+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

ya61x

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
SoClose said:
I exactly felt the same way. I even thought maybe somebody has hacked their system. Unbelievable :)
Felt the same day here as well. i got the approval letter on Jun 3rd. Before I read it, I thought they were going to ask me to send the addition documents.

Ddun

Jun 3, 2016
CIC website says the following on processing of applications for Parents or grandparents

Working on applications received on or before November 4, 2011

Therefore, the assignment of handful of files we saw yesterday to Ottawa office may not mean much.

Ksana

Jan 21, 2016
Ddun said:
CIC website says the following on processing of applications for Parents or grandparents

Therefore, the assignment of handful of files we saw yesterday to Ottawa office may not mean much.
I agree

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
Ddun said:

Don't believe the CIC website completely as it is not upto date...we have proof that few people from 2015 batch...their application already got approved.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Ksana said:
What happens after the application gets approved?

Are there med exams or interviews?
After SA,

LVO generally asks for Medical, PCC and additional docs (if required). For example, New Delhi (India) asks for marriage/birth cert, voter id etc. from parents, educational certificates for dependents. After you submit these, the next step is to wait for PPR. It may include RPRF if not asked/paid before. You send passport and they will send it back to you with PR Visa. The visa is valid as long as the medical is. FYI, PCC is valid for 6 months and Medical is valid for 12.

SoClose

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
File Transfer...
03-06-2016
Med's Request
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Interview........
Not required
dchoudh said:
Don't believe the CIC website completely as it is not upto date...we have proof that few people from 2015 batch...their application already got approved.
Could you please explain what you mean? What do you mean when you say "few people from 2015 batch...their application already got approved." approved meaning they already received their PR? and is this related to Ottawa LVO?

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
looking to 2014 applicants it took avarage 27 months to get sponsorship approved while it took 16 months 16 months for the same while our batch started geting sponsorship approval in just 5 months.It is great.But it is worth it is worth studying what is the criteria for selection of Sponsorship approval?

Let us wait and watch for all of us pray almighty for speedy processing.
Good Luck to all of us.

ml2001

Jun 5, 2016
Hello folks, I just registered for this forum. I sent in my parent application first batch Jan.4 to CPC Mississauga, CC was charged the following week, and got letter (emailed PDF) with application number on Feb.1.

On June 3, I got the emailed PDF letter (with UCI and barcode) stating "you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor". I take that this means it is approved.

I live in Ottawa and my parent in northern China. The application is sent to the visa office in Hong Kong for "further processing". My parents have visited Canada twice before and their 5-year visitor visa is still valid at this time, they have no supervisa.

will post if there is any progress. again, appreciate the many useful info here, and some very good analysis. i could not have gotten in line for the first 5k without this forum.

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
SoClose said:
Could you please explain what you mean? What do you mean when you say "few people from 2015 batch...their application already got approved." approved meaning they already received their PR? and is this related to Ottawa LVO?
What I meant is...people who applied in 2015...few of their application are already approved and sent to LVO or Ottawa for
final (Stage 3) processing. Please look at the below link that is created and maintained by Rossei...and you will be able to understand better. Approved means their application is now at the final stage but yet to receive PR. Related to Ottawa and/or other visa offices at home country of applicants.

Hope this helps.

2015 PGP: http://goo.gl/S2SPwf

Ma.

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
MrNobody said:
Guys, me too!!! I was dumbstruck on seeing that letter from CIC! How did we get it so soon?! Do they have some filtering system in place that quickly processes the easiest, most genuine looking applications based on parents already in Canada or been in Canada and back to home country many times etc??
Just some clarification. Do you guys from 2016 PGP applicants?

SoClose

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
File Transfer...
03-06-2016
Med's Request
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Interview........
Not required
dchoudh said:
What I meant is...people who applied in 2015...few of their application are already approved and sent to LVO or Ottawa for
final (Stage 3) processing. Please look at the below link that is created and maintained by Rossei...and you will be able to understand better. Approved means their application is now at the final stage but yet to receive PR. Related to Ottawa and/or other visa offices at home country of applicants.

