+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

GagzV

Sep 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All

App reached on 5th Jan 1043 am Canada post.
CC charged on 29 Mar I got a text alert from bank.

But I went to Bank they said this transaction did not went through . I am confused what is happening,
I saw application making cut from 10-12 am 5 Jan batch. I am wondering how do CIC get payment form ??

Does anybody has any comments or suggestions or faced similar problem. Did they think it was complete application and later changed their mind ??

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
GagzV said:
Hi All

But I went to Bank they said this transaction did not went through . I am confused what is happening,
I saw application making cut from 10-12 am 5 Jan batch. I am wondering how do CIC get payment form ??

Does anybody has any comments or suggestions or faced similar problem. Did they think it was complete application and later changed their mind ??
Few Counter Questions...as I am not clear on your status:

1> How much limit do you see now in your CC online? Its it total amount or Total Amount-CIC Amount?
2> "But I went to Bank they said this transaction did not went through" - Did you ask the bank why it did not went through as CIC tried charging you CC?

This is what I think for your below queries...

"Applications making cut from 10-12 am 5th Jan batch"...this might not include everyone...so it depends
"Did they think it was complete application and later changed their mind ??" - Dont think so until I am missing something.

Sam961

Jan 30, 2016
GagzV said:
Hi All

I know you're just looking for piece of mind and I can help you get that. First of all, in my opinion and experience, I know you are fine but you need more assurance.

Call the help line, you'll get the machine saying they're too busy and then it'll ask you to press 1 for French. Wait till you hear all that and than keep pressing 1 for every option you get till you get transferred to an agent. If you still get a machine saying they're too busy to take calls, then call back and follow the same process! You will eventually get through, just be patient.

Once you get an agent, politely ask if they had an issue processing your payment. Sometimes you'll get an agent that doesn't want to help. If that happens, just call again and you will get an agent that will help you.

Let us know how it goes.

Good luck.

Sam961

Jan 30, 2016
Something terribly messed up just happened to me. Please I need everyone's help. Please let me know if I can do anything!

2 weeks ago, when I called the helpline, a call agent told me that I made the 10000 cap. I waited to be charged but was never charged. I called them again today and they said my application was returned APR 4 because I didn't make the cap!

Any advice any help?

GagzV

Sep 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dchoudh said:
Few Counter Questions...as I am not clear on your status:

1> How much limit do you see now in your CC online? Its it total amount or Total Amount-CIC Amount?
2> "But I went to Bank they said this transaction did not went through" - Did you ask the bank why it did not went through as CIC tried charging you CC?

This is what I think for your below queries...

"Applications making cut from 10-12 am 5th Jan batch"...this might not include everyone...so it depends
"Did they think it was complete application and later changed their mind ??" - Dont think so until I am missing something.
Thanks dchoudh for your prompt response.
1. -> Well Limit is my total limit - no. of transactions. No hold or anything from CIC. As its already past 3 business days by that time it should have shown on statement by now. As I got text of authorization by CIC on 29 March.

2.-> yea I asked Bank they said merchant (CIC) might have rolled back their authorization. There is nothing wrong with the account or limit problem. Not sure why CIC did that ?

GagzV

Sep 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Sam

Thanks for your response definitely I will try to call CIC, but this probably the worst case if it is true that they attempted and then changed their mind.
On top of that if you saw your application returned and first accepted not sure how strong their system of tracking is and how much authenticity does call center agent has in his answers.

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
GagzV said:
Thanks dchoudh for your prompt response.
1. -> Well Limit is my total limit - no. of transactions. No hold or anything from CIC. As its already past 3 business days by that time it should have shown on statement by now. As I got text of authorization by CIC on 29 March.

2.-> yea I asked Bank they said merchant (CIC) might have rolled back their authorization. There is nothing wrong with the account or limit problem. Not sure why CIC did that ?

Well...then follow up with CIC...thats the best approach as Sam suggested...probably they charged and then found something...which made them roll back the "Authorization" amount...because final "Clearing and Settlement" happens within or after 3 days...which is the when it shows in the online bank statement.

Authorization is just blocking the amount until clearing and settlement happens...sorry to hear that...

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
Sam961 said:
Something terribly messed up just happened to me. Please I need everyone's help. Please let me know if I can do anything!

2 weeks ago, when I called the helpline, a call agent told me that I made the 10000 cap. I waited to be charged but was never charged. I called them again today and they said my application was returned APR 4 because I didn't make the cap!

Any advice any help?
I dont know what to say...not able to advice anything...if you are not charged yet...chances are slim that you made that cap...sorry...I do not trust the call centre agents alot...becuase based on the blogs...their statement differ a lot...(similar to what happned with you).

mamaburger

Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FedEx 11:50AM Jan 4th
Paid with Certified cheque so I don't have confirmation from bank. I called, but they say they don't have info.
Just checked E-Cas today, and it says "Application Received" for both my parents. I don't have AOR email yet though... I guess this is good news?? I've updated spreadsheet

Ma.

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
mamaburger said:
Paid with Certified cheque so I don't have confirmation from bank. I called, but they say they don't have info.
Just checked E-Cas today, and it says "Application Received" for both my parents. I don't have AOR email yet though... I guess this is good news?? I've updated spreadsheet
Hi! Can anyone teach me how to check online that e cas ?

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
mamaburger said:
Congrats:)

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
Ma. said:
Hi! Can anyone teach me how to check online that e cas ?
You can click on the below link and follow the instructions to check if your ECAS is activated or not...

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/;jsessionid=005B949F47FF8EEF06F603F76814B088?app=ecas&lang=en

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats

How did you check the e case , mean what information u put ,yours ?? or parents ?

Thanks

S

mamaburger said:

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
mamaburger said:
Congrats!

I've given you a payment acceptance date (15-Mar-2016) which seemed logical to me comparing other 11:50 applicants' timeline. Since you paid in cheque, you may never know what exact date CIC cashed it. But I need a payment charge date from EVERYONE for sorting such database.

Luzern

Apr 4, 2016
Hey

What's the best time to reach a CIC agent through their 1-888-242-2100 line? I tried calling early in the morning 8:20ish and was told "due to high volume I cannot be connected to an agent". Are they open 8am or something?