+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

grilled

Mar 1, 2013
one of my friend who applied in 2014 got notice to send his latest option c and passport copies of his parents in law

Mesohilo

Jan 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
File Transfer...
29-06-2016
tamilnadu said:
He is 2016 applicant!!!!! CC charged on Jan 22nd....UPS batch...oh my...oh my....good progress ;D
Yes, as tamilnadu mentioned, my application is in this year's first batch. As exciting as this sounds, I think it is too good to be true... I don't think they are PROCESSING the apps yet. It is probably a 2nd check. The first one, back in JAN simply checked if all the forms were present. Now they are actually reading them. the letter claims that my app was incomplete. That's not accurate as I checked (and re-checked, and re-checked, and...) the checklist and it was all there. They just want more details and requested additional docs.

One way or another it is progress. hopefully things will start moving soon. Good luck to all of us!

jesa

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

Everyone can share, i have a friend who filed a consumers proposal, he is
a bit worried if that can affect his sponsorship for his dad. Your insight a great help.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
jesa said:
Hello

Everyone can share, i have a friend who filed a consumers proposal, he is
a bit worried if that can affect his sponsorship for his dad. Your insight a great help.
It depends on whether this affects his financial ability to meet the requirements necessary for sponsorship. If he has the minimum income, he should be fine but he should be open and submit all relevant information.

jesa

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
_MK_ said:
It depends on whether this affects his financial ability to meet the requirements necessary for sponsorship. If he has the minimum income, he should be fine but he should be open and submit all relevant information.
Thanks MK, but what do you mean by " he should be open and submit all relevant information"?
submit to CIC? the consumer proposal that he signed?
For sure the proposal does not affect his financial ability to sponsor.
Thanks again.

caboy808

Feb 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys! I recently got married and I figure I must report this change to CIC, just wondering, would this change my income requirement for the past years as my wife counts as 4th member of the household. Any comments on this would help! CHeers!

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
prcanada said:
Where can I find the Option C printout..
Letter says it is different from NOC
Are you a 2016 applicant and have been asked to submit 'Option C'?

You can get Option C either by calling CRA (they only send by mail and it may take 2 weeks for you to get them) OR you can download them from CRA online account. Please note that you need to wait for a confirmation code from CRA for your online profile before you can download the Option C, which usually takes 1-2 weeks as well (again, regular mail).

Hope it helps.

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
prcanada said:
Simply call CRA as mentioned by PRCANADA...and ask them to send "Option C" which is not exactly same as NOA (but kind of same)...for specific years that CIC requested for...they will send it to you and you will receive it within a week or two via regular mail.

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
caboy808 said:
Guys! I recently got married and I figure I must report this change to CIC, just wondering, would this change my income requirement for the past years as my wife counts as 4th member of the household. Any comments on this would help! CHeers!
I believe yes, it will change your HH status...hence income requirement...btw when did you get married...and Congrats :)

grilled

Mar 1, 2013
caboy808 said:
only for the year you are married , your income should match for 4 persons....for previous years.....3 members

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
prcanada said:
Everyone already briefed about it. I just want to elaborate it little more for everyone:

Option C (Proof of Income Statement):
This is more detailed statement of your tax year's income and deductions. You can either download it from 'CRA My Account' or call CRA to order it. If you order it over phone, it usually takes 2 weeks. Previously, Option C wasn't available to download, rather there was something else called "Online Printout". It was something between NOA and Option C.
Here is the link for How to get Option C from CRA.

NOA (Notice of Assessment):
NOA is actually a summary of Option C. When you file your tax return for recent tax year, CRA notifies you with NOA of their assessment/refund of your income with key lines taken from Option C. If CRA decides to re-assess your income later the year, they will issue you Notice of Reassessment. Since NOA is produced only once; it cannot be ordered over phone if you lost/misplaced it. But you can download a copy from 'CRA My Account'. Here is the link for How to get a copy of NOA.

