+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

irinako

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Jian_Letran said:
Based on what I have read, they had received enough applications for both 5k and 10k cap before Jan 7. They had started processing the 5k immediately that week and put on queue the remaining 5k, meaning the rest that would make it 10k. So it means that in the span of 3 days the cap was reached but we cannot know for sure what time it was. But they definitely had everything in order before they started returning the apps that did not make the cap. As the CIC website stated they kept 14k apps. So I don't know what's confusing about it. They must have received all those 14k apps in Jan 4 because I knew some people that sent their apps on Jan 4 received their apps back with a note that they received the application after the cap was reached. So the cap was reached just hours after the program started. Kudos to the early birds. So for those who are wondering why they are charging CC and returning other apps its because they already had enough apps and are just starting to process them.
Yeah, but do you think they have also checked all 10K packages for completeness before they even knew the cap will be increased? It's a lot of additional work.... I mean they should not only have put aside additional 5K, but also ensure they all are complete packages. Seems kind of a lot of work. I am saying this based on the understanding that they have to keep 10K complete packages.

But in any case, I agree with the thoughts that we cannot change anything at this point and have to just patiently wait......

I am from the 9:43 Purolator batch. Has anyone from that batch got the application returned already?

wendolapm

Feb 1, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4th, 2016
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016
tongyiba said:
Finally got charged...

Jan 4 10:47 delivery by Canada Post
March 10 CC charged
OMG! I'm in that same group! Getting closer! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jian_Letran

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2016
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
irinako said:
Yeah, but do you think they have also checked all 10K packages for completeness before they even knew the cap will be increased? It's a lot of additional work.... I mean they should not only have put aside additional 5K, but also ensure they all are complete packages. Seems kind of a lot of work. I am saying this based on the understanding that they have to keep 10K complete packages.

But in any case, I agree with the thoughts that we cannot change anything at this point and have to just patiently wait......

I am from the 9:43 Purolator batch. Has anyone from that batch got the application returned already?
I do believe they have a system for that. They said they kept 14k apps just in case the 5k additional apps has some errors in it. So they probably figured it out by now. My application probably was included in the 400 apps that they kept and realized that the 5k in queue they had was enough. So we can't really blame them this was the first they increased their cap and I am sincerely happy for those who made it. I'll remember all their advises too. Just have to prepare all documents before they open again on January 3 2017.

aryan15

Dec 27, 2015
Is anyone from the Purolator 9.43 batch willing to take this to media? If we have enough people, media will atleast publish an article. Not to shame purolator ( although, I don't mind) but more to bring awareness to the fact that this process is very stressful and even after trying your very best, you can miss out just because of courier delays on the very first day.

Please let me know if anyone of you is interested in taking this to the media.

wendolapm

Feb 1, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4th, 2016
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016
Madleine said:
My application was delivered by Canada Post at 10:45 and my CC was charged on March 10th.
Was it signed by R. Mahmood?

irinako

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
aryan15 said:
Is anyone from the Purolator 9.43 batch willing to take this to media? If we have enough people, media will atleast publish an article. Not to shame purolator ( although, I don't mind) but more to bring awareness to the fact that this process is very stressful and even after trying your very best, you can miss out just because of courier delays on the very first day.

Yes, I support bringing this to the light. But I don't have my tracking number anymore.
How do you want to "take this to the media"?

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
aryan15 said:

It has already been brought to the media's attention multiple times. Its Purolator's fault. You should go and ask for a refund. Infact everyone who sent via Purolator should ask for a refund simply because they failed their guarantee.
Unfortunately thats all they are liable for.

They wont get any business next year for delivering PGP applications.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Madleine said:
My application was delivered by Canada Post at 10:45 and my CC was charged on March 10th.
Who would have guessed CP would beat purolator.... Sigh...

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I chatted with purolator multiple times and they gave me multiple reference numbers and they told me that someone from the depot will callback.
but no one called me back.

i chatted with chat agent between 1 and 2 pm EST on 4th Jan and the agent said that the guy in lineup for delivery with 700 packages however after 2 pm i received the delivery stamp for 9:43

for the past few days, I chatted with multiple chat agents and they don't have any answer for why timestamp of delivery is 9:43 am even though the purolator guy was in the lineup for delivery around 2 pm EST with 700 packages.All they are saying is to wait for callback from purolator depot but no one called back.

cdnrics

Aug 8, 2011
I think government has to come up with different selection criteria, no doubt people living in GTA has advantage right now caz of Mississauga office, 10K files has to be distributed among all provinces according to immigrant population, blaming one courier company not gonna resolve the actual problem, next year some other courier will screw up something, then what ? 10k files / (10 provinces 3 territories), atleast everybody have better chance by sending file in their own province rather than just ONTARIO..

wendolapm

Feb 1, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4th, 2016
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016
They should look into online submissions like they are doing for Express Entry and Quebec immigration.
Clearly with a 10K cap getting in would still be a challenge, but at least out of province applicants wouldn't be at such an obvious disadvantage.

mghchdh

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2017
Just got charged today! Delivered at 11:50am on the 4th!
Feeling so happy today..Rossei do update the spreadsheet..i am already there..and I can now make your donation....