorship approval goes to Sponsor i.e. Your son.
I am the principal applicant and my application was in the first 5000.
After charging of CC (in my som's account) in mid-Jan, ECAS was activated but till date there is no AOR or any other information from CIC.

My son tried contacting CIC helpdesk, but the lady answering the call told him that there is a customary 18 months' gap between filing the application and providing information, and said that they cannot provide any information now.

Is it true?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Felixo said:
I had two questions. Please let me know if you have any information regarding the same:

I heard that the appointment with a physician might take time. I am currently in Canada on Super visa.
Can I get the medicals done prior to the sponsorship approval email as it will be valid for 12 months.. As I am diabetic and have BP, do I need to show the prescription to the panel physician. If that is the case, I will need to make arrangements to get the prescription.
You can do IME in advance. But it can be an issue re: where/how/when/whom to send the report. I wouldn't recommend you to do medical until your file is transferred to LVO as LVO deals with Medical/PCC etc. I've shared this link to IME in the SS where it states what you need to bring to a panel phyisician: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

If you don't mind please let me know if I need to do PCC. I have been here since one year.
By default, you will require to submit PCC from each country you lived for more than 6 months. But Canada is an exemption. LVO will explicitly tell you if you need "Criminal Record Check" from Canada. Read here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Thanks Rossei.

Rossei said:
You can do IME in advance. But it can be an issue re: where/how/when/whom to send the report. I wouldn't recommend you to do medical until your file is transferred to LVO as LVO deals with Medical/PCC etc. I've shared this link to IME in the SS where it states what you need to bring to a panel phyisician: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp
By default, you will require to submit PCC from each country you lived for more than 6 months. But Canada is an exemption. LVO will explicitly tell you if you need "Criminal Record Check" from Canada. Read here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
As I am in Canada I can get the PCC here but do I need to get another one from India. If yes, then I am just wondering how I can get it.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Felixo said:
As I am in Canada I can get the PCC here but do I need to get another one from India. If yes, then I am just wondering how I can get it.
If you're an Indian Citizen and lived there for more than 6 months, then you will definitely need a PCC from India. You can do so within Canada by contacting your Indian Embassy located here.

digandhi

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London - LBM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Oct 2014
Nomination.....
18 Jan 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
Med's Request
28 Aug 2015
Med's Done....
04 Sep 2015
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2015 and Submitted on 02 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passport received back 09 Oct 2015
LANDED..........
Landed in Dec 2015
Felixo said:

As per my knowledge, you may need to get PCC for all countries where you have stayed more than six months in Last 10 years.

If you are in Canada then you need to apply at Indian consulate for PCC. I think, It takes 2-3 weeks to get PCC.
visit link for more info:
http://www.cgitoronto.ca/content/police-clearance

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
I'm a 2016 PGP applicant.
I have already submitted the original option-c printouts along with my application but I have been requested to submit them again.
what could be the reason??

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
digandhi said:
As per my knowledge, you may need to get PCC for all countries where you have stayed more than six months in Last 10 years.

If you are in Canada then you need to apply at Indian consulate for PCC. I think, It takes 2-3 weeks to get PCC.
visit link for more info:
http://www.cgitoronto.ca/content/police-clearance
As it is mandatory to have the PCC from India and as it would take 2 to 3 weeks, can I do the PCC at BLS prior to the letter from CIC (the way upfront medical is done).

And do we need to send the PCC (Indian) and Canadian by post?

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Felixo said:
As it is mandatory to have the PCC from India and as it would take 2 to 3 weeks, can I do the PCC at BLS India and in Canada prior to the letter from CIC (the way upfront medical is done).

digandhi

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London - LBM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Oct 2014
Nomination.....
18 Jan 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
Med's Request
28 Aug 2015
Med's Done....
04 Sep 2015
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2015 and Submitted on 02 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passport received back 09 Oct 2015
LANDED..........
Landed in Dec 2015
Felixo said:
As it is mandatory to have the PCC from India and as it would take 2 to 3 weeks, can I do the PCC at BLS prior to the letter from CIC (the way upfront medical is done).

Re-Yes, It will be fine, if you are applying at BSL.
We can apply anytime for PCC but it is valid for six months only so it totally your choice when you want to apply.

Re- I would advice wait for any letter from CIC asking for PCC. Normally, CIC mentions in letter how they are expecting you to send PCC either by post or by Email-in some cases. I would always use traceable service if they ask original by post

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
Felixo said:

PCC in general is requested as "Original" by CIC...so you have to send it via post...unless CIC says that they can accept copy of PCC...

citizenship_seeker

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Congrats everyone on getting the sponsorship approval. But I am wondering why are they sending applications after that to Ottawa? Should not they send it to the respective country's consulate? like India or China etc.?

Another question... how does one find out that he/she is in first 5000 CAP? My ECAS has been updated for a while to show "Application received". My fee payment (via certified cheque) was also processed successfully on 28 January 2016 (the bank confirmed it). But I have not received any AOR either via email or via physical mail. Is it possible for Canada post to have lost the AOR? My application was sent via UPS on Jan 4, 2016, 8:36 AM (Signed by ADUSEI).

Another thing is that I do not seem to have permission to update the data in the spreadsheet by Rossei. My name is already there, just want to update the payment acceptance date.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
citizenship_seeker said:
Hi All,

Congrats everyone on getting the sponsorship approval. But I am wondering why are they sending applications after that to Ottawa? Should not they send it to the respective country's consulate? like India or China etc.?

Another question... how does one find out that he/she is in first 5000 CAP? My ECAS has been updated for a while to show "Application received". My fee payment (via certified cheque) was also processed successfully on 28 January 2016 (the bank confirmed it). But I have not received any AOR either via email or via physical mail. Is it possible for Canada post to have lost the AOR? My application was sent via UPS on Jan 4, 2016, 8:36 AM (Signed by ADUSEI).

Another thing is that I do not seem to have permission to update the data in the spreadsheet by Rossei. My name is already there, just want to update the payment acceptance date.
You are in first batch and there are quite a few who didnt receive AOR. First batch of 5k all had payment acceptance dates before mid March I believe.

Applications are sent to CPC Ottawa if it is a straight forward case. This is based on reading comments as CIC do not close why. There is nothing to worry in either case.

U have to update the new info in New Entry page of the spreadsheet. No one other than the author has access to the timeline page. There are instructions on how to update on Info page of the spreadsheet. Take some time to read that.