Hope this helps.

2015 PGP: http://goo.gl/S2SPwf
I perhaps understand what you are saying about 2015 applicants.
The point I am trying to get to is, how will thee assignments of LVO Ottawa or home country impact the processing time for last stage. The fact that they do not have processing times shown by country any more is implying that the processing time for this category is now global (meaning the average is the same regardless of home country). I am only curious if it is going to be faster processing time for files that are in Ottawa. I have not seen any data showing that yet. As you said the 2015 applications have just recently been approved for sponsorship and have entered the PR process stage so it is hard to make any speculations on the estimated processing time for this last stage, except for the data available from CIC which says they are working on applications from 2011.
conclusion, this last stage of getting PR could take around 5 years. Unless there is another miracle.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
SoClose said:
I perhaps understand what you are saying about 2015 applicants.
The point I am trying to get to is, how will thee assignments of LVO Ottawa or home country impact the processing time for last stage. The fact that they do not have processing times shown by country any more is implying that the processing time for this category is now global (meaning the average is the same regardless of home country). I am only curious if it is going to be faster processing time for files that are in Ottawa. I have not seen any data showing that yet. As you said the 2015 applications have just recently been approved for sponsorship and have entered the PR process stage so it is hard to make any speculations on the estimated processing time for this last stage, except for the data available from CIC which says they are working on applications from 2011.
conclusion, this last stage of getting PR could take around 5 years. Unless there is another miracle.
I've estimated the processing time for the last stage (PR) in the SS based on 2009-10-11 files. It took 4~6 years just to get the sponsorship approval. Then it took only 2 years for LVO for PR. Note that, the last stage used to involve a lot of communications as well (asking for PR application package, medical, PCC, extra docs, RPRF, PPR). Yet, it took 2~2.5 years.

Now, none of the files from 2014-15-16 hasn't gone past Medical/PCC request. There is nothing much left after it unless they get into a queue for PR VISA after any pre-2014 files (remaining 2009-10-11). Even for that, it cannot take 5 years. Moreover, medicals are valid for 12 months and CIC tries to stamp the visa within this period.

The data available on CIC Processing Time saying that they are working on 2011 apps has been there perhaps for years. Since it totally denies that they are working on post-2011 files, it cannot be trusted. Obviously, CPC-M is a part of CIC and they're approving 2014-15-16 files. Again, since CIC did not give PR VISA to all pre-2014 applicants, it could be their shield.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Following sponsorship approval even majority of old cases i.e pre 2014 were finalised mostly in 1.5 years. The delay and bottleneck was getting to the sponsorship approval stage.

However now so many people from different batches are receiving sponsorship approvals it is difficult to predict if a new bottleneck post sponsorship approval will occur.

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
Rossei said:
I've estimated the processing time for the last stage (PR) in the SS based on 2009-10-11 files. It took 4~6 years just to get the sponsorship approval. Then it took only 2 years for LVO for PR. Note that, the last stage used to involve a lot of communications as well (asking for PR application package, medical, PCC, extra docs, RPRF, PPR). Yet, it took 2~2.5 years.

Now, none of the files from 2014-15-16 hasn't gone past Medical/PCC request. There is nothing much left after it unless they get into a queue for PR VISA after any pre-2014 files (remaining 2009-10-11). Even for that, it cannot take 5 years. Moreover, medicals are valid for 12 months and CIC tries to stamp the visa within this period.

The data available on CIC Processing Time saying that they are working on 2011 apps has been there perhaps for years. Since it totally denies that they are working on post-2011 files, it cannot be trusted. Obviously, CPC-M is a part of CIC and they're approving 2014-15-16 files. Again, since CIC did not give PR VISA to all pre-2014 applicants, it could be their shield.
Completely agree with your explanation Rossei:).