+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Good2016

Mar 23, 2016
dchoudh said:
This following might now be completely true based on my understanding..." I believe the files between 10,000 to 14,000 are already returned."

The reason I am saying this is because if CIC already opened and verified all the 5K-10K apps before and was just waiting to charge our CC...then based on the below...the 5k-10k CC would have been charged by now already...

0-5K - CIC started charging around Jan 7 and went till the end of Jan (25th) approx...do not have the excel opened...hence saying approx...This includes opening, verifying and charging of CC.

5K-10K - CIC started charging around Mar 7 and it is going on till now (March 24th)...

Hence if they have already opened and verified and 5K-10K apps before (Feb)...it would have definitely taken them less time to charge the second set of 5K apps...but looking at the CC charging timelines....they are similar to Jan.

Hence I believe they did not open it before and they only started verifying and charging 5K-10K apps...once they received a formal go ahead around end of Feb.
Good point. If cic won't charge me today. Then there is no more hope.Sad!

Good2016

Mar 23, 2016
Thank God! Thank every one who told me keep positive.
$1100 just got charged by CPCARTC? still pending.......
I'm on Fedex 10:01 Jan 5th.

Good luck to the rest of Jan 5th!

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Pamma97 said:
Need advise from someone who knows anything about default?

Application for Parent sponsorship accepted by CIC.

I sponsored my wife in 2014 and she landed here in Canada last year 2015 Feb.
Now she is going to school and her education is sponsored by provincial govt. and federal.
so basically she is getting benefits from govt. for education which makes me at default I guess.

So my question is should I pay off her loan and not be in default or wait until CIC ask to pay for the loan?

how long it will take for CIC to know that I'm at default as file is already accepted but I think they won't touch it for years as there is backlog and I can clear her loan by then.

Please help and advise if anyone know how to deal in this situation.

Thank You!
Why would you be at default? Default means u have not paid back the loan according to the terms which is not the case here. Loans have agreements and payback terms. So just pay the required payments when you are supposed to. If you want to pay off the entire loan, then its up to you but that is a financial decision with no bearing on immigration. Also if it is in your wife's name, you are not liable for it, your wife is. Having a loan means you have a "liability". Now if the person liable does not pay it back according to the terms agreed when u take it, then you are "defaulting" on the loan.

CIC will not ask you to pay back the loan. CIC is not a collection agency and it has nothing to do with your immigration decision.
FOR Parents sponsorship, CIC only requires proof that you have the required income in the form or tax statements that you file every year. Other than that it will not ask you for anything else. CIC does not do credit checks.

v2016

Jan 21, 2016
Here is my 2cents,Comparing the charging time for the first 5000, and second 5000 according to our spreadsheets, there are some differences.
It took about 18 business days on the first 5000 files. However, for each days, there were more people been charged than the second 5000 files. In that case, I am assuming it might takes longer time to finish the charging on the second 5000 files.
Keep positive guys! :D :)

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
Good2016 said:
Thank God! Thank every one who told me keep positive.
$1100 just got charged by CPCARTC? still pending.......
I'm on Fedex 10:01 Jan 5th.

Good luck to the rest of Jan 5th!

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
Congrats :D :D :D

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
v2016 said:
Here is my 2cents,Comparing the charging time for the first 5000, and second 5000 according to our spreadsheets, there are some differences.
It took about 18 business days on the first 5000 files. However, for each days, there were more people been charged than the second 5000 files. In that case, I am assuming it might takes longer time to finish the charging on the second 5000 files.
Keep positive guys! :D :)
Agree...

lyka04

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 9, 2013
AOR Received.
September 10, 2013
File Transfer...
October 10, 2013- Sponsor Approval
Med's Done....
August 28, 2013- Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 26, 2014 (Passport and Addtl Docs sent June 30, 2014) IN PROCESS May 28, 2014 DECISION MADE July 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2014 received on July 24, 2014
LANDED..........
August 11, 2014
hi everyone. if CIC charged me the 550 fee, does that mean that my application was approved?

Pamma97

Aug 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
_MK_ said:
Why would you be at default? Default means u have not paid back the loan according to the terms which is not the case here. Loans have agreements and payback terms. So just pay the required payments when you are supposed to. If you want to pay off the entire loan, then its up to you but that is a financial decision with no bearing on immigration. Also if it is in your wife's name, you are not liable for it, your wife is. Having a loan means you have a "liability". Now if the person liable does not pay it back according to the terms agreed when u take it, then you are "defaulting" on the loan.

