Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-20-2013
dchoudh said:
send via mail...once you get it...why want to take the risk of scanning and sending it...if they mentioned "original"...send it using expedited delivery.
I believe it is a standard format of the letter...if they ask for Original...then send original...else few docs can be sent via email...if they are not requesting for original...thats my take on your queries...
Thanks! Hopefully we'll receive our Option C's next week.

Ksana

Jan 21, 2016
Hi Everyone,

So, there are about 4-5 of the 2016 applicants who received the second communication from the Case Processing Center?

I too received an email from the Case Processing Center in Mississauga attaching a letter stating the following:

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in CPC-Ottawa for further processing. This visa office was selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

My application was rec'd by the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga: Jan 4/16
AOR rec'd: Feb 2/16
Letter confirming eligibility and advising file moved to Ottawa: Jun 3/16

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Pamma97 said:
Not sure but I heard it here only that if you have a single parent or parent is in Canada on visitor status then file goes to Ottawa but not 100% sure how they transfer it.
I got the same email today and I applied this year. My parents live in Korea, but the email says that I met the requirements as a sponsor and the application for permanent residence has been forwarded to the visa office in CPC-Ottawa for further processing. I was expecting that it would be going to Manila office since they are Korean. The message says the visa office was selected based on my relative(parents)'s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. I entered my parents' Korean address. I'm not really sure why mine is going to Ottawa. I'm wondering if it's because I'm a Canadian citizen... My ECAS hasn't changed, still showing "application received". My credit card was charged back on Jan. 11 and if this is not an AOR, I haven't received an AOR, either. Does receiving this email mean that my sponsorship application has been approved? I thought it would take several years. What is going on??? Anyone?

Ksana

Jan 21, 2016
SH Korea said:
I got the same email today and I applied this year. My parents live in Korea, but the email says that I met the requirements as a sponsor and the application for permanent residence has been forwarded to the visa office in CPC-Ottawa for further processing. I was expecting that it would be going to Manila office since they are Korean. The message says the visa office was selected based on my relative(parents)'s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. I entered my parents' Korean address. I'm not really sure why mine is going to Ottawa. I'm wondering if it's because I'm a Canadian citizen... My ECAS hasn't changed, still showing "application received". My credit card was charged back on Jan. 11 and if this is not an AOR, I haven't received an AOR, either. Does receiving this email mean that my sponsorship application has been approved? I thought it would take several years. What is going on??? Anyone?
It means precisely what it says. I'm not sure why it's so confusing, the letter is self-explanatory.

eileenxiao

Jan 13, 2016
SH Korea said:

I got the same email today. What a surprise! I am a 2016 applicant and my parents are in China. The application has been transferred to Ottawa. Hopefully it will move fast

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
Very GOOD news from some of our Forum Members.It is really very fast. Good luck to all of us.

Ksana

Jan 21, 2016
I try and remain calm about this news - perhaps it's 5 years after the application is received in Ottawa...You never know.

ElenaRu

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Yaw! I`ve got e-mail saying You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in CPC-Ottawa for further processing. This visa office was selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

My mother at the time of submitting application was in Canada visiting us, but now she is in Russia.

Next step is Quebec application. Oh my God, more papers!!

Congratulations to those received the same e-mail.

Ddun

Jun 3, 2016
eileenxiao said:
I got the same email today. What a surprise! I am a 2016 applicant and my parents are in China. The application has been transferred to Ottawa. Hopefully it will move fast
I got a similar letter through email for my parents living in India. My application was received on Jan 4th. What happens next?

SoClose

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
File Transfer...
03-06-2016
Med's Request
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Interview........
Not required
Jacaranda said:
omg

Ive just received a letter from CIC approving my sponsorship of parent application and application transferring to Ottacwa
im reading it again and again just to make sure im awake and that this is true :eek: ;D
I exactly felt the same way. I even thought maybe somebody has hacked their system. Unbelievable :)

SoClose

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
File Transfer...
03-06-2016
Med's Request
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Interview........
Not required
Can somebody elaborate, on the files that get assigned to Ottawa. Did they ask about where the parents are at the time of application. Do you think it has anything to do with parents who were visiting Canada at the time?

MrNobody

Oct 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
Guys, me too!!! I was dumbstruck on seeing that letter from CIC! How did we get it so soon?! Do they have some filtering system in place that quickly processes the easiest, most genuine looking applications based on parents already in Canada or been in Canada and back to home country many times etc??

Ksana

Jan 21, 2016
Can someone explain why the applications shouldn't be processed in Ottawa when submitted in Canada? Where else would they be processed?

I always assumed that my application would be reviewed in Canada, it makes no logical sense to transfer it to another country ...

Secondly, is it really that big a deal about the transfer from Mississauga to Ottawa? Why all the excitement? Should I be throwing a party tomorrow or something to celebrate? ;D

Ksana

Jan 21, 2016
MrNobody said:
Guys, me too!!! I was dumbstruck on seeing that letter from CIC! How did we get it so soon?! Do they have some filtering system in place that quickly processes the easiest, most genuine looking applications based on parents already in Canada or been in Canada and back to home country many times etc??
Perhaps...We need more data from other users to do analysis...

In my case, my mom has been to visit me here only 4-5 times in the past 7 years. She never lived here.

Family of 2 employed ppl, no dependents.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
SoClose said:
Can somebody elaborate, on the files that get assigned to Ottawa. Did they ask about where the parents are at the time of application. Do you think it has anything to do with parents who were visiting Canada at the time?
Processing of applications is no longer done based on where you are from because of the new centralized system. That is why you can no longer see the processing times of different LVO's now.

See the CIC explanation below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1185&top=3