+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
r3su1 said:
She only has certificate of divorce (in Chinese). Should I ask her to notarize it in English and Chinese? Will it be good enough?

Advice please!
All documents need to be translated into English or French

r3su1

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
soonihope said:
All documents need to be translated into English or French
Hi soonihope, do you know if CIC will for sure ask for it or it is just randomly asked for? Will the notarization (in both English and Chinese) be good enough?

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
r3su1 said:
Hi soonihope, do you know if CIC will for sure ask for it or it is just randomly asked for? Will the notarization (in both English and Chinese) be good enough?
There is always a possibility the divorce certificate is requested so having a translated version on hand will save time.
A notarized translation will be absolutely fine.

cdnrics

Aug 8, 2011
Need help ..i received this email today saying my mother has to fill these 2 forms also IMM5669 & 5406 bearing original signature within 30 days. My Dad is principle applicant. In IMM5669 sche A background , who suppose to sign on page 4 @ declaration of applicant , Dad or Mom ?

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
sevenseconds77 said:
Hi,

I received the same email yesterday .

It says "You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in CPC-Ottawa for further processing. This visa office was selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act"

My question is

1. Does that mean we are in Stage 3 of processing.
2. ECAS still shows as Application Received.
3. My parents were in Canada when the app was submitted but now they have gone back to the home country. Would that affect processing as the file is in Otttawa.
4. Is Ottawa considered the same as transfer to LVO.

Thanks much and appreciate.
Hi

Would you be able to log into E-CAS under your parent's UCI and check if their addresses are set to Canada or your home country?

Thanks.

Alissa

Jun 9, 2016
For those who have received the sponsorship approval via email from CIC - can you please share the CIC email address. Maybe then we all can take a note of it and add it to our contact list to avoid the email being delivered to junk/spam folders when we get the same email from CIC.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Alissa said:
For those who have received the sponsorship approval via email from CIC - can you please share the CIC email address. Maybe then we all can take a note of it and add it to our contact list to avoid the email being delivered to junk/spam folders when we get the same email from CIC.
Instead
You can create filter (Never send to spam, mark as important etc.) in your email settings for the following domain:

sevenseconds77

Nov 25, 2015
dbss said:
Hi

Would you be able to log into E-CAS under your parent's UCI and check if their addresses are set to Canada or your home country?

Thanks.
Hi

Under Parents UCI ? I have just one UCI, which I use to check in ECAS, and it is under my name not my parents. Is there another way to check besides this.

I checked ECAS and it shows the Canadian Address and not the home country. Is that a good thing or not.

Question :

From the trends, do we know which LVO is faster is it CPC Ottawa or LVO Home country ? I see the LVO home country has already reached out to applicants for IME, PCC etc...

Also should we get the PCC and IME in advance to save time or wait until CIC requests for it. Have any of you guys already got it.

Thank you

sevenseconds77

Nov 25, 2015
Rossei said:
Instead
You can create filter (Never send to spam, mark as important etc.) in your email settings for the following domain:
From CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca

sevenseconds77

Nov 25, 2015
Rossei,

I am looking at the SS for 2014, 15 and 16. Particularly the tab "Info"

2014 SS says " In 2014, they took first 14,000 applications for 10,000 Cap"
2015 SS also says the same as above
and of course 2016 says " In 2016, they took first 14,000 applications for 10,000 Cap"

I know for a fact in 2016, they took 14,000 applications for 10,000 cap, HOWEVER I think the previous years 2014 & 2015 perhaps the cap was 5000 and not 10,000. Please correct me if wrong.

Any idea how many applications were received / processed in 2011 and 2010.

Many thanks

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
sevenseconds77 said:
Hi

Under Parents UCI ? I have just one UCI, which I use to check in ECAS, and it is under my name not my parents. Is there another way to check besides this.

I checked ECAS and it shows the Canadian Address and not the home country. Is that a good thing or not.
You can check E-Cas with your PA's UCI# (if s/he has any). Alternately, you can use Application# or File# with your PA's Last Name/DOB etc. The address on their E-Cas can be different.

Question :

From the trends, do we know which LVO is faster is it CPC Ottawa or LVO Home country ? I see the LVO home country has already reached out to applicants for IME, PCC etc...

Also should we get the PCC and IME in advance to save time or wait until CIC requests for it. Have any of you guys already got it.

Thank you
Ottawa used to be faster. But you're right, it seems like other LVO are working faster nowadays.
You can do IME and PCC in advance. But remember that IME is valid for 12 months and PCC is for 6 months.

sevenseconds77

Nov 25, 2015
Rossei said:
You can check E-Cas with your PA's UCI# (if s/he has any). Alternately, you can use Application# or File# with your PA's Last Name/DOB etc. The address on their E-Cas can be different.

Ottawa used to be faster. But you're right, it seems like other LVO are working faster nowadays.
You can do IME and PCC in advance. But remember that IME is valid for 12 months and PCC is for 6 months.
Thanks Rossei for your inputs.

I did check ECAS using my parents application no (I did not know you can do that) and it has the same Canadian address.

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
cdnrics said:
Need help ..i received this email today saying my mother has to fill these 2 forms also IMM5669 & 5406 bearing original signature within 30 days. My Dad is principle applicant. In IMM5669 sche A background , who suppose to sign on page 4 @ declaration of applicant , Dad or Mom ?
IMM5669 & 5406: These two forms...we should submit seperately for principal applicant and dependent...so each of these forms should be submitted separately for your dad and mom...i believe you have already submitted for your dad as he is the principal applicant...but not for your mom...so now CIC wants these forms to be filled up for your mom too...hence your mom needs to sign these two forms as it will have info about your mom's Family and Background Info...

IMM5771E and 5772 "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5772ETOC.asp" says as below...

Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)

Who needs to fill out this application form?

This form must be completed by:

You, as the principal applicant,
Your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
Your dependent children aged 18 or over (whether accompanying you to Canada or not).

Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)

Who must fill out this application form?

This form must be completed by:

you, the principal applicant;
your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
your dependent children aged 18 years or older (whether accompanying you to Canada or not).

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
Rossei said:

Agree with Rossei...

If you check with application number and your parents details (or your parents UCI# and your parents details)...you will probably see your parent's home country address...

At the same time if you check with application number and your details (or your UCI# and your details)...then you will see your Canada home address as it then shows your home address and not your parents...

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
sevenseconds77 said:
Thanks Rossei for your inputs.

I did check ECAS using my parents application no (I did not know you can do that) and it has the same Canadian address.
Oh I missed this note...so please ignore mine:).