+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Orsis

Jan 21, 2016
Pamma97 said:
My application was suppose to be for Jan 4th 9am Delivery from Edmonton but bcoz of missed connection from Purolator they delivered it on 5th Jan, so I called them and opened inquiry with case officer. So he called me back and apologized about the delay and said he will send me the refund cheque for whatever I paid.
Can I claim the refund when it shows delivered on 9:43?

randebutler

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Vancouver Island, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Orsis said:
Can I claim the refund when it shows delivered on 9:43?
If my application is not accepted due to missing the cap I will be asking for a refund. I actually think that if we all get screwed that we should group together to go after them for the money and hopefully some publicity nationally. It's amazing what you can do when you work together and threaten to go public.

And yes, I know I should have gone local......... that is irrelevant to the issue of us paying for 9am service and not receiving that service.

Orsis

Jan 21, 2016
randebutler said:
If my application is not accepted due to missing the cap I will be asking for a refund. I actually think that if we all get screwed that we should group together to go after them for the money and hopefully some publicity nationally. It's amazing what you can do when you work together and threaten to go public.

And yes, I know I should have gone local......... that is irrelevant to the issue of us paying for 9am service and not receiving that service.
Totally agree. So if the worst thing happens, let me know if we are organizing to do something together.
Thanks.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I have contacted Purolator thrice and no one from the depot has called me back yet (they promised a callback in 2-3 business days) to explain that why the timestamp of the delivery is 9:43 even though the agent told me around 2 PM EST that the guy is in the lineup for delivery with 700 packages.

kclau

Mar 2, 2016
I am from the "4th January, 9:43 am". Purolator said they needed an appointment, therefore were not able to deliver the envelope at 9am. I found it strange... Anyways... I am also waiting for news. My credit card was not charged yet.

wendolapm

Feb 1, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4th, 2016
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016
Appointment? Nonsense!
I'll tell you what happened, the drive saw the long queue and left to come back later!

Ma.

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Rossei said:
I guess you're Jan 4 10:47 AM batch of Canada Post. None reported payment being charged or application returned from 10:47 batch. It's most likely that 10:47 delivery time-stamp by CanadaPost is not even close to the actual delivery time (saying it from past experience).

I believe the first 5K applications were already charged.

CIC was holding 13,000 applications in total in case the Govt. decides to increase the cap (which they did). Hence, CIC did not return any app for not meeting the cap (they returned few for other reasons). Pretty soon, they will start charging the rest 5K applications. Once they're finished, they will return all the apps that did not meet 10K cap.

Now, I hope that 10:47 is actually sometime before noon which may put yourself in between 5K-10K.

This is part of my quote from the very first post of this topic:

Thank you so much for that. Wish me luck to be in the cap

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
Mrs Hassan said:
Also from the purolator 9.43 batch.. Sad to see no ones charged :(
Just wondering...who delivered first on 4th in reality? Canada Post or Purolotar ;) :) :) :)

samOtto

Mar 4, 2016
Just wondering.. Could there by a problem with something or employee on vacation etc..; accidentally lots of application received between Jan 04, 2016 at 9:17 am through 9:22 am do not seem to have been processed no acceptance neither rejection(per tracking docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14ujwMXUzGTckLlr1dkuitOOKiqpp5_bhhLDKxDe3NDg/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=640534760)!

any guess .. idea!

wendolapm

Feb 1, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4th, 2016
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016
samOtto said:
Just wondering.. Could there by a problem with something or employee on vacation etc..; accidentally lots of application received between Jan 04, 2016 at 9:17 am through 9:22 am do not seem to have been processed no acceptance neither rejection(per tracking docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14ujwMXUzGTckLlr1dkuitOOKiqpp5_bhhLDKxDe3NDg/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=640534760)!

any guess .. idea!
Most likely the courier lied about the timestamp and it was actually delivered much later

masoom1

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
Guys

Just want to share, They start charging credit card, Mine just charged now 10:08 Purolator

best of luck to all

kclau

Mar 2, 2016
masoom1 said:
Guys

Just want to share, They start charging credit card, Mine just charged now 10:08 Purolator

best of luck to all
omg... congratulations!

On the other hand, I am worried about me and all the people from the Purolator-9:43 batch. I hope ours start being charged soon too. It just seem that our batch was messed up.
I couldn't find my tracking number anymore. But I remember checking the notes from the delivery guy saying they needed an appointment. Then at 9:43 he delivered the package. I agree that he might have just left and came back later :mad:
I read in an article that some of them make sure to go till the mail room to deliver the package, others don't do that. I feel like our guy wasn't very careful.

Anyways... good luck to all of us!

masoom1

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
kclau said:
omg... congratulations!

On the other hand, I am worried about me and all the people from the Purolator-9:43 batch. I hope ours start being charged soon too. It just seem that our batch was messed up.
I couldn't find my tracking number anymore. But I remember checking the notes from the delivery guy saying they needed an appointment. Then at 9:43 he delivered the package. I agree that he might have just left and came back later :mad:
I read in an article that some of them make sure to go till the mail room to deliver the package, others don't do that. I feel like our guy wasn't very careful.

Anyways... good luck to all of us!
I believe order of application also matter, i have sent two application same time 1008, one got charge on Jan 14, This one charged just now, I have sent both apps at same time, i think the order they deliver effect processing.

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
masoom1 said:
Guys

best of luck to all
Thanks a ton Masoom for the Good news:)...