So, if CIC asks for 'Option C', an NOA may not suffice the requirement as it is more like a summary of Option C. FYI, if you choose to download NOA/Option C from My Account; you may only see last 3 years' statements. But if you call CRA, they will be able to provide you last 6~7 years' statements.

CRA My Account:
Here is the link for How to register for My Account. You can either login with your online banking credentials or CRA username/password. But you would need to register with CRA first and it usually takes 2 weeks to get the CRA generated security code by mail.

CRA My Account: www.cra.gc.ca/myaccount
CRA Mobile App (myCRA): http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/esrvc-srvce/mblpp/menu-eng.html
CRA Contact No: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/cntct/phn-eng.html

I hope this clears some confusion re: NOA and Option C.

prcanada

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
Rossei said:
Everyone already briefed about it. I just want to elaborate it little more for everyone:

Option C (Proof of Income Statement):
This is more detailed statement of your tax year's income and deductions. You can either download it from 'CRA My Account' or call CRA to order it. If you order it over phone, it usually takes 2 weeks. Previously, Option C wasn't available to download, rather there was something else called "Online Printout". It was something between NOA and Option C.
Here is the link for How to get Option C from CRA.

NOA (Notice of Assessment):
NOA is actually a summary of Option C. When you file your tax return for recent tax year, CRA notifies you with NOA of their assessment/refund of your income with key lines taken from Option C. If CRA decides to re-assess your income later the year, they will issue you Notice of Reassessment. Since NOA is produced only once; it cannot be ordered over phone if you lost/misplaced it. But you can download a copy from 'CRA My Account'. Here is the link for How to get a copy of NOA.

So, if CIC asks for 'Option C', an NOA may not suffice the requirement as it is more like a summary of Option C. FYI, if you choose to download NOA/Option C from My Account; you may only see last 3 years' statements. But if you call CRA, they will be able to provide you last 6~7 years' statements.

CRA My Account:
Here is the link for How to register for My Account. You can either login with your online banking credentials or CRA username/password. But you would need to register with CRA first and it usually takes 2 weeks to get the CRA generated security code by mail.

CRA My Account: www.cra.gc.ca/myaccount
CRA Mobile App (myCRA): http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/esrvc-srvce/mblpp/menu-eng.html
CRA Contact No: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/cntct/phn-eng.html

I hope this clears some confusion re: NOA and Option C.
Thanks for the detailed info.. Have voted good, for all those who replied

Californiacicle

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-20-2013
I got a letter yesterday from CIC requesting Option C Printouts for myself and my husband and my mom's divorce decree. Luckily I have my mom's divorce papers here with me or we never would have gotten it back into CIC in time as it took the letter a week to get to me and we have to have everything in by the 24th. I don't understand why it takes a week for mail to travel an hour.

I still have to get our Option C but did send my mom's divorce decree through the Case Specific Enquiry form noted at the bottom of the letter. Anyone else use that? I'm a little nervous about using it. I also am now wondering if I should have also scanned the letter as they say they want a copy of this letter as well, which seems weird.

I wanted to add that I'm also going to have difficulty because I didn't have my PR and SIN number until 2014 and therefore cannot send them my 2012 and 2013 Option Cs.

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
Californiacicle said:
I got a letter yesterday from CIC requesting Option C Printouts for myself and my husband and my mom's divorce decree. Luckily I have my mom's divorce papers here with me or we never would have gotten it back into CIC in time as it took the letter a week to get to me and we have to have everything in by the 24th. I don't understand why it takes a week for mail to travel an hour.

I still have to get our Option C but did send my mom's divorce decree through the Case Specific Enquiry form noted at the bottom of the letter. Anyone else use that? I'm a little nervous about using it. I also am now wondering if I should have also scanned the letter as they say they want a copy of this letter as well, which seems weird.
Send the letter along with your Option C...also I think send again your mom's divorce decree with a letter mentioning that...you are sending it again with all the other docs...I think that might still be ok with CIC.