CIC will not ask you to pay back the loan. CIC is not a collection agency and it has nothing to do with your immigration decision.
FOR Parents sponsorship, CIC only requires proof that you have the required income in the form or tax statements that you file every year. Other than that it will not ask you for anything else. CIC does not do credit checks.
But according to CIC website it says when you have sponsored other relatives in past and they are getting benefits from government then you are at default as you were the sponsor for that person and its your responsibility to take care of him. In case of spousal category I think its 3 or 5 years undertaking and as we all know 20 years for parents and grandparents.
So if my wife is getting loan from government that means I'm not fulfilling my undertaking isn't it? I know cic won't do credit checks but they have access to see every information for sponsor as while getting a loan from government you need to give your SIN for both husband and wife. so yeah my wife and me both are responsible to pay off the loan.

My only concern is will they ask me to re-pay before approving my parents application and how long they will take to know bcoz as of know I don't think they know even though cc is charged. My understanding is they won't even touch these applications for a couple of years and in the mean time a can pay off the loan. But just concerned if anyone know anything about it or faced similar situation.

Thanks

Good2016

Mar 23, 2016
lyka04 said:
hi everyone. if CIC charged me the 550 fee, does that mean that my application was approved?
Of course not. This is just the first step. There is long way, a few years to go!

lyka04

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 9, 2013
AOR Received.
September 10, 2013
File Transfer...
October 10, 2013- Sponsor Approval
Med's Done....
August 28, 2013- Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 26, 2014 (Passport and Addtl Docs sent June 30, 2014) IN PROCESS May 28, 2014 DECISION MADE July 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2014 received on July 24, 2014
LANDED..........
August 11, 2014
Good2016 said:
Of course not. This is just the first step. There is long way, a few years to go!
so what happens after the cc charged? what does it mean?

masoom1

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
lyka04 said:
so what happens after the cc charged? what does it mean?
Actually getting CC charged is some kind of assurance that there was no error in file, But you will get official AOR soon, based on trend it can be month or 2. That will be official confirmation that they placed your file in queue. Later on they will contact you once they actually start processing your file, may be after 2-3 years as per current speculation

Good2016

Mar 23, 2016
masoom1 said:
Actually getting CC charged is some kind of assurance that there was no error in file, But you will get official AOR soon, based on trend it can be month or 2. That will be official confirmation that they placed your file in queue. Later on they will contact you once they actually start processing your file, may be after 2-3 years as per current speculation
Yes, they will verify every information you provided in you application form. If they are all OK, then your parents need to pass the physical exam. During the whole process, hope cic won't make any changes about the policy.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Pamma97 said:
But according to CIC website it says when you have sponsored other relatives in past and they are getting benefits from government then you are at default as you were the sponsor for that person and its your responsibility to take care of him. In case of spousal category I think its 3 or 5 years undertaking and as we all know 20 years for parents and grandparents.
So if my wife is getting loan from government that means I'm not fulfilling my undertaking isn't it? I know cic won't do credit checks but they have access to see every information for sponsor as while getting a loan from government you need to give your SIN for both husband and wife. so yeah my wife and me both are responsible to pay off the loan.

My only concern is will they ask me to re-pay before approving my parents application and how long they will take to know bcoz as of know I don't think they know even though cc is charged. My understanding is they won't even touch these applications for a couple of years and in the mean time a can pay off the loan. But just concerned if anyone know anything about it or faced similar situation.

Thanks
This is not the right thread for this question.
But either ways, it goes back to the definition of what "defaulting" on a loan means. Just because you have a loan doesnt mean you are in default, it means u r in debt. CIC cannot ask you to pay back the loan and cannot look at your credit file with your SIN number. It will be illegal to try and pull your credit report without your consent.
Having Debt does not mean you are not fulfilling your undertaking. You can take 20 years to pay that loan back (min payments) and it wouldnt affect the decision on your application. CIC put those words in there because if the person flees the country without paying off the loan (your wife in this case), the loan issuing authority (bank) can legally come after you to reclaim the loan.

You are being paranoid for no reason.