03-06-2016
Med's Request
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Interview........
Not required
dchoudh said:
Completely agree with your explanation Rossei:).
Thank you ( &Rossi) for your explanation. I was not that optimistic. Let's for the best. Let's hope for another round of good news very soon then. :)

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
so far I see that VO Ottawa is selected randomly or does anybody know for a sure shot way?

Which VO is better New Delhi or Ottawa?

kartt

Jun 7, 2016
dbss said:
so far I see that VO Ottawa is selected randomly or does anybody know for a sure shot way?

Which VO is better New Delhi or Ottawa?
I don't think it is randomly selected. It has something to do with when your parents were when you submitted the application as well as how long they had been at that location. My parents were here in Canada for over half a year when I submitted, so their files were transferred to Ottawa. That's the HOME ADDRESS they are referring to in the email/letter. I am not sure exactly how long they need to be in Canada for their files to be transferred to Ottawa though.

As to which VO is better, by looking at how many were transferred to Ottawa and how many were transferred to other offices, I would say, local ones in your own country are much better. I looked at all 2014, 2015 and 2016 excel sheets, more were transferred to Ottawa than other offices.

kartt

Jun 7, 2016
vitlen said:
Why? Is it only about processing times or something else?
That's just my assumption. No real base though. I just looked at the 2014, 2015 and 2016 files, there are much more being transferred to ottawa than to other offices, which means Ottawa has to deal with more files, which may take longer time.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
kartt said:
I don't think it is randomly selected. It has something to do with when your parents were when you submitted the application as well as how long they had been at that location. My parents were here in Canada for over half a year when I submitted, so their files were transferred to Ottawa. That's the HOME ADDRESS they are referring to in the email/letter. I am not sure exactly how long they need to be in Canada for their files to be transferred to Ottawa though.

As to which VO is better, by looking at how many were transferred to Ottawa and how many were transferred to other offices, I would say, local ones in your own country are much better. I looked at all 2014, 2015 and 2016 excel sheets, more were transferred to Ottawa than other offices.
I do not think any VO is better than any other. CIC likely makes a decision when do a initial review about how complex the application is. If they think that the application is simple and it is just a matter of validating all the documents provided (medical, PCC etc), then they send it to Ottawa. So applications with one parent or retired parents, etc likley fit the bill. If they believe that the application requires expertise from the local VO for some reason, they forward it there. Could be to do with particular jobs or travel history...

Ottawa is the largest office and has the most resources and experienced staff. One of the main ways the government is using to reduce the backlog and speed up the process if by sending as many applications as possible to Ottawa.

feelfreetoadviceme

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received another mail from CIC re approval of my sponsorship for my parents :). File moved to Ottawa based on my location ::). Not sure what does it mean but crossing my figure for the BEST. :D. Don't wanna JINX but CIC is moving fast Guys REALLY. ;D

vitlen

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
feelfreetoadviceme said:
Received another mail from CIC re approval of my sponsorship for my parents :). File moved to Ottawa based on my location ::). Not sure what does it mean but crossing my figure for the BEST. :D. Don't wanna JINX but CIC is moving fast Guys REALLY. ;D
Unbelievable! Congrats and thanks for your update!!!

2016PGP

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 7, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Jun 15, 2016
Med's Request
July 7, 2016
Med's Done....
July 15, 2016
vitlen said:
Unbelievable! Congrats and thanks for your update!!!
Congrat!!! Is it the post mail or email?

canpuneet

Feb 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2009
Doc's Request.
05-03-2009
AOR Received.
20-02-2009
File Transfer...
05-03-2009
Med's Request
18-03-2010
Med's Done....
05-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2010 PP Sent 13-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2010
LANDED..........
01-10-2010
Congratulations! Did you send Option C printout with your application?

My friend who applied with me for 2 applications received a request to provide Option C printout for 2012,13,14. No update on her other application or mine all of which were received together. My question is, why is CIC asking for Option C printout when they had indicate that we could send NOA OR Option C printout?

If we did not send Option C printouts, should we expect a similar request from CIC?

2016PGP

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 7, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Jun 15, 2016
Med's Request
July 7, 2016
Med's Done....
July 15, 2016
canpuneet said:

My friend who applied with me for 2 applications received a request to provide Option C printout for 2012,13,14. No update on her other application or mine all of which were received together. My question is, why is CIC asking for Option C printout when they had indicate that we could send NOA OR Option C printout?

If we did not send Option C printouts, should we expect a similar request from CIC?
Imo, it might be case by case, if the sponsor(s) just meet the minimum income cut off / slightly over the threshold, and /or compare those 3 years income NOAs show big difference, keep in mind, the forms ask the details of employment history which is also considered.

I sponsor single parent and have same job in past 10 years, even my boss is the same, but I still called CRA lately to request 3 years Option C printout just in case IRCC asks me for it.

Over the phone with CRA agent, she says the option C is just more details/break down how the NOA numbers calculated. If IRCC asked option C rather than NOA, it could the reason, and, for security reason, the government understand the year of 2014 NOA online print out doesn't show complete SIN number, it shows "XXX XXX 123", I asked if it will be a problem, she said no, they all know .

I'm still waiting the SA at this time, will keep folks posted, thanks for sharing your experiences and helping each other.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
canpuneet said:

I wrote a detail post re: OptionC vs NOA few days back. You can check it. In a nutshell, if CIC asks for OptionC, do not try to suffice it with NOA or anything else.

Also, it's a good idea to order OptionC from 2012 to 2015 and keep them handy in case CIC